Windows 10: Moving to a new computer (license)

Discus and support Moving to a new computer (license) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am going to build a new computer and I am wondering if the license would keep working when I just switch out the OS drive to a new computer. It is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GoudenEeuw, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Moving to a new computer (license)

I am going to build a new computer and I am wondering if the license would keep working when I just switch out the OS drive to a new computer. It is a retail license, not OEM if that would make a difference. I also attached the license to my Microsoft account.

Thank you!

submitted by /u/GoudenEeuw
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GoudenEeuw, Nov 8, 2019
  2. Andre Da Costa, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Andre Da Costa, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Moving to a new computer (license)

Moving existing Project license to new computer

I have a new computer and currently have 2013 Project on my existing surface pro. I no longer use that computer and would like to have my license moved to my new Surface Book. How to?

BartonBracy, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Moving to a new computer (license)

1. Moving to a new computer (license) - Similar Threads - Moving computer license

2. How to move digital license for windows 10 to new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to move digital license for windows 10 to new computer: I have a digital license that was purchased retail. It was purchased separately from the computer. It did not come with the computer. It was upgraded for free from windows 7. I now have a new computer. How can I move my digital license to the new computer?...
  3. Moving license from Win7 BOX to new computer with fresh Win10

Moving license from Win7 BOX to new computer with fresh Win10: Hi, Soon I want buy a new PC and install fresh Win 10. On old computer I have installed Win 10 which is from upgrade from Win 8 which is from upgrade from Win 7 Ultimate BOX. 1. How to deactivate license on old PC? With below command? slmgr /upk 2. Can I use key from Win...
  4. Move Windows Pro license to a new computer

Move Windows Pro license to a new computer: Is is possible to remove or disable Windows 10 PRO totally from one computer and install in a new computer with the original being dismantled and recycled? TedPaulat...
  5. Move Your Windows 10 License To A New Computer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Move Your Windows 10 License To A New Computer: Last Updated on April 24, 2019If you plan on switching to a new PC – depending upon the type of Windows 10 license you have installed – you might be able to transfer the Windows license to the new computer. New computers often come with a brand new OEM Win 10 license, but...
  6. Windows 10 pro license move to a new computer?

Windows 10 pro license move to a new computer?: In the past few years I upgraded my laptop (Windows 8.1) to Windows 10. Then I purchased windows 10 pro from Microsoft Store online and I successfully upgraded my Laptop to Windows 10 pro without product key attach. Can I get a product key or move my windows 10 pro license...
  7. moving files to a new computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    moving files to a new computer: I have a six-year-old computer running Windows 10 and want to move all my files from it to a new computer also running Windows 10. What's the best/easiest way to do it?...
  8. Transferring license to new computer

Transferring license to new computer: Activation is a popular topic, but perhaps my situation is slightly different from other situations. I have been using an HP XW4400, but when Windows 8 first became available in October of 2012 I performed a clean install. (This was the $40 offer for the Pro version.) When...
  9. New computer: transfer license

New computer: transfer license: My antique pc died today and I'm now working on a new HP Pavilion which came with Win 10 Home. I have a recent iso DVD of Win 10 Pro and plan on installing it. How can I transfer my license? 86181
  10. Moving W10 to a new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving W10 to a new computer: Hi all, I'm about to purchase a new PC desktop computer for photo editing, general MS Office and web surfing. I already have an SSD boot drive with W10 Pro x64 installed and activated and a bootable USB stick. The hardware of the new PC will be completely different to the...