Windows 10: Moving SSD windows 10 pro to a new motherboard

Discus and support Moving SSD windows 10 pro to a new motherboard in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Planning on upgrading CPu/GPU/RAM/motherboard but I hate reinstalling everything as my current set up of installed softwares are already optimal.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Used to be Windows phone, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Moving SSD windows 10 pro to a new motherboard

Planning on upgrading CPu/GPU/RAM/motherboard but I hate reinstalling everything as my current set up of installed softwares are already optimal.

Any way i can move my SSD with the OS to the new motherboard without reinstalling? Windows 10 pro wasn't preinstalled, it was a windows 7 pro disc install then upgraded to windows 10 pro as this is a gaming HTPC. 8 years old now

:)

Used to be Windows phone, Jan 2, 2020

2. Purchased Windows 10 pro retail version and want to move it to a new motherboard

Yes, a retail purchased license includes unlimited transfer rights. Its a full version and you can move to new motherboard without hindrance. Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Jguo65 Win User
    Activating Windows 10 with a digital license from a new SSD and new motherboard

Hi Dave,

Yes this is a retail version of windows 7 that I upgraded to windows 10. Since I'm moving to both a new motherboard and new SSD, I'd mostly just like confirmation that dissociating my digital license from my original hardware will allow me to associate it
    with my new hardware afterwards. Also, what are the specific steps to remove a digital license from Windows 10 in the first place? Does this need to be done by contacting official microsoft reps independently?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Jguo65, Jan 2, 2020
  4. Moving SSD windows 10 pro to a new motherboard

Moving a Windows 10 Pro license to a new computer

I have a Windows 10 Pro retail license (I bought it from the Microsoft Store website) and want to move it from an old computer to my new laptop but I'm getting an error about the license being used on another computer.

I moved my old SSD to the new Laptop and did a clean install so the old instalation has been 'deteted'. My old machne has a motherboard problem with the TPM.

How can I activate Windows 10 Pro on my new computer and will I have problems if I ever need to reinstall it on the new machine?

Thanks.

Roberto_Gomez, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

Moving SSD windows 10 pro to a new motherboard

1. Moving SSD windows 10 pro to a new motherboard - Similar Threads - Moving SSD pro

2. Can i move a sata ssd with windows 11 pro to a new motherboard that says it has windows 10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i move a sata ssd with windows 11 pro to a new motherboard that says it has windows 10...: I currently have a 256gb sata ssd with windows 11 pro boost drive, 1tb hdd with files that i can put in a usb and a m.2 ssd with games. I currently have a new motherboard coming and it says it has windows 10 on the motherboard description and i was wondering if me putting my...
  3. Can i move a sata ssd with windows 11 pro to a new motherboard that says it has windows 10...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can i move a sata ssd with windows 11 pro to a new motherboard that says it has windows 10...: I currently have a 256gb sata ssd with windows 11 pro boost drive, 1tb hdd with files that i can put in a usb and a m.2 ssd with games. I currently have a new motherboard coming and it says it has windows 10 on the motherboard description and i was wondering if me putting my...
  4. Moving Windows 10 to a new motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving Windows 10 to a new motherboard: Summary: Can I move the SSD with my Windows 10 OS OEM license which is digitally connected with my MS account to my new motherboard, and sign in with my MS account to reactivate my license?I would like to address the potential problem in advance, instead of risking having to...
  5. Moving Windows 10 to a new motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Windows 10 to a new motherboard: Summary: Can I move the SSD with my Windows 10 OS OEM license which is digitally connected with my MS account to my new motherboard, and sign in with my MS account to reactivate my license?I would like to address the potential problem in advance, instead of risking having to...
  6. Moving Windows 10 to a new motherboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Moving windows 10 to new SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Moving windows 10 to new SSD: Hello! I recently bought a new Samsung 1 TB SSD for my computer, mainly for more storage but also for a faster boot up. I want to move my OS, windows 10, from my current 500GB SSD to my new 1TB SSD. I still have the orginal Windows 10 USB Flash AND the key code provided to me...
  8. Windows 10 Pro - new motherboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro - new motherboard: I have just ordered a new PC with Windows 10 Pro - it was a custom build. This arrived in January. I have realised that I have bought an inappropriate motherboard for the processor I got. It is not faulty - I just stupidly chose a cheap model. I would now like to change it....
  9. Moving Windows 10 to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Customization
    Moving Windows 10 to a new SSD: Hello. Yesterday I purchased a brand new Samsung M.2 SSD, after installing and formatting it, I realized that I needed to move my install of Windows10 to it. I was looking for answers on here and the only post I could find with the same topic was one from 2017....
  10. Moving Windows 10 to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Windows 10 to a new SSD: So I am looking to upgrade a vast majority of the parts in my computer, GPU, CPU, motherboard etc. It will basically be a new system with the exception to the HDD I will still be using alongside a new SSD. When reading up on how to transfer my copy of Windows 10 to my new SDD...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to move windows 10 pro ssd to a new motherboard