Windows 10: Moving SSD with windows 10

Discus and support Moving SSD with windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I currently have a PC with an SSD with windows 10 installed on it. I want to move that SSD to new PC that has Windows 10 key already tied to it and use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by OnlyGuy, Nov 23, 2020.

1. OnlyGuy Win User

Moving SSD with windows 10

I currently have a PC with an SSD with windows 10 installed on it. I want to move that SSD to new PC that has Windows 10 key already tied to it and use it as a boot drive. Will the Windows activation automatically switch over? Or would I need to wipe that SSD and reinstall Windows on it after I move it to the new PC?

:)

OnlyGuy, Nov 23, 2020

2. Move Windows 10 from installed hdd to installed ssd

If you want to move it from hard disk, system image or cloning would be your options:

Choose system image if the SSD is equal in size or larger than hard disk:

Choose cloning if its not:

How to Clone or Move Your Windows 10 Installation to a Larger Hard Disk or SSD

OR

You can remove the hard disk, reinstall Windows 10 directly to SSD, reattach the hard drive and format it.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 23, 2020
  4. hellrazor Win User

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Moving SSD with windows 10 - Similar Threads - Moving SSD

2. SSD contents mostly empty when moved to new PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD contents mostly empty when moved to new PC: I am trying to move contents from an old PC with windows 10 to a new PC with windows 11. What I've done is connect a new SSD to the old PC so I can directly copy all of the files. The operation appears to finish without any issues. And when I right click properties of the...
  3. SSD contents mostly empty when moved to new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD contents mostly empty when moved to new PC: I am trying to move contents from an old PC with windows 10 to a new PC with windows 11. What I've done is connect a new SSD to the old PC so I can directly copy all of the files. The operation appears to finish without any issues. And when I right click properties of the...
  4. SSD contents mostly empty when moved to new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I move my windows 10 to my new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I move my windows 10 to my new SSD: I have a hard drive that currently has Windows 10 installed on it. Recently, I got an SSD to upgrade the boot speeds. How do I go about updating it?...
  6. How do I move my windows 10 to my new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move my windows 10 to my new SSD: I have a hard drive that currently has Windows 10 installed on it. Recently, I got an SSD to upgrade the boot speeds. How do I go about updating it?...
  7. How do I move my windows 10 to my new SSD

8. How do i move my windows along all its files from the ssd it is on to another ssd?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i move my windows along all its files from the ssd it is on to another ssd?: I recently upgraded my pc along with a bigger M.2 ssd and i just cant move my windows.These are my drives. ignore local disk D i initially had windows on local disk E and moved it manually CTRL+C, CTRL+V basically to the actual disk, C. now i want to do the same with Local...
  9. How do i move my windows along all its files from the ssd it is on to another ssd?

How do i move my windows along all its files from the ssd it is on to another ssd?: I recently upgraded my pc along with a bigger M.2 ssd and i just cant move my windows.These are my drives. ignore local disk D i initially had windows on local disk E and moved it manually CTRL+C, CTRL+V basically to the actual disk, C. now i want to do the same with Local...
  10. How do i move my windows along all its files from the ssd it is on to another ssd?

in Windows 10 Gaming