Windows 10: Moving the cursor causes a BSOD - Windows 10

Discus and support Moving the cursor causes a BSOD - Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had an old version of Windows 10 installed on my laptop and a week ago win32kbase.sys started causing an immediate PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREAS BSOD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ProgramFiles_x86, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Moving the cursor causes a BSOD - Windows 10

I had an old version of Windows 10 installed on my laptop and a week ago win32kbase.sys started causing an immediate PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREAS BSOD every time I moved the cursor with the mouse or keyboard, or with the keyboard only from the login screen (since moving the cursor with the mouse within the login screen didn't cause any BSOD).

I totally formatted the drive and installed the latest (Oct. 2018) version of Windows 10, but after a few days it happened again.

So I tried reinstalling it from the repair tool (Windows PE) but other than reinstalling Windows 10 it didn't change anything and the problem was still there, but I noticed that I could move the cursor with the mouse while the initialization screen was shown.

Now I installed Windows 10 again, but when the problem occurs, the only way to use Windows is to use the keyboard for everything.

Other than the latest Windows 10 updates, which I tried to avoid installing using the "Hide or show updates" Microsoft's tool but failing, I know exactly what third party drivers I installed lately or at least the programs I installed lately.
    Do you have any idea of what could be causing this problem? Because having to reinstall Windows 10 and all the third party programs every few days is annoying.

:)

ProgramFiles_x86, Dec 15, 2018

2. Windows 10 File Explorer - the cursor continually moves back to the top of the list

Original title: Windows 10 File Explorer

When scrolling through a list of files in Explorer, the cursor continually moves back to the top of the list. Also when I try to rename a file the cursor moves back to the top of the list during this process.

RobertEades, Dec 15, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 15, 2018
  4. hellrazor Win User

Moving the cursor causes a BSOD - Windows 10

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

Moving the cursor causes a BSOD - Windows 10

1. Moving the cursor causes a BSOD - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Moving cursor causes

2. Cursor not moving.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor not moving.: No matter what I try my cursor of my computer will not move. I have tried 4 different mouse‘s. From wireless to gaming and plug in ones. I also tried holding the start key and moving with arrows. Also this computer is still on Windows 7. But I cannot do anything because it...
  3. Cursor not moving.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor not moving.: No matter what I try my cursor of my computer will not move. I have tried 4 different mouse‘s. From wireless to gaming and plug in ones. I also tried holding the start key and moving with arrows. Also this computer is still on Windows 7. But I cannot do anything because it...
  4. Cursor are moving automatically in Taskbar of Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor are moving automatically in Taskbar of Windows 10.: Hi All,I am using Windows 10 Professional Operating System. The issue is that cursor are moving in the Task bar automatically and at that time ,I am not able to control the cursor.Suddenly, it is happening and i don't know what is the root cause of this issue.Looking forward...
  5. Recent Windows download causing cursor to move out of control

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recent Windows download causing cursor to move out of control: Immediately after a Windows update download, I rebotted, and ever since then my cursor/mouse has been moving on its own zooming in/out and shaking randomly. Any idea how to fix this? submitted by /u/GhostGlacier [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows 10 freezes randomly but cursor moves

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes randomly but cursor moves: I'm running Windows 10 Home on my laptop and sometimes it freezes randomly but the cursor works and windows media player keeps playing music but everything else is unresponsive. It's been happening for about 5 months now. A quick restart fixes it, but after a few days it...
  7. Windows 10 freezes randomly but cursor moves

Windows 10 freezes randomly but cursor moves: I'm running Windows 10 Home on my laptop and sometimes it freezes randomly but the cursor works and windows media player keeps playing music but everything else is unresponsive. It's been happening for about 4 months now. A quick restart fixes it, but after a few days it...
  8. Windows 10 Cursor moving on its own.

Windows 10 Cursor moving on its own.: Recently, somehow my cursor has started to move on its own, it’s not going ina select direction. Ut moves sparstically on my screen making it almost impossible to use it. Even if my Mouse is unplugged, it still happens. I’ve run multiple virus scans and they don’t pick up...
  9. cursor not moving

cursor not moving: on my computer the cursor is not moving right when I get on it it just stops moving or sometimes just jump around my screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-not-moving/d590b4f6-bc8d-4216-a64d-16a9dca3f07d
  10. Windows 10 bsod when moving mouse cursor

Windows 10 bsod when moving mouse cursor: I just updated my pc last night where it had to restart several times, now when I sign in, and move the cursor, my pc instantly blue screens with this error. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA What failed: win32kbase.sys Please help me with this ASAP! Never had a problem...