Windows 10: Moving to a new computer (license)

Discus and support Moving to a new computer (license) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am going to build a new computer and I am wondering if the license would keep working when I just switch out the OS drive to a new computer. It is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GoudenEeuw, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Moving to a new computer (license)

I am going to build a new computer and I am wondering if the license would keep working when I just switch out the OS drive to a new computer. It is a retail license, not OEM if that would make a difference. I also attached the license to my Microsoft account.

Thank you!

submitted by /u/GoudenEeuw
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GoudenEeuw, Nov 8, 2019
  2. Andre Da Costa, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Andre Da Costa, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Moving to a new computer (license)

Moving existing Project license to new computer

I have a new computer and currently have 2013 Project on my existing surface pro. I no longer use that computer and would like to have my license moved to my new Surface Book. How to?

BartonBracy, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Moving to a new computer (license)

1. Moving to a new computer (license) - Similar Threads - Moving computer license

2. Moving Windows License to a new Motherboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving Windows License to a new Motherboard: Hello,I am going to be upgrading my motherboard this week, and I was hoping to clarify some things based off my searching around.What I have read is that OEM licenses can not be transferred. From what I understand OEM licenses are ones that come pre-installed with a computer...
  3. Moving Windows License to a new PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving Windows License to a new PC: Hello, Soon I will have a new PC which is custom built, so Windows will not be pre-activated. Is there any way I can transfer the license from my current PC to the new PC? I do not have a product key and I do not wish to re-purchase Windows 10 again unnecessarily....
  4. moving to a new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    moving to a new computer: My current desktop is on life support, if I buy a new desktop can I just pull the root drive from my dying machine , put it in the new one and expect everything including all the APPS to work ?...
  5. Moving OEM license to a new device

Moving OEM license to a new device: Hello I have a question about transferring OEM licenses. Well, 2 years ago I bought a laptop with Windows 10 Pro pre-installed on board. However, I am now assembling a new computer and would like to transfer the OEM license with the key to the new equipment, of course...
  6. Move to a new Computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move to a new Computer: What have people found to be the best way to transfer programs, files, data from one (operating) computer to a new one? Both are running Windows 10. Both will have OneDrive and Office 365....
  7. How to move digital license for windows 10 to new computer

How to move digital license for windows 10 to new computer: I have a digital license that was purchased retail. It was purchased separately from the computer. It did not come with the computer. It was upgraded for free from windows 7. I now have a new computer. How can I move my digital license to the new computer?...
  8. Move Windows Pro license to a new computer

Move Windows Pro license to a new computer: Is is possible to remove or disable Windows 10 PRO totally from one computer and install in a new computer with the original being dismantled and recycled? TedPaulat...
  9. Move Your Windows 10 License To A New Computer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Move Your Windows 10 License To A New Computer: Last Updated on April 24, 2019If you plan on switching to a new PC – depending upon the type of Windows 10 license you have installed – you might be able to transfer the Windows license to the new computer. New computers often come with a brand new OEM Win 10 license, but...
  10. Windows 10 pro license move to a new computer?

Windows 10 pro license move to a new computer?: In the past few years I upgraded my laptop (Windows 8.1) to Windows 10. Then I purchased windows 10 pro from Microsoft Store online and I successfully upgraded my Laptop to Windows 10 pro without product key attach. Can I get a product key or move my windows 10 pro license...