Windows 10: Moving profiles from local to AD?

Discus and support Moving profiles from local to AD? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi guys. I have some computers that need to be part of a AD domain. Some user have a lot of files, is possible to change a local profile from a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by klabacita, Aug 28, 2019.

1. klabacita Win User

Moving profiles from local to AD?

Hi guys.

I have some computers that need to be part of a AD domain.

Some user have a lot of files, is possible to change a local profile from a local user to AD user?

I don't want to setup everything again and move all his data to his new AD profile.

Any tips I will appreciated, thanks.

Windows 10 pro.

:)

klabacita, Aug 28, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Migrate Locale Profile to Domain

I removed my reply because watching those instructions on TechNet I started wondering if they really work with Windows 10.

Anyway, whatever you try create first a dummy profile, customize it a bit and move it to domain. If everything works, you can then move real profiles.

3. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Aug 28, 2019
  4. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Moving profiles from local to AD? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Moving profiles from local to AD? - Similar Threads - Moving profiles local

2. Assign one local profile for all AD users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Assign one local profile for all AD users: We are setting up several computer labs at our University. we are using the latest Windows 10 N. After installing many heavy applications, and customizing the default user profile, we end up with large default profile over 1 GB, so when a users try to login, it will take a...
  3. Assign one local profile for all AD users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Assign one local profile for all AD users: We are setting up several computer labs at our University. we are using the latest Windows 10 N. After installing many heavy applications, and customizing the default user profile, we end up with large default profile over 1 GB, so when a users try to login, it will take a...
  4. Assign one local profile for all AD users

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Migrate from domain profile to local profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrate from domain profile to local profile: Here is my situation, I had a Windows server set up in my house with PCs connected to it on my network. I took the server out of operation a few years ago but have been logging into my PCs with the same accounts with no issues. A few days ago I wanted to change the password...
  6. Migrate from domain profile to local profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Migrate from domain profile to local profile: Here is my situation, I had a Windows server set up in my house with PCs connected to it on my network. I took the server out of operation a few years ago but have been logging into my PCs with the same accounts with no issues. A few days ago I wanted to change the password...
  7. Restore Corrupt Roaming Profile from Good Local Profile?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Restore Corrupt Roaming Profile from Good Local Profile?: Windows complains that my roaming profile is corrupt and says that it is logging me in with a local profile. This profile is missing a few customizations but seems to otherwise OK. Fixing this profile would be less work than reconfiguring a default profile, which is what the...
  8. Restore Corrupt Roaming Profile from Good Local Profile?

in Windows 10 Support
    Restore Corrupt Roaming Profile from Good Local Profile?: Windows complains that my roaming profile is corrupt and says that it is logging me in with a local profile. This profile is missing a few customizations but seems to otherwise OK. Fixing this profile would be less work than reconfiguring a default profile, which is what the...
  9. Adding Profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Profile: So my family and I share the same computer. One day I try to log on and all the profiles but 1 that's not mine is gone. I've tried so much to get my profile back but I got nothing. When I press on the picture with the account that is already on, it only shows the sigh out,...
  10. Account settings showing two user profiles after moving from local to microsoft

in Windows 10 Customization
    Account settings showing two user profiles after moving from local to microsoft: This is only happening/affect Account settings, both profiles are identical, one with my account picture and one without. Only happened since doing a clean install of the 2004 update common practise for me due to prior issues with feature updates. Never had this issue before,...