Windows 10: moving win 10 os to larger HdD

Discus and support moving win 10 os to larger HdD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can I do a disk image of my 250Gb C drive with the windows 10 Pro OS & install on a larger 2 Tb HdD? Would it be legal? This is a refurbed Dell 9010... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by oldyeller38, Jun 30, 2018.

1. moving win 10 os to larger HdD

Can I do a disk image of my 250Gb C drive with the windows 10 Pro OS & install on a larger 2 Tb HdD? Would it be legal? This is a refurbed Dell 9010 desktop.

:)

oldyeller38, Jun 30, 2018
  2. Sanhime Win User

moving OS's HDD to HDD

I have a 2.5" HDD that contains 2 OSes, WinXP and Ubuntu. I move them to a 3.5" HDD. Is there a way to move both OSes from one HDD to another HDD? Or do I have to reinstall both OSes again?

Sanhime, Jun 30, 2018
  3. Removing Win 10 OS from slave HDD

By taking sometime giving yourself permission to deletes files as suggested below. Try create a partition or use another drive to place the info you want to keep. Then format the drive and put your info back.

OctavianQR, Jun 30, 2018
  4. moving win 10 os to larger HdD

Move Windows 10 from installed hdd to installed ssd

If you want to move it from hard disk, system image or cloning would be your options:

Choose system image if the SSD is equal in size or larger than hard disk:

Choose cloning if its not:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/clone-move-windows-10-data-larger-ssd-disk-drive/

OR

You can remove the hard disk, reinstall Windows 10 directly to SSD, reattach the hard drive and format it.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Jun 30, 2018
Thema:

moving win 10 os to larger HdD

1. moving win 10 os to larger HdD - Similar Threads - moving larger HdD

2. Moving OS onto an SSD from HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving OS onto an SSD from HDD: I am wanting to swap my windows 10 from my HDD to my SSD, I was wondering if I choose to reinstall windows will it give me the option of where I install it, or will it automatically go to the disk it was already installed on?...
  3. Move my OS from HDD to SSD

Move my OS from HDD to SSD: If I move my OS to my SSD from my HDD, whether I decide to clone the hard drive or do a clean Reinstall, will it still recognize my desktop? like will all of my applications still be installed and will all of my games be installed along with all of my save files and/or memory...
  4. Moving OS from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving OS from HDD to SSD: I want to change my laptop from HDD to SSD, but how about my windows and the license? can i move it using a tool to copy it and paste to the SSD? im the second owner of this laptop....
  5. Install Larger HDD

Install Larger HDD: I run a dual boot system - W10 and Linux Mint - from the same HDD. There is very little space left on the W10 partition 30GB and I cannot run updates. The HDD is very old and needs replacement. How to do a clean install of W10 on a new 4TB HDD without producing two W10...
  6. Moving my OS from HDD to SSD

Moving my OS from HDD to SSD: Hey guys, Doing a massive overhaul of my computer and finally moving my OS to my HDD to SSD. New everything, the only things I am keeping is my power supply and HDD. I read that to do it without wiping, I'd need a cloning tool. However, I don't care enough about that. All...
  7. Moving Windows 10 OS from HDD to SSD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving Windows 10 OS from HDD to SSD?: Hi, so I bought a 250GB SSD so that I can transfer my windows OS and some other files from my 2TB HDD so that things could move much more smoother and faster? Is there any way I can do this? submitted by /u/KongOG789243 [link] [comments]...
  8. Move my os from a HDD into a SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move my os from a HDD into a SSD: Greetings. What's the best FREE tool/method to simply move the os from a 1tb HDD into a 120gb SSD? I don't need to save personal files or anything since the HDD will remain as a secondary drive. But almost every single guide I found is suggesting using a paid software (like...
  9. move windows os from ssd to hdd

move windows os from ssd to hdd: How to move windows os from ssd to hdd. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-windows-os-from-ssd-to-hdd/bb3498ed-d913-4da0-b429-c86bfcd6ad21
  10. Moving windows 10 OS to new HDD

Moving windows 10 OS to new HDD: hard drive is dying. so wondering how to get W10 on my new HDD. i know the product key is bound via hardware but where would i get the win10 installation files for USB ? 72922

Users found this page by searching for:

1. move win10 to a larger disk using system image