Windows 10: Moving win10 from old computer to new

Discus and support Moving win10 from old computer to new in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm upgrading from and old computer to a new build. Am I able to move the operating system to the new one without buying a brand new windows product... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gakuun, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Gakuun Win User

Moving win10 from old computer to new

I'm upgrading from and old computer to a new build. Am I able to move the operating system to the new one without buying a brand new windows product key? I will not be using the old one whatsoever (just keeping the hard drives).

Originally this was a windows 7 and I got the free upgrade to 10. If I am able to use the same product key for the new computer how can I install it with only a windows 7 installation cd?

:)

Gakuun, Aug 10, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Marites1 Win User
    Move files from old windows 7 computer to new windows 10 computer

Actually I was responding to the issue of moving thousands of files from my Windows 7 pc to a new Windows 10 computer.

As for the mail app, I had wondered about out setting up the accounts--and possibly importing the contacts list and saved e-mails. If that requires that I stay with Windows Live Mail, then perhaps that's what I will do.

Marites1, Aug 10, 2018
  4. gborchers Win User

Moving to a new win10 platform

Can i book on a new win10 computer and mount the old win10 drive and have functionality of the old apps etc?

gborchers, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Moving win10 from old computer to new - Similar Threads - Moving win10 old

2. Moving from old PC with Win10 to new PC with Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving from old PC with Win10 to new PC with Win11: I bought Windows 10 Home in in 2017 on Microsoft Store. When Windows 11 came around, it told me that my PC doesn't meet the requirements. Finally I have built a new PC and installed Windows 11. I want to deactivate Windows 10 on my old PC and activate Windows 11 to my new...
  3. Moving from old PC with Win10 to new PC with Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving from old PC with Win10 to new PC with Win11: I bought Windows 10 Home in in 2017 on Microsoft Store. When Windows 11 came around, it told me that my PC doesn't meet the requirements. Finally I have built a new PC and installed Windows 11. I want to deactivate Windows 10 on my old PC and activate Windows 11 to my new...
  4. moving content from old to new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    moving content from old to new computer: I have a very old DellOptiplex 360 desktop with windows 10 and am finally getting rid of it. I need to switch all my content over to my new Dell desktop. I forgot how to do this. I need to switch over outlook emails, all documents, all videos, all docs saved directly on my...
  5. Moving storage HDD from old computer to new

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Moving storage HDD from old computer to new: I built a new computer and want to move the storage HDD from the old one to the new one without having to redownload hundreds and hundreds of gigabytes of Microsoft Store games and apps. I was hoping when I logged into the Microsoft Store on the new computer with my old...
  6. Moving storage HDD from old computer to new

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving storage HDD from old computer to new: I built a new computer and want to move the storage HDD from the old one to the new one without having to redownload hundreds and hundreds of gigabytes of Microsoft Store games and apps. I was hoping when I logged into the Microsoft Store on the new computer with my old...
  7. Moving from win7/old pc to win10/new pc

Moving from win7/old pc to win10/new pc: I have a newly built pc on which I will install Win 10. My old pc has Win 7 installed. I plan to have the new pc boot UEFI. The old pc is legacy boot (non-UEFI). Q1. Will I be able to just put the old HDDs in the new pc as storage and transfer files (photos, music,...
  8. Moving an older program from another old computer to a new computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Moving an older program from another old computer to a new computer: Can I move a program from one computer to another by using a flash drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-an-older-program-from-another-old-computer/cf5edabe-ef14-4bee-9d46-0b99ca7b1e41
  9. Move data drive from old computer into new

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move data drive from old computer into new: I am running a 2007 vintage self-built PC with a separate data drive (1tb hdd) and OS/program drive (SSD). I want to move the data hdd into a new computer I've built. Is it just as simple as unplugging/ dismounting from old and installing in new? Any advice is appreciated,...
  10. moving old hdd to new computer

moving old hdd to new computer: I have an old computer with a bad motherboard that I am thinking about taking the hdd out of and reinstalling it in a new computer and duel booting between win7 and win10, my question is "can it be done"? 11745

Users found this page by searching for:

1. moving from old laptop to new win10