Windows 10: Moving to a new account on same laptop

Discus and support Moving to a new account on same laptop in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm getting divorced and share a Microsoft account with my ex. I want to make sure that we have secure networks. How do I move my laptop Windows 10 to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Gery and AnneJuleff, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Moving to a new account on same laptop

I'm getting divorced and share a Microsoft account with my ex. I want to make sure that we have secure networks. How do I move my laptop Windows 10 to a new account which cannot be accessed by my ex?

:)

Gery and AnneJuleff, Mar 3, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Changing administrator for new windows 10 laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To change the Account type follow the steps.

• Press Windows + X, click on User Accounts.

• Click on change your account type.

• Select standard account.

To delete the account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Select the user account.

• Click on Delete the account.

To create the new user account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Click on Add A new user in PC setting.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Mar 3, 2021
  4. asus2016 Win User

Moving to a new account on same laptop

Moved to 2004; Microsoft and Office accounts are goofed up

And when I uninstalled it yesterday, it was 2.0 that day too. Having never heard of TPM until this debacle began, I don't know what version I'd had, pre-2004.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, everything looked good yesterday, but today, back to the same old stuff.

I deliberately waited about two minutes after signing in to my PC (it's an HP laptop, HP ProBook 450 G5 15.6" LCD Notebook - Intel Core i5 (8th Gen) i5-8250U Quad-core (4 Core) 1.60 GHz - 8 GB DDR4 SDRAM - 256 GB SSD). About 75 seconds in, the Microsoft account problem, and invitation to fix, popped up:

Moving to a new account on same laptop [​IMG]

When I did that - going from memory; didn't document as well today - I got the "work or school" account warning:

Logged into that, and then the same thing that popped up on top of my Excel yesterday popped onto the screen, although this time I'd not started anything - no Office, no Browser. Just in Windows, on my desktop, with no software running that I'd started.

So I took care of that via this (unchecking the allow to manage my device box):

And then everything was right. Probably took less than two minutes to bull through.

But this is a silly exercise to perform each morning, when it was working right just a week ago.

Could my TPM somehow be messed up?

I read https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05792935 and How To Easily Update TPM 1.2 to 2.0 using HP TPM Configuration Utility (note that I already have TPM 2.0, and likely had it when the laptop was new).

Here's the TPM information from device security:

Maybe I'm barking in the wrong direction, but:

1. If TPM adjustment/tweaking is the way to go, what would be the suggested steps? Remember, I already removed TPM via device manager, and had it reinstalled on restart.
    2. If the problem is not TPM, then what step-by-step might be recommended?

asus2016, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Moving to a new account on same laptop

1. Moving to a new account on same laptop - Similar Threads - Moving account same

2. New User, Same Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New User, Same Microsoft Account: If you attempt to create a new user, it appears I can't use the same Microsoft Account twice. Is there any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-user-same-microsoft-account/2825a4de-0230-489a-b5b7-091db22015ed
  3. New User, Same Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New User, Same Microsoft Account: If you attempt to create a new user, it appears I can't use the same Microsoft Account twice. Is there any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-user-same-microsoft-account/2825a4de-0230-489a-b5b7-091db22015ed
  4. New user with same Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New user with same Microsoft Account: I have a PC on which i login with a Microsoft account.I feel this user profile ID corrupt.I am trying to create a new user on the computer with the same Microsoft Account.I am unable to do so, "This account is already on this computer,"The behaviour of the computer when i try...
  5. New user with same Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New user with same Microsoft Account: I have a PC on which i login with a Microsoft account.I feel this user profile ID corrupt.I am trying to create a new user on the computer with the same Microsoft Account.I am unable to do so, "This account is already on this computer,"The behaviour of the computer when i try...
  6. New user with same Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  7. New laptop added to same google account, All icons are white

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop added to same google account, All icons are white: Hi, So not very great with laptops,pc. New laptop for business was purchased. Signed in with all my current accounts on pc- google, microsoft etc etc. Now all my icons that i need are all white on my pc- i just redone them last night on the laptop as they were all white but...
  8. New Outlook Account with Same Computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Outlook Account with Same Computer: I no longer want to have my current outlook email on my windows 10 computer. I have a new outlook account I would like to use instead but I don't want to lose any of my data on my computer. I have a ton of music and pictures that I can't lose. Will anything happen if I remove...
  9. Move licence to a new laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Move licence to a new laptop: Hi, My old laptop has died and I want to know if the licence that was installed on the dead laptop is transferable to a new laptop. Is there a way to find out through my Microsoft account? This is what I see in my MS account: [ATTACH]...
  10. Move/copy-paste User Account data & docs to New User account same sys

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Move/copy-paste User Account data & docs to New User account same sys: Guys I have done this in the past but cannot recall how and don't want to botch. I had hoped Windows 10 corrected the "rename user account" function but nope. I renamed a User Account due to conflict on the LAN [same name, same spelling] and sure enough, now I have two...