Windows 10: Moving SSD with Windows 10 from old pc to new pc

Discus and support Moving SSD with Windows 10 from old pc to new pc in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone! I have an SSD with Windows 10 on it in my old computer and I'm now building a new computer. If I move the SSD from the old pc to the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/undertheburningsky, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Moving SSD with Windows 10 from old pc to new pc

Hi everyone! I have an SSD with Windows 10 on it in my old computer and I'm now building a new computer. If I move the SSD from the old pc to the new one, what kind of magic should I do in order to make Windows 10 work on the new set up? I hope I explained it decently.

submitted by /u/undertheburningsky
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/undertheburningsky, Jan 14, 2021
  2. Trm47 Win User

MOVING SSD TO A NEW PC

I am getting an Intel bare bones NUC. I want to simply take my SSD out of my old PC and install it in the new one, and hopefully boot up. I do have my Windows 10 license activated and associated with my Microsoft account. Will I be able to make this
    change successfully, and only have to verify that I have moved Windows to a new device?

Trm47, Jan 14, 2021
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Moving SSD with Windows 10 from old pc to new pc

Moving Windows 10 from one SSD in my PC to another in the same PC?

I just built a new PC with Windows 10 Pro running from my old SSD. How do I move my Windows install from the old SSD (where it is running now), to the new M.2 SSD I just installed in the same PC?

BillPalmer1, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Moving SSD with Windows 10 from old pc to new pc

1. Moving SSD with Windows 10 from old pc to new pc - Similar Threads - Moving SSD old

2. Moving from old PC with Win10 to new PC with Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving from old PC with Win10 to new PC with Win11: I bought Windows 10 Home in in 2017 on Microsoft Store. When Windows 11 came around, it told me that my PC doesn't meet the requirements. Finally I have built a new PC and installed Windows 11. I want to deactivate Windows 10 on my old PC and activate Windows 11 to my new...
  3. Moving from old PC with Win10 to new PC with Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving from old PC with Win10 to new PC with Win11: I bought Windows 10 Home in in 2017 on Microsoft Store. When Windows 11 came around, it told me that my PC doesn't meet the requirements. Finally I have built a new PC and installed Windows 11. I want to deactivate Windows 10 on my old PC and activate Windows 11 to my new...
  4. SSD Moved from old to new PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    SSD Moved from old to new PC: Hello, I recently built a new computer and moved my SSD that contained my windows install from the old to the new computer. Everything boots fine, but I'm getting the notifications that my copy of windows is not genuine and that I need to provide a windows key. I never had to...
  5. Moving Fonts from OLD PC to NEW

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Fonts from OLD PC to NEW: Hiya, I have a new PC and want all the additional fonts I added to my old PC. How does one... do that? https://www.techwalla.com/articles/h...ter-to-another That article provides a method. But it implies you must pick and choose which you want to move. I want to skip that...
  6. Move windows from old SSD to new.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move windows from old SSD to new.: I have bought a new SSD and I want my windows located in it. I have 2 SSD's in my pc and I want to swap my small one for the new. The thing is I have windows in the small one and the other SSD cannot fit windows, so I don't know how to move windows to an SSD that is not...
  7. MOVING SSD TO A NEW PC

MOVING SSD TO A NEW PC: I am getting an Intel bare bones NUC. I want to simply take my SSD out of my old PC and install it in the new one, and hopefully boot up. I do have my Windows 10 license activated and associated with my Microsoft account. Will I be able to make this change successfully, and...
  8. Moving from win7/old pc to win10/new pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving from win7/old pc to win10/new pc: I have a newly built pc on which I will install Win 10. My old pc has Win 7 installed. I plan to have the new pc boot UEFI. The old pc is legacy boot (non-UEFI). Q1. Will I be able to just put the old HDDs in the new pc as storage and transfer files (photos, music,...
  9. moving windows license from old pc to new pc

moving windows license from old pc to new pc: Hi, I purchased a dell PC (not windows 10 pro), and then updated it Windows 10 pro. I queried the machine to get my activation code I uninstalled the windows license from the dell, with success, How do I upgrade my surface pro 6 (just purchased) from windows home to that...
  10. Moving Win 10 from an old PC to a new one?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Win 10 from an old PC to a new one?: My current PC is about 10 years old; I have just had to change the hard drive so I think the PC will die soon. It is running Win 10 but I am not sure if it will last much longer. I have been offered a second hand PC which is newer and has a much faster chip; if I switch...