Windows 10: Moving Taskbar to side moves all desktop icons. How to prevent that?

Discus and support Moving Taskbar to side moves all desktop icons. How to prevent that? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I move the taskbar from the bottom to the right, because it helps me when trying to code vs playing a video game in windowed fullscreen. Normally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Red7Silence, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Moving Taskbar to side moves all desktop icons. How to prevent that?

So I move the taskbar from the bottom to the right, because it helps me when trying to code vs playing a video game in windowed fullscreen. Normally the moved desktop icons wouldn't annoy me, because I could move the taskbar back to get them to be in the right place.

However, not sure why now, but when I move the taskbar back, it just resets all the icons to the top left corner. No matter what I do, if I move the taskbar, it'll reset the desktop icons. I even tried some desktop icon locking software, and it still didn't work. It worked that I couldn't move the icons, but for some reason moving the taskbar can.

:)

Red7Silence, Mar 9, 2019
  2. KomouPoji Win User

Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar. Cannot make it “stick” to the taskbar

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• When you say “Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar”, you mean pin the excel workbook to the task bar?
    • what exactly when you try to stick the excel file to the taskbar?
    If you are trying to pin the excel workbook to the taskbar.

Follow the steps below.

• Click on the start menu, select the icon and right-click on the icon.

• From the list, select pin it to taskbar or pin it to start.
    Also, you can drag the icon from the desktop and drop on the task bar.

I hope the information is helpful and if the issue still persists, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Mar 9, 2019
  3. qubit Win User
    Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

That's because your resolution is changing each time. To test, try setting to 1024x768, arrange a couple of icons and then restart the PC. As long as the resolution after startup is still 1024x768, then the icons won't move. Trust me. *Wink Moving Taskbar to side moves all desktop icons. How to prevent that? ;)

qubit, Mar 9, 2019
  4. Moving Taskbar to side moves all desktop icons. How to prevent that?

Move Icon to Taskbar?

How can I move a desktop icon to the taskbar in Windows 10

norcal3535, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

Moving Taskbar to side moves all desktop icons. How to prevent that?

1. Moving Taskbar to side moves all desktop icons. How to prevent that? - Similar Threads - Moving Taskbar side

2. How to prevent the desktop icons from moving

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent the desktop icons from moving: Hello- Windows 11 Lenovo 14 inch laptop Many people have asked this question and are getting the wrong answer. Desktop Icons scatter when moving laptop to different monitor. The solutions that have been offered are not a fix. The instruction to right-click the blank spot on...
  3. How to prevent the desktop icons from moving

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent the desktop icons from moving: Hello- Windows 11 Lenovo 14 inch laptop Many people have asked this question and are getting the wrong answer. Desktop Icons scatter when moving laptop to different monitor. The solutions that have been offered are not a fix. The instruction to right-click the blank spot on...
  4. how to rearrange ICONs on the taskbar, NOT move the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to rearrange ICONs on the taskbar, NOT move the taskbar: Taskbar icons are rearranged by Windows monthly updates. I had them in the alignment I wished. I find instructions only for moving the taskbar, which I want to keep on the bottom where it has always been. I wish just to rearrange the icons as we can do with desktop tile...
  5. how to rearrange ICONs on the taskbar, NOT move the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to rearrange ICONs on the taskbar, NOT move the taskbar: Taskbar icons are rearranged by Windows monthly updates. I had them in the alignment I wished. I find instructions only for moving the taskbar, which I want to keep on the bottom where it has always been. I wish just to rearrange the icons as we can do with desktop tile...
  6. move a Icon from taskbar to desktop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    move a Icon from taskbar to desktop: Move a Icon from taskbar and pace it on my desktop . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-a-icon-from-taskbar-to-desktop/968a7476-d68c-440f-afad-e6b6658e21ce
  7. Moving icons on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving icons on Taskbar: So, just recently I've noticed that Windows keeps moving my open taskbar icons to the right-hand end of the queue without any input from me. Foe example, if I open a video in Opera, with the icon to the left of a group of icons, go to full-screen, and then go back to...
  8. Icons moving from right side of desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons moving from right side of desktop: [ATTACH] Hi, maybe someone had the same issue as me. Since Windows XP I always had my trash on the right bottom corner of the destkop. And everytime I move some icon to the right side, after restart it moves to the left (as you can see in the picture, my trash is moved...
  9. Making pinned icons on the taskbar move the desired side

in Windows 10 Customization
    Making pinned icons on the taskbar move the desired side: Hi, I wanted to know if there's a possibility to install some software or change values in either group policy editor, registry editor or PowerShell/cmd to change the position of scaled icons (which are pinned to the taskbar to one way) and not scaled icons (which are visible...
  10. Move an Icon from the Taskbar to the Desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Move an Icon from the Taskbar to the Desktop?: Is there a way to make W10 move an Icon from the Taskbar to the Desktop? I could do this in W8.1 although I was using Start8. This has become a minor issue with W10 since when I install an update to a program (reinstall a newer version) the "old" Icon in the Taskbar...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. annoying task bar moving to the side

2. move icon in top apps

3. move desktop to side

4. move icons to side taskbar,
  5. desktop icons moved to the side,
  6. how to move programs in windows taskbar,
  7. move taskbar to side windows 10,
  8. i cant see to move the icons on the bottom taskbar to the left side just side to side,
  9. how to move task icons to side of desktop,
  10. move an app from taskbar to desktop,
  11. move icons to desktop,
  12. how to move icons from taskbar to desktop,
  13. move icons from taskbar to desktop