Windows 10: MOVING SSD TO A NEW PC

Discus and support MOVING SSD TO A NEW PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am getting an Intel bare bones NUC. I want to simply take my SSD out of my old PC and install it in the new one, and hopefully boot up. I do have my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Trm47, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Trm47 Win User

MOVING SSD TO A NEW PC

I am getting an Intel bare bones NUC. I want to simply take my SSD out of my old PC and install it in the new one, and hopefully boot up. I do have my Windows 10 license activated and associated with my Microsoft account. Will I be able to make this change successfully, and only have to verify that I have moved Windows to a new device?

:)

Trm47, Apr 29, 2020

2. Move SSD (with windows 10) from old to new desktop

Hello Greg,

I may try your suggestion of moving the SSD and buying a new windows 10 license. I also marked question answered in your first post.

In hindsight, I should have not upgraded to W10 and saved $139. Then built the new PC & bought a new W10 license.

Rajesh

Rajesh_rpv, Apr 29, 2020
  3. KyleAuga Win User
    Moving SSDs to New PC Build Windows 10

I have two SSDs, one of which holds my windows 10 OS. I bought all new parts (except GPU) so I am moving my SSDs and GPU into the new case with new mobo, ram, cpu, etc. Someone on these forums mentioned around March of 2016 that Windows 10 is much more
    adaptive than previous windows when moving to a new PC and that I can virtually plug and play the SSD into the new build and just reactive and do some clean up for the drivers. Will I really just be able to plug the SSD into the new PC? I completely expect
    to uninstall as many drivers as possible before I shift it all and also anticipate having to update or fix some bugs, re-enter the activation code, etc. But, for the most part, I can get it going again just by plugging it in? Would love if windows has gotten
    to a level that we can easily do this!

Thank you for your reply and time!

KyleAuga, Apr 29, 2020
  4. MOVING SSD TO A NEW PC

how to migrate only the OS to a new SSD

hi

i gust got a new SSD

and i want to move my OS and only my OS over to it

so that i can boot from it.

if any one can give me a step by step guide to it that would be grate

some PC info

i have windows 10 64bit

the SSD is 120GB

mrhexeberg, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

MOVING SSD TO A NEW PC

1. MOVING SSD TO A NEW PC - Similar Threads - MOVING SSD

2. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade: Dear Team,I have my SSD with windows 10 installed on it and due to old computer setup it's not able to upgrade to windows 11.I've brought a new computer and still want to still using my old SSD and keep all my file and outlook.Is that anyways I could just plug and select the...
  3. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade: Dear Team,I have my SSD with windows 10 installed on it and due to old computer setup it's not able to upgrade to windows 11.I've brought a new computer and still want to still using my old SSD and keep all my file and outlook.Is that anyways I could just plug and select the...
  4. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I built a new pc and didn't have my digital key linked when i move my ssd

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I built a new pc and didn't have my digital key linked when i move my ssd: So my key came from upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I didn't realize I had not linked my account and of course didn't stop to check. I move my ssd from my old computer to my new one and it brought up activating it and i found out that i had not linked it to my...
  6. I built a new pc and didn't have my digital key linked when i move my ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I built a new pc and didn't have my digital key linked when i move my ssd: So my key came from upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I didn't realize I had not linked my account and of course didn't stop to check. I move my ssd from my old computer to my new one and it brought up activating it and i found out that i had not linked it to my...
  7. I built a new pc and didn't have my digital key linked when i move my ssd

8. How do i move a old windows to a external SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do i move a old windows to a external SSD: How do i move a old windows to a external SSD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-a-old-windows-to-a-external-ssd/86f5cb8f-03a2-4ffc-bf9f-9e2e29678a40
  9. How do i move a old windows to a external SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i move a old windows to a external SSD: How do i move a old windows to a external SSD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-a-old-windows-to-a-external-ssd/86f5cb8f-03a2-4ffc-bf9f-9e2e29678a40
  10. How do i move a old windows to a external SSD