Windows 10: moving setting and files to a new computer

Discus and support moving setting and files to a new computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; whats the procedure for moving files and settings to a new computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Frank_is_frustrated, Sep 14, 2018.

1. moving setting and files to a new computer

whats the procedure for moving files and settings to a new computer

:)

Frank_is_frustrated, Sep 14, 2018
  2. Romel Ram Win User

Moving outlook to a new windows 10 computer

Hi,

We understand that you'd like to move all your files from the server to your new computer. For us to properly assist you, we'd like to ask some questions:

• Are you using Office 365 for Business for your server?
    • Are you planning to move all your Office and Outlook files to your new computer?
    • Is your new computer a personal computer or connected to your domain?

We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Marites1 Win User
    Move files from old windows 7 computer to new windows 10 computer

Actually I was responding to the issue of moving thousands of files from my Windows 7 pc to a new Windows 10 computer.

As for the mail app, I had wondered about out setting up the accounts--and possibly importing the contacts list and saved e-mails. If that requires that I stay with Windows Live Mail, then perhaps that's what I will do.

Marites1, Sep 14, 2018
  4. BulldogXX Win User

moving setting and files to a new computer

moving files to new computer

1- Borrow or purchase an empty USB flash drive with enough capacity to hold the files you wish to transfer.

2- Insert the USB drive to a USB port on the old computer.

3- Copy the files you wish to transfer to the USB drive.

4- Now move the USB drive to a USB port on the new computer.

5- Copy or move the files from the USB drive to the new computer.

BulldogXX, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

moving setting and files to a new computer

1. moving setting and files to a new computer - Similar Threads - moving setting files

2. Moving SSD to new computer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving SSD to new computer.: I'am going to be upgrading my pc soon and want to use my current ssd in my computer. I'am going to use the "reset this pc" setting to get rid of all my files, apps, games, etc. I want to start a fresh wipe of windows on my new pc. What i want to know is can I do the windows...
  3. moving files to a new computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    moving files to a new computer: My hard drive is dying and I need to move my data and programs from a Windows 10 operating system to a new computer with Windows 10. I would like to use writable CDs....
  4. moving to a new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    moving to a new computer: My current desktop is on life support, if I buy a new desktop can I just pull the root drive from my dying machine , put it in the new one and expect everything including all the APPS to work ?...
  5. Move to a new Computer

Move to a new Computer: What have people found to be the best way to transfer programs, files, data from one (operating) computer to a new one? Both are running Windows 10. Both will have OneDrive and Office 365....
  6. Moving to a new computer (license)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving to a new computer (license): I am going to build a new computer and I am wondering if the license would keep working when I just switch out the OS drive to a new computer. It is a retail license, not OEM if that would make a difference. I also attached the license to my Microsoft account. Thank you!...
  7. moving files to a new computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    moving files to a new computer: I have a six-year-old computer running Windows 10 and want to move all my files from it to a new computer also running Windows 10. What's the best/easiest way to do it?...
  8. Transfer of files and settings to a new computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transfer of files and settings to a new computer: I recently bought a computer that has a defect. I spend time doing the configuration. Now I need to get a new computer. How can I move to a new computer keeping all my data and preferences. For example, I used Photos Microsoft 2018.18071.15310.1000, to recognize my family...
  9. Moving Moneypoint to a new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving Moneypoint to a new computer: I am trying to move MoneyPoint from one computer to a new computer. What process should I use? I assume that I should first install the program on the new computer, but then I cannot determine which files need to be copied across to maintain all of the existing information....
  10. Moving W10 to a new computer

Moving W10 to a new computer: Hi all, I'm about to purchase a new PC desktop computer for photo editing, general MS Office and web surfing. I already have an SSD boot drive with W10 Pro x64 installed and activated and a bootable USB stick. The hardware of the new PC will be completely different to the...