Windows 10: Moving SSD with Windows 10 installed to a new build?

Discus and support Moving SSD with Windows 10 installed to a new build? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Planning on building a new PC fairly soon once the RTX 3080 releases. Probably going to replace everything in my current build with the exception of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BadInternetGuyQQ, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Moving SSD with Windows 10 installed to a new build?

Planning on building a new PC fairly soon once the RTX 3080 releases. Probably going to replace everything in my current build with the exception of my three hard drives, one of which is an SSD with Windows installed on it. Is it possible to simply move the SSD to the new build and have it boot? Or do I need to do a fresh install of Windows on the new machine? If so, how do I go about removing windows from the SSD without losing all of my data?

Thanks in advance!

:)

BadInternetGuyQQ, Sep 5, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Sep 5, 2020
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Moving SSD with Windows 10 installed to a new build?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Moving SSD with Windows 10 installed to a new build?

1. Moving SSD with Windows 10 installed to a new build? - Similar Threads - Moving SSD installed

2. Move Windows 10 from an SSD to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move Windows 10 from an SSD to a new SSD: My C: drive is a 500GB SSD with Windows 10 and several other programs and games, including FSX Steam and tons of 3rd party airplanes, airports and scenery. It is getting full. I want to buy a new SSD to hold only Windows 10 leaving all the other programs and games on the...
  3. Move Windows Installation to New SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move Windows Installation to New SSD?: Hey all,I'd like to move my Windows 10 installation to a solid state drive I just got. How can I do this while keeping all my user data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-windows-installation-to-new-ssd/20ba14cd-b13e-414c-9081-ba9868e8e29a
  4. Move Windows Installation to New SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move Windows Installation to New SSD?: Hey all,I'd like to move my Windows 10 installation to a solid state drive I just got. How can I do this while keeping all my user data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-windows-installation-to-new-ssd/20ba14cd-b13e-414c-9081-ba9868e8e29a
  5. Move Windows Installation to New SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Moving windows 10 to new SSD

Moving windows 10 to new SSD: Hello! I recently bought a new Samsung 1 TB SSD for my computer, mainly for more storage but also for a faster boot up. I want to move my OS, windows 10, from my current 500GB SSD to my new 1TB SSD. I still have the orginal Windows 10 USB Flash AND the key code provided to me...
  7. Moving windows 10 to new SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Moving windows 10 to new SSD: Hello! I recently bought a new Samsung 1 TB SSD for my computer, mainly for more storage but also for a faster boot up. I want to move my OS, windows 10, from my current 500GB SSD to my new 1TB SSD. I still have the orginal Windows 10 USB Flash AND the key code provided to me...
  8. Moving Windows 10 to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Customization
    Moving Windows 10 to a new SSD: Hello. Yesterday I purchased a brand new Samsung M.2 SSD, after installing and formatting it, I realized that I needed to move my install of Windows10 to it. I was looking for answers on here and the only post I could find with the same topic was one from 2017....
  9. Moving Windows 10 to a new build

Moving Windows 10 to a new build: Hey guys; I'm planning a new build this year, and would like to save some money by moving my Windows 10 Pro license to the new build. My old machine will not be running Windows after the new build. My current Windows 10 Pro license is the free upgrade from Windows 7...
  10. Moving Windows 10 to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Windows 10 to a new SSD: So I am looking to upgrade a vast majority of the parts in my computer, GPU, CPU, motherboard etc. It will basically be a new system with the exception to the HDD I will still be using alongside a new SSD. When reading up on how to transfer my copy of Windows 10 to my new SDD...