Windows 10: Moving to RAID 0 - INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

Discus and support Moving to RAID 0 - INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; One thing to avoid DO NOT install the Intel RST package for windows 8 (at the time of writing no intel rapid storage windows app exists for windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by awalt, Oct 7, 2015.

1. DjDemonD Win User

Moving to RAID 0 - INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

One thing to avoid DO NOT install the Intel RST package for windows 8 (at the time of writing no intel rapid storage windows app exists for windows 10), even if some sites/forums advise that you can under windows 10. You will get a bluescreen cannot boot, saying "attempt to write to readonly memory".

If you do this there is a solution.

Go onto another PC, download the latest windows 10 intel raid drivers.
    Download Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) RAID Driver

Unzip the driver and copy the contents onto a windows 10 USB recovery stick.
    Now boot from the recovery stick, open command line and manually copy the iastora.sys from the recovery stick to
    c:\windows\system32\drivers overwriting the windows 8 version you just foolishly installed.

Now reboot. You can now boot to safe mode (with networking is easier).
    Uninstall the intel RST app.
    Make sure the windows 10 version of iastora.sys is installed.

Reboot and your back in the game.

DjDemonD, Oct 6, 2016
  2. awalt Win User

Glad it worked for you!

awalt, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Moving to RAID 0 - INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

1. Moving to RAID 0 - INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE - Similar Threads - Moving RAID INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

2. Storage spaces raid 0

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage spaces raid 0: have 5 disks with 18TB so made a storage space of 81TB but only allowed to use 63 TB as NTFS. 64TB fails. whats wrong ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-spaces-raid-0/84616e8c-ac97-462e-8692-df76beb92272
  3. Storage spaces raid 0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage spaces raid 0: have 5 disks with 18TB so made a storage space of 81TB but only allowed to use 63 TB as NTFS. 64TB fails. whats wrong ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-spaces-raid-0/84616e8c-ac97-462e-8692-df76beb92272
  4. Move Boot Raid-0 to Single SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Boot Raid-0 to Single SSD: My Win11 boot is two 500GB M.2 drives mounted as a RAID-0 array not my original choice - and they're running out of room. I want to change the boot to a new single 1TB SSD drive. I have three other internal HDDs mounted additional volumes and two external HDDs for backup and...
  5. Move Boot Raid-0 to Single SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move Boot Raid-0 to Single SSD: My Win11 boot is two 500GB M.2 drives mounted as a RAID-0 array not my original choice - and they're running out of room. I want to change the boot to a new single 1TB SSD drive. I have three other internal HDDs mounted additional volumes and two external HDDs for backup and...
  6. Moving from raid 0 to non raid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving from raid 0 to non raid: I want to move away from my nvme raid 0 to a non raid nvme without reinstalling. Aomei backupper doesn't work, bsod. Any other solutions? submitted by /u/collins_amber [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l63z0n/moving_from_raid_0_to_non_raid/
  7. Install Windows on Raid 0

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows on Raid 0: I have an i3-3240 processor, an ASRock H61M-VG3 motherboard and 2 Hitachi HDP725050GLA360G. My question is: what do I need to install Windows on the 2 hdds in Raid 0? And I would like if you can find me what's needed....
  8. RAID 0 is myth / RAID 0 is not possible / RAID 0 is a lie / RAID 0 is not possible on...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAID 0 is myth / RAID 0 is not possible / RAID 0 is a lie / RAID 0 is not possible on...: Hello, I am interested to know if RAID 0 exists or not? I have an external HDD drive which states RAID 0 is possible. However, I am not sure if RAID 0 is possible or not. There are no softwares which promotes RAID 0 creation. I have tried everything and I do not believe in...
  9. Win 10 raid 0

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 raid 0: So, I have a server trying to install Windows 10 on. I ran into some issues. It doesn't see my HD during the setup and i am assuming I need a raid0 driver of some kind? Secondly, how do I get Windows 10 to display the full drive since its a 2X2TB setup that I setup as raid0...
  10. Defraggler + SSD raid 0

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Defraggler + SSD raid 0: So i've lived with this for alotta years. Its now on my short list of "things that irk me" to sort out. Ive waited iteration after iteration for piriform to sort it out. I've installed driver after driver for my raid controller. Different versions of windows. The problem...