Windows 10: Moving SSD to new laptop without reinstalling?

Discus and support Moving SSD to new laptop without reinstalling? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Both laptops have valid windows 10 licenses. One is old as balls and had a SSD breath new life into it but it still struggles, and the new one is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by FuturDreamz, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Moving SSD to new laptop without reinstalling?

Both laptops have valid windows 10 licenses. One is old as balls and had a SSD breath new life into it but it still struggles, and the new one is a decent system held back by a slow drive.

I'd like to avoid reinstalling all my apps and setting things up the way I like, so could I just put the SSD from the old laptop into the new one, let it download all of the drivers, and it will reactivate with the new license fine?

:)

FuturDreamz, Oct 18, 2019
  2. RemusNeo Win User

Reinstall or move C & Windows 10 to SSD?

Oh, thanks a lot, that helps! Moving SSD to new laptop without reinstalling? :D

Would you suggest doing that clean reinstall or just try and move C to the SSD with a program like easeUS?

RemusNeo, Oct 18, 2019
  3. Andre Da Costa, Oct 18, 2019
  4. Moving SSD to new laptop without reinstalling?

Reinstallation of Windows 10 on new SSD

I’ve purchased a new SSD and want to move the OS to the SSD. I also want to use my old TB hard
    drive as the backup. I wonder if I can get the upgrade to Windows 10 from Window 7 because I previously kept OS on my old TB drive.
    Is it possible not to reinstall the OS back onto the hard drive and then make a boot flash drive to reinstall the
    OS onto the SSD?

Paula Aragon, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

Moving SSD to new laptop without reinstalling?

1. Moving SSD to new laptop without reinstalling? - Similar Threads - Moving SSD laptop

2. moved files to new ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    moved files to new ssd: after moving files to a new ssd, when i try to open the files, they are there but it says i don't have permission to open them, i am the administrator on the computer...
  3. moved files to new ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    moved files to new ssd: after moving files to a new ssd, when i try to open the files, they are there but it says i don't have permission to open them, i am the administrator on the computer...
  4. Moving windows to a new ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving windows to a new ssd: Hi I want to move my windows to the new ssd that I installed on my pc because it is a faster and more space ssd m.2. How do I move it over and delete the old one from my old ssd...
  5. Moving to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving to a new SSD: I have a desktop PC with a 930GB hard drive only 220 GB used; it's working ok but for various reasons I'd like to get a SSD drive and move to it. My nearby PC service company says they can easily install the new disk, and upgrade from my current Windows 7 to Windows 10....
  6. Moving to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving to a new SSD: I have a desktop PC with a 930GB hard drive only 220 GB used; it's working ok but for various reasons I'd like to get a SSD drive and move to it. My nearby PC service company says they can easily install the new disk, and upgrade from my current Windows 7 to Windows 10....
  7. Need to move OS without moving games to a ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need to move OS without moving games to a ssd: I need to move the operating system from my hdd to my ssd but I don’t want to move any of my games as my ssd is only 500 gigs, so only windows 10 but I have no idea how to do it if anyone has an idea or has done it before than plz help me, my ssd is sata and already has some...
  8. Moving SSD to new computer.

Moving SSD to new computer.: I'am going to be upgrading my pc soon and want to use my current ssd in my computer. I'am going to use the "reset this pc" setting to get rid of all my files, apps, games, etc. I want to start a fresh wipe of windows on my new pc. What i want to know is can I do the windows...
  9. Moving OS to new SSD

Moving OS to new SSD: I have my Windows 10 OS installed in my old HDD. I recently put in a m.2 NVMe SSD in my PC and i’m wondering if I can clone my Windows 10 OS to my new SSD ONLY. I want to keep my pictures, videos and games in my HDD not move it anywhere. Is this possible? If so please tell me...
  10. Reinstall win 10 on a new ssd for my laptop without losing data.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall win 10 on a new ssd for my laptop without losing data.: Hey, my win 10 is running on a old HDD, an I would like to install it on my new SSD. How do I do that without losing data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-win-10-on-a-new-ssd-for-my-laptop/a1d622a4-2cd3-4579-8cca-9e911bfab703