Windows 10: Moving Win10 from SSD to M.2?

Discus and support Moving Win10 from SSD to M.2? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I'm finally moving my OS from my old SSD (like 2015) to a clean M.2. The M.2 is empty and already partitioned and nothing of real value is on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RolfIsSonOfShepnard, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Moving Win10 from SSD to M.2?

So I'm finally moving my OS from my old SSD (like 2015) to a clean M.2. The M.2 is empty and already partitioned and nothing of real value is on the old SSD. What is the easiest way of moving the OS? Media creation tool or just doing a clean install of windows? For the clean install method will it wipe any data on my other drives like games and video files or are they clear? I'm already going to be unplugging those 2 other drives during the install but after setting up windows (again) will anything happen to those 2 drives?

submitted by /u/RolfIsSonOfShepnard
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RolfIsSonOfShepnard, Mar 11, 2020

2. win10 instalation on Intel ssd 600p, m.2

hi guys,

i'm trying to install win10 on my Intel m.2 ssd 600p series and i get this error when i select the ssd in instalation menu: ''we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one. for more information, see the setup log files''. can u provide some
    help about that? my laptop in lenovo y700 17isk.

IacobIonut, Mar 11, 2020
  3. M.2 SSD selection for Lenovo V310-15isk

Not knowing what your needs are, there are 2 reasons to do what your suggesting. 1- Increase performance. Installing a "M.2 SSD / PCIe 3.0 x 2" drive will increase the overall performance of your system. But since you would be moving from an installed SSD (Sata6 drive), you would probably NOT notice the performance improvement. If you measured it, I would guess there would be a +5% overall performance boost.
    The second reason would be for additional storage. Here you would move your OS + programs to the M.2 drive which would free that space up on your current SSD giving you the full 1TB of space.
    Choice is yours.

storageman, Mar 11, 2020
  4. Moving Win10 from SSD to M.2?

How to check M.2 SSD Health ?

Hi friends,

I have a problem while checking my SSD Health. The application like SSD-Life can't recognize my M.2 SSD. My Notebook is HP Spectre 13.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks

Moving Win10 from SSD to M.2? e868cfa5-70cc-40a6-b769-c76b6e56f322.png

VincentAlim, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

Moving Win10 from SSD to M.2?

1. Moving Win10 from SSD to M.2? - Similar Threads - Moving Win10 SSD

2. Switching from SATA SSD to M.2 SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching from SATA SSD to M.2 SSD?: Just built a new PC for the company I work for. It has two hard drives, a SATA SSD and an M.2 SSD. They have an IT company who is in charge of installing windows and network setup and the guy installed Windows 10 to the SATA instead of the M.2. I tried to switch this using...
  3. Move only Windows from HDD to M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move only Windows from HDD to M.2 SSD: Hey everyone. I recently bought an M.2 SSD to use alongside my older HDD. My plan was to have the games I play the most and Windows on the M.2 and all the other stuff on the HDD. I have already moved some games to the M.2. But I'm not sure how to only move Windows without...
  4. moved my M.2 ssd...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    moved my M.2 ssd...: Hey guys! I was reading on reddit, that you should have your ssd as close to your cpu as possible on your motherboard, so there's less delay from the two talking to one another... and after I did, the ssd won't boot windows anymore, and sends me on the infinite loop of auto...
  5. ?M.2 or ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ?M.2 or ssd: My ? board has a M-2 slot, will that act the same as a ssd. I'm looking at a Kingmax M-2 2280 B /M SATAIII 256GB. This stuff is confusing to me some times sorry for the confusion while asking my ?s. I have so much new storage in my system now all I'm trying to do is get all...
  6. Windows from SSD to M.2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows from SSD to M.2: I got a m.2 Corsair MP510 480GB fore Christmas and i want to transfer the windows os from the ssd to the m.2... Some tips on yt tutorials or programs?? submitted by /u/Fiffty_five [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ewqm64/windows_from_ssd_to_m2/
  7. M.2 SSD's

M.2 SSD's: Does anyone here run their OS on an M.2 SSD? And if so, do you notice any difference in speed than a regular SSD? 114991
  8. M.2 ssd's

M.2 ssd's: Hi all just to ask I have a asus z170ar I have a intell 520 ssd and just wanted to upgrade to a m.2 and was looking at a samsung nvme m.2 960 evo 500gig or a pro, my mob say it is a m.2 pcie m type. would it fit? 105095
  9. m.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Support
    m.2 ssd: Hi all can you clone a ssd to a m.2 ssd, making the m.2 ssd the boot drive? 68728
  10. M.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    M.2 ssd: Hello, I need some help. I hope I choose the right forum section, newbie here. I purchased a MyDigitalSSD 128GB (MDM242-SBe-128) from Amazon.com, I want to prepare this drive for use in my Dell 3050 mini PC to increase the boot drive size from 32gb to 128gb. The Dell...