Windows 10: Moving the video folder to This PC

Discus and support Moving the video folder to This PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It may sound like a dumb/unusual question. The OS (Windows 10) is in drive C:\ being a 128GB SSD, and all standard links links are in "This PC".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NVFOX, Nov 13, 2019.

1. NVFOX Win User

Moving the video folder to This PC

It may sound like a dumb/unusual question. The OS (Windows 10) is in drive C:\ being a 128GB SSD, and all standard links links are in "This PC". However, some of these links point into drive C:\users\myname\..... , some point to drive D:\ like Pictures. Works perfectly. However, the folder Videos being also in drive D:\ shows up in "This PC" as D:\ with the video icon. Opening it shows all folders in drive D:\. I hope I explained it correctly and understandingly.

What I want is only the folder Videos in This PC as a link. I tried various methods to change/correct this, unfortunately w/o succes. I searched the net for advice, but cannot find anything. Therefore my question: how to establish this link in "This PC"? One thing is clear, I have to remove the present situation to establish the normal simple link.

:)

NVFOX, Nov 13, 2019

2. Moving to Folders

Hello Krishnan,

Let's work on this. You can follow the steps provided below to help move photos and videos on a new folder:

• Swipe left and select File Explorer app.
    • Choose the folder where the photos and videos are saved.
    • Select the items you want to move.
    • Press the Move button.
    • You can create a New folder by pressing the Ellipsis (. . .) button or you can press the
      Up button located at the right side corner of the screen to move the items to an existing folder.
    • Tap Check or Done button when finished.

We're here if you need further assistance.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Nov 13, 2019
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. Moving the video folder to This PC

Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

Moving the video folder to This PC

1. Moving the video folder to This PC - Similar Threads - Moving video folder

2. moving folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    moving folders: This is no doubt an easy, perhaps even stupid, question. I want to move a very large folder pictures from the small C drive on my computer to the D drive, which is much larger. With windows 10 and previous iterations of windows, this was easy; there was an option on the...
  3. Moved Videos To A Random Folder,

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moved Videos To A Random Folder,: So today i moved the videos folder to a random folder i made, then i clicked on the videos and guess what.all my videos were gone, well i can magicly view my scrn shots in the photos app well no **** i guess but yeah, even if i put the videos folder back to videos if that...
  4. Moved video folder to a different drive problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Moved video folder to a different drive problems: Moved the video folder to a different drive Windows 10 20H2 I moved music folder, documents folder, downloads as the tutorial on here and it worked as expected I then moved the videos folder in the same way that worked but when I reboot I get a folder in the frequent...
  5. Move Window Videos folder to a child folder on same drive

Move Window Videos folder to a child folder on same drive: I move my Windows Videos folder to another drive but mistakenly thought Windows would create the Videos folder on that drive. So now all the videos are in the root directory. When I try to do the move process on that root directory to a folder I created on the drive it tells...
  6. moving videos to photo

moving videos to photo: Hello, How do I move my videos from movies and videos to photos so I can edit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-videos-to-photo/715e81ad-09b1-4c55-a7d3-250e17cb3b0d"
  7. Videos Folder under This PC

Videos Folder under This PC: I’ve redirected the Videos folder under this PC in file explorer, yet some App or setting keeps creating the folder in the default location including a sub folder “Caotures”- I changed the windows 10 Xbox capture folder location, still happening. Any ideas?...
  8. [HELP] Wanting to move video files into a master directory/folder

in Windows 10 Support
    [HELP] Wanting to move video files into a master directory/folder: I have 1000 videos that are all inside directories. Ex. 13212/video1.avi, 34234/video2.avi, 79443/video3.avi, etc I have over 1000 videos that are individually inside it's own random folder name. I would like to know if Windows 10 has any features or command line...
  9. Move Location of Videos Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Move Location of Videos Folder in Windows 10: How to: Move Location of Videos Folder in Windows 10 How to Move Your Videos Folder Location in Windows 10 By default, Windows stores your personal Videos folder in your account's %UserProfile% folder (ex: "C:\Users\Brink"). You can change where files in this Videos...
  10. This PC, Pictures and Video Folder issue

in Windows 10 Support
    This PC, Pictures and Video Folder issue: I have recently looked at the folders in "This PC" where you have pictures, music, , documents, etc. The label for both the Video folder and Picture folder is both "Pictures". The location in properties show both linked to the physical pictures location on my drive...