Windows 10: Moving to Windows 10... finally

Discus and support Moving to Windows 10... finally in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; OK, OS will be on a 500GB SSD. I want the whole Windows 10 Home with all it's teeny "other" partitions to all be on ONE partition. After Win 10 Home is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ghot, May 4, 2020.

1. Ghot Win User

Moving to Windows 10... finally

OK, OS will be on a 500GB SSD. I want the whole Windows 10 Home with all it's teeny "other" partitions to all be on ONE partition.
    After Win 10 Home is installed, I'd like to "then" partition the same 500GB SSD like this...

200GB partition for the OS and all it's teeny partitions
    150GB empty partition
    W/e is left in a 3rd partition.

I want the three partitions to be C:, D:, and E:

Is this possible, and if so, how should I partition the SSD before I install Windows 10?

/e I don't want those teeny "other" Windows 10 partitions to get drive letters.

/ee I'll be installing w/o an internet connection. I have one, it will just be unhooked during the install.

:)

Ghot, May 4, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 4, 2020
  3. hellrazor Win User
    Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, May 4, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Moving to Windows 10... finally - Similar Threads - Moving finally

2. Moving "One Drive" folder from my SSD to a HDD on the same PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving "One Drive" folder from my SSD to a HDD on the same PC: Hi, I have just purchased a new PC that has two drives C: which is a 250Gb SSD drive and D: which is a 1Tb HDD intended for data. During my install, Windows set up my "One Drive" folder on the C: drive whereas it should have been set up on the D: drive. How can I move...
  3. How to move/transfer my win10 pro licence to a new machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to move/transfer my win10 pro licence to a new machine: My HTPC fan broke the other day. Machine overheated. Unable to fix so need to buy a new PC. The HTPC had Win10 pro installed via upgrade from Win8 some years ago. Is it possible to transfer licence to new PC? Thx...
  4. Computer mouse cursor moves around

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer mouse cursor moves around: I have a Dell PC. The computer mouse cursor moves around randomly at times when I am trying to type. I have had the problem for a while. I bought a new mouse thinking that would help but it didn't. I have tried different ports to no avail. Can you help?...
  5. Moved my whole drive to pictures

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moved my whole drive to pictures: All of my files are now in pictures on a D: drive. Can i like move all of the files from this folder into a drive? I'm actually not sure my self what exactly i did wrong or why all of my folders are located in pictures. Can i move it safely, so that programs can still have...
  6. Moving windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving windows: I have a copy of windows on a 1TB Hard drive and I want to move it to a 120GB ssd, that rules out cloning and my only other option is to move it via usb. How would i do this and will it keep my key? I had windows installed via a CD and both my sata cables are being used right...
  7. How to move Files and Folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to move Files and Folders in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows 10 offers a variety of ways to move Files and Folders from one location to another. To move a file or a folder means […] This article How to move Files and Folders in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Move digital retail license for Windows 10 Pro from old PC to new one

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Move digital retail license for Windows 10 Pro from old PC to new one: Hi, I have an old PC with a Windows 10 Pro license. It's a digital license linked to my Microsoft account that I purchased online, separately from the computer, and for which I didn't receive an activation code. It's a retail license, as can be confirmed with the command...
  9. Desktop icons move after start up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icons move after start up: [ATTACH] Since the latest 2004 update this happens. I only have two icons on my desktop being 'This PC' on the top left corner and below it the recycle bin. They keep moving to the position in the attached photo after every restart. I have 'align to grid' checked and...
  10. Moving a File From WindowsApps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving a File From WindowsApps: My computer has a small C drive and a large D drive. I have a 40GB file folder that I'm trying to move over to my D: drive. Problem: It is a WindowsApp installed through the Microsoft Store, and I cannot seem to change that install directory. A ton of weird problems with...