Windows 10: Moving the Start Menu

Discus and support Moving the Start Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Can anyone out there help this old man PLEASE? For some reason my Start Menu has moved to the desktop from the left side, How do I move it bac k?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Gord Boddy, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Moving the Start Menu

Can anyone out there help this old man PLEASE? For some reason my Start Menu has moved to the desktop from the left side, How do I move it bac k?

:)

Gord Boddy, Nov 21, 2019

2. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Nov 28, 2019
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Moving the Start Menu

Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

Moving the Start Menu

1. Moving the Start Menu - Similar Threads - Moving Start Menu

2. My start menue apps have moved.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My start menue apps have moved.: When I hit my start button bottom left all my apps have now moved to the center of the page. Any ideas? Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-start-menue-apps-have-moved/c0b44c53-bdc6-45a3-8ba3-7a3ff2c12649
  3. My start menue apps have moved.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My start menue apps have moved.: When I hit my start button bottom left all my apps have now moved to the center of the page. Any ideas? Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-start-menue-apps-have-moved/c0b44c53-bdc6-45a3-8ba3-7a3ff2c12649
  4. My start menue apps have moved.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Is there any way to move the Start menu to the center?

Is there any way to move the Start menu to the center?: Hello, is there any way to move the start menu to the center? My PC isn't compatible with Windows 11, as it doesn't have a TPM, so I got a theme but only the start button has moved. So, is there any way to move the start menu to the center? I'm on Windows 10 Pro, if that...
  6. Older Executable -- how to move to Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Older Executable -- how to move to Start Menu: I came across an older executable that seems to run fine on WinX so I'd like to put it onto the Start Menu but I can't figure out how to do that. Can you help? 10.0.19042 176677
  7. Cannot move start menu tiles

Cannot move start menu tiles: I cannot move the tiles on the start menu. As soon as I try to click and drag one it immediately disapears, only to reappear in the original location when I reboot. Everything else seems to work with them, I can pin new apps (although I haven't worked out how to get them in...
  8. Cannot move start menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot move start menu tiles: I cannot move/rearrange start menu tiles. when I click to select a tile, it immediately opens the application and closes the menu. I am running Win 10 v1703 93199
  9. Move entire Start Menu to different monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Move entire Start Menu to different monitor: I have a dual monitor setup and all of a sudden, when I open the Start Menu, it appears on the second monitor. How do I move it back to the primary monitor. I am using Display Fusion to manage my monitors 57695
  10. Moving tiles to start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving tiles to start menu: Is it possible to move a tile to the taskbar or the start menu. 27437