Windows 10: moving win 10 os to larger HdD

Discus and support moving win 10 os to larger HdD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can I do a disk image of my 250Gb C drive with the windows 10 Pro OS & install on a larger 2 Tb HdD? Would it be legal? This is a refurbed Dell 9010... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by oldyeller38, Jun 30, 2018.

1. oldyeller38 Win User

moving win 10 os to larger HdD

Can I do a disk image of my 250Gb C drive with the windows 10 Pro OS & install on a larger 2 Tb HdD? Would it be legal? This is a refurbed Dell 9010 desktop.

:)

oldyeller38, Jun 30, 2018
  2. Sanhime Win User

moving OS's HDD to HDD

I have a 2.5" HDD that contains 2 OSes, WinXP and Ubuntu. I move them to a 3.5" HDD. Is there a way to move both OSes from one HDD to another HDD? Or do I have to reinstall both OSes again?

Sanhime, Jun 30, 2018
  3. OctavianQR Win User
    Removing Win 10 OS from slave HDD

By taking sometime giving yourself permission to deletes files as suggested below. Try create a partition or use another drive to place the info you want to keep. Then format the drive and put your info back.

OctavianQR, Jun 30, 2018
  4. Andre Da Costa Win User

Move Windows 10 from installed hdd to installed ssd

If you want to move it from hard disk, system image or cloning would be your options:

Choose system image if the SSD is equal in size or larger than hard disk:

Choose cloning if its not:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/clone-move-windows-10-data-larger-ssd-disk-drive/

OR

You can remove the hard disk, reinstall Windows 10 directly to SSD, reattach the hard drive and format it.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Jun 30, 2018
Thema:

1. moving win 10 os to larger HdD - Similar Threads - moving larger HdD

2. move windows os from ssd to hdd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    move windows os from ssd to hdd: How to move windows os from ssd to hdd. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-windows-os-from-ssd-to-hdd/bb3498ed-d913-4da0-b429-c86bfcd6ad21
  3. migrate OS Win 10

migrate OS Win 10: I can't update my OS as my laptop C drive is out of space. Can I migrate the OS to a SDXC card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/migrate-os-win-10/66e06b13-b576-44ab-bb31-671d72313989
  4. Moved OS/HDD to different machine - now getting activation notice

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moved OS/HDD to different machine - now getting activation notice: I searched. I know that with XP/7/8/8.1 (and Server OS'es) changing substantial hardware would trigger a reactivation message however this was a legit (free) upgrade from 8.1 Pro x64 to 10 Pro x64. I had a hardware issue with the computer the OS was initially installed on so...
  5. Problems Moving HDD (And Data On It) to Windows 10 From Older Win Sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems Moving HDD (And Data On It) to Windows 10 From Older Win Sys: I have an old Windows 98 system that I have had around for years and have been preparing to move anything of importance from it to a Windows 10 system in preparation for discarding the Win 98 system. I rarely use it anymore and no longer back up files on it but still would...
  6. Move Windows OS to Mac

in Windows 10 Support
    Move Windows OS to Mac: Hi, I had Windows 7 on my HP laptop and then upgraded to Windows 10 and as the laptop is getting old I would be buying a Macbook Pro to replace it and just wondering as how I can move my Windows 10 OS to Mac and create a dual boot OS on Mac. Appreciate your detailed...
  7. WD Black HDD - Want to move OS to new SSD

WD Black HDD - Want to move OS to new SSD: I have a 1 TB WD Black (1003FZEX) in a Dell XPS-8700 (Not Special Edition). Only 50% of HDD is full and that's all I plan to keep it. I want to buy a new SSD and put my OS on it for faster starts, etc. I back up every day (Full / Verify) using Macrium (Paid). What...
  8. Need Help Migrating Upgraded HDD to larger HDD

Need Help Migrating Upgraded HDD to larger HDD: I'm trying to migrate my Win10x64 OS and apps (not concerned about data) to a larger HDD by using several software apps (Acronis, AOEMI Partition Assistant) in Clone or Copy or Migrate modes. So far, none of them will boot when the older boot drive is disconnected or...
  9. Moving windows 10 OS to new HDD

Moving windows 10 OS to new HDD: hard drive is dying. so wondering how to get W10 on my new HDD. i know the product key is bound via hardware but where would i get the win10 installation files for USB ? 72922
  10. GPT for OS move?

GPT for OS move?: Problem: Can't use Refresh on my MBR boot drive because of UEFI/GPT restrictions. Alternative 1: It seems that none of the partition managers, commercial or Win-based will change the current C:\ MBR to GPT without wiping out the disk content. I have three partitions on the c:...