Windows 10: Moving W10 pro license from old machine to new

Discus and support Moving W10 pro license from old machine to new in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have an old laptop with W10 pro retail license. I want to move to a new PC to which I did a fresh download of W10 pro and have used it un-activated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Kman9, Apr 29, 2022.

1. Kman9 Win User

Moving W10 pro license from old machine to new

I have an old laptop with W10 pro retail license. I want to move to a new PC to which I did a fresh download of W10 pro and have used it un-activated for a while. Now I want to upgrade to 11 but want to activate W10 on new computer and deactivate on old laptop before the upgrade. My new computer does not show linked to my account, so Iam stymied on how to proceed. Thanks

:)

Kman9, Apr 29, 2022

2. moving W10 Pro license to another computer running W10 Home

I am a long time W10 Insider.

I had a Gateway NV79 running W10 Pro and it bellied up with on board battery issues and is non functional.

I want to move that Pro License to another W10 machine running home.

What are the steps/

Thanks,

Norm Weed

NormanWeed, Apr 29, 2022
  3. Robert_os Win User
    Move windows 10 pro license from virtual machine to physical machine.

I need to move a windows 10 pro license from a virtual machine to a physical machine. The license has been bought as windows 10 pro not upgrade etc. The thing is that the computer (Mac book pro) where the virtual machine used to live is now dead beyond
    repair and to expensive to use. So I want to install windows 10 on a dell laptop now but I cant deactivate the old license on the virtual machine. Any suggestions?

Robert_os, Apr 29, 2022
  4. MStew Win User

What happens to digital license on old machine

Hello,

I am building a new machine in the next few days. I have a digital license for Windows Pro 64 bit on the old machine.

When installing Win10 64 bit on the new machine I'd like to use that digital license to get the Pro features.

So, what happens to the old machine license? I'd like to run them side by side for a week or so to move data and make sure settings on the new machine are close to the old setup. Does it downgrade the old machine to Win10 Home? Is the old machine even usable
    (for a short time)?

Thanks,

Mark

MStew, Apr 29, 2022
Thema:

1. Moving W10 pro license from old machine to new - Similar Threads - Moving W10 pro

2. Trouble moving Win 11 Pro license from old notebook to new

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble moving Win 11 Pro license from old notebook to new: I have an issue moving my Win11 Pro license from an old notebook to the new one. I have deregistered on the old notebook using the cmd method, slmgr /upk, I even deleted the device from my Microsoft account and yet, I cannot activate on the new notebook, I have asked MS to...
  3. Trouble moving Win 11 Pro license from old notebook to new

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble moving Win 11 Pro license from old notebook to new: I have an issue moving my Win11 Pro license from an old notebook to the new one. I have deregistered on the old notebook using the cmd method, slmgr /upk, I even deleted the device from my Microsoft account and yet, I cannot activate on the new notebook, I have asked MS to...
  4. Digital License W10 transplant from old laptop to new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Digital License W10 transplant from old laptop to new PC: Hi guys,How do I transplant my digital license from my old laptop which is W10 Home Digital License to my new PC?I have followed a few guides. A little bit unclear, am I supposed to nuke the old laptop with reset then I can start activation procedure on my new PC?New PC is...
  5. Digital License W10 transplant from old laptop to new PC

Digital License W10 transplant from old laptop to new PC: Hi guys,How do I transplant my digital license from my old laptop which is W10 Home Digital License to my new PC?I have followed a few guides. A little bit unclear, am I supposed to nuke the old laptop with reset then I can start activation procedure on my new PC?New PC is...
  6. Moving W10 pro license from old machine to new

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving W10 pro license from old machine to new: I have an old laptop with W10 pro retail license. I want to move to a new PC to which I did a fresh download of W10 pro and have used it un-activated for a while. Now I want to upgrade to 11 but want to activate W10 on new computer and deactivate on old laptop before the...
  7. Moving W10 pro license from old machine to new

Moving W10 pro license from old machine to new: I have an old laptop with W10 pro retail license. I want to move to a new PC to which I did a fresh download of W10 pro and have used it un-activated for a while. Now I want to upgrade to 11 but want to activate W10 on new computer and deactivate on old laptop before the...
  8. How to restore W10 backup from old machine to a new machine

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to restore W10 backup from old machine to a new machine: The old machine is FX6300 on Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 and the new machine is Ryzen 5 5600X on Gigabyte X570X AORUS Ultra. I want to restore a W10 backup onto the new machine I assembled. I have been using a disk utility for quite some time to create backup images and restore...
  9. Going to W10 on a new machine with old harddrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Going to W10 on a new machine with old harddrive: I'm upgrading my computer with all new internals, except for the harddrive. The hdd has W7 on it, but i want to install W10 (full version 64 bit) on an SSD. Are there any procedures I need to be aware of to do the this upgrade successfully?...
  10. moving windows license from old pc to new pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    moving windows license from old pc to new pc: Hi, I purchased a dell PC (not windows 10 pro), and then updated it Windows 10 pro. I queried the machine to get my activation code I uninstalled the windows license from the dell, with success, How do I upgrade my surface pro 6 (just purchased) from windows home to that...