moving win 10 os to larger HdD

Discus and support moving win 10 os to larger HdD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can I do a disk image of my 250Gb C drive with the windows 10 Pro OS & install on a larger 2 Tb HdD? Would it be legal? This is a refurbed Dell 9010... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by oldyeller38, Jun 30, 2018.

1. oldyeller38 Win User

Can I do a disk image of my 250Gb C drive with the windows 10 Pro OS & install on a larger 2 Tb HdD? Would it be legal? This is a refurbed Dell 9010 desktop.

:)

oldyeller38, Jun 30, 2018
  2. Sanhime Win User

moving OS's HDD to HDD

I have a 2.5" HDD that contains 2 OSes, WinXP and Ubuntu. I move them to a 3.5" HDD. Is there a way to move both OSes from one HDD to another HDD? Or do I have to reinstall both OSes again?

Sanhime, Jun 30, 2018
  3. OctavianQR Win User
    Removing Win 10 OS from slave HDD

By taking sometime giving yourself permission to deletes files as suggested below. Try create a partition or use another drive to place the info you want to keep. Then format the drive and put your info back.

OctavianQR, Jun 30, 2018
  4. Andre Da Costa Win User

Move Windows 10 from installed hdd to installed ssd

If you want to move it from hard disk, system image or cloning would be your options:

Choose system image if the SSD is equal in size or larger than hard disk:

Choose cloning if its not:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/clone-move-windows-10-data-larger-ssd-disk-drive/

OR

You can remove the hard disk, reinstall Windows 10 directly to SSD, reattach the hard drive and format it.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Jun 30, 2018
Thema:

1. moving win 10 os to larger HdD - Similar Threads - moving win larger

2. This app can't run on your PC, Win 10 Bat file when it hits the Move

in Windows 10 Support
    This app can't run on your PC, Win 10 Bat file when it hits the Move: Hi, I'm trying to run a bat file on Windows 10, but it tells me that "This app can't run on your PC". The first time I get the error. The second time I run it it works. Runs from a shortcut from C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe set as run as administrator. The bat file runs until...
  3. How to preserve folders in Outlook Express (XP) when moving to Win 10

in Browsers and Email
    How to preserve folders in Outlook Express (XP) when moving to Win 10: I am in the process of migrating from an old PC on XP ,Office 2000 and Outlook Express. Will it be possible to preserve and move across my existing Outlook Express emails and folders to my new PC, which will have latest Windows 10 and Office 365. If so, how do I do this...
  4. How to move Win 7 WLM files to new computer Win 10 emclient?

in Browsers and Email
    How to move Win 7 WLM files to new computer Win 10 emclient?: I surely can't be the only guy with this problem, but I have yet to get it solved. I have an old HP computer with Win 7 and Windows Live Mail on it. I have a new Lenovo with Win 10 on it. I'd like to use emclient on the new one. When I just copied all the WLM files and...
  5. Move a software program from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move a software program from Win 7 to Win 10: I have a program on my Windows 7 computer of which I have lost the installation CD . Is there any way to somehow move the program from my old computer to my new Windows 10 OS on my new computer? The program is Omron Health Management Software. I contacted Omron for a new CD....
  6. Problems Moving HDD (And Data On It) to Windows 10 From Older Win Sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems Moving HDD (And Data On It) to Windows 10 From Older Win Sys: I have an old Windows 98 system that I have had around for years and have been preparing to move anything of importance from it to a Windows 10 system in preparation for discarding the Win 98 system. I rarely use it anymore and no longer back up files on it but still would...
  7. Moving installed Win 10 to different computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving installed Win 10 to different computer?: I have two computers that both got free upgrades from 7 Ultimate to 10 Pro. Would it work to swap the hard drive from one to the other, then update drivers as needed? I've done that countless times with Windows 3.0 through XP. Haven't tried it with Vista and later. People...
  8. My maddening failure to move from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My maddening failure to move from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: My pre-built Dell system came with Win 10 home. After my Windows exploded, I had to reinstall. Along the way I learned that I need Bitlocker. Since Home doesn't include it, I purchase an OEM install of Win 10 Pro. And that has turned out to be the most horrific experience...
  9. Win 10 Pro - cut & paste / Move items from desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Pro - cut & paste / Move items from desktop?: When I move or cut & paste files from the desktop, items do not disappear from the desktop until I refresh the desktop. Is this a known issue and is there a fix? This is on a work PC by the way. 76902
  10. Copying / moving files form Win Explorer not possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    Copying / moving files form Win Explorer not possible?: When I try to copy / move a file or folder from the Win Explorer (as admin) to another program this sign is shown, transferring is not possible: [img] How could I make it work? 72751