Windows 10: Moving win10 pro to new computer fails

Discus and support Moving win10 pro to new computer fails in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The new computer has win10 home on it and when I insert the activation key for the pro edition it says "windows has been activated", but the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CarolGwo, Jul 14, 2020.

1. CarolGwo Win User

Moving win10 pro to new computer fails

The new computer has win10 home on it and when I insert the activation key for the pro edition it says "windows has been activated", but the computer is still running the home edition.

:)

CarolGwo, Jul 14, 2020

2. Upgrading OEM Win10 Home to MSDN Win10 Pro

Moving to a new PC that I'm building myself. Currently running Dell OEM Win10 Home. New PC will have Win10 Pro, MSDN (multi-activation or retail keys) version.

My backup software can do a "system transfer" that will allow me to transfer everything (OS and applications) to the new computer.

Should I upgrade from OEM Home to MSDN Pro on the old computer and then transfer everything to the new computer?

Or just install Win10 PRO MSDN on the new computer and use the backup software vendor's application transfer program to move the applications and registry entries?

My goals are:

1. Not have any "dinosaur bones" either from the OS on my SSD from the old OEM Home version on the new PRO version

1. Not have to reinstall and reconfigure everything (which would take about a week)

Thanks for any advice I can get...

bobmac1547, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Can I upgrade OEM Win10 Home to Retail Win10 Pro?

Moving to a new PC that I'm building myself. Currently running Dell OEM Win10 Home. New PC will have Win10 Pro, MSDN (multi-activation or retail keys) version.

My backup software can do a "system transfer" that will allow me to transfer everything (OS and applications) to the new computer.

Should I upgrade from OEM Home to MSDN Pro on the old computer and then transfer everything to the new computer?

Or just install Win10 PRO MSDN on the new computer and use the backup software vendor's application transfer program to move the applications and registry entries.

My goals are:

1. Not have any "dinosaur bones" either from the OS on my SSD from the old OEM Home version on the new PRO version
    2. Not have to reinstall and reconfigure everything (which would take about a week)
    Thanks for any advice I can get...

BobMac1547x, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Moving win10 pro to new computer fails

new computer, want to transfer win10 pro upgrade license

I bought a new computer which came with windows 10 home to replace an old computer that came with windows 7 home which was upgraded to windows 7 pro and then the free upgrade to windows 10 pro.

I would like to transfer the win 10 pro license from old computer to upgrade new computer from win10 home to win10 pro. And then wipe old hard drive. Is this possible?

WilliamMann, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Moving win10 pro to new computer fails

1. Moving win10 pro to new computer fails - Similar Threads - Moving win10 pro

2. Move Win10 pro OS to other computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Win10 pro OS to other computer: Hi, I purchased a windows 10 pro version and activated it on my current PC. I'm planning to bring this purchased OS to a new computer.Is it possible? and if there's any information / instruction on how to do it? Thanks...
  3. Move Win10 pro OS to other computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move Win10 pro OS to other computer: Hi, I purchased a windows 10 pro version and activated it on my current PC. I'm planning to bring this purchased OS to a new computer.Is it possible? and if there's any information / instruction on how to do it? Thanks...
  4. Move Win10 pro OS to other computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Upgraded to pro on a new computer and it fails activation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgraded to pro on a new computer and it fails activation.: I just recently purchased a new computer. It came with windows 10 home installed. I decided that I wanted pro. So I bought it in the Microsoft store.I have had nothing but problems since I tried to install the upgrade. The below image is what I see now.I have called Microsoft...
  6. Upgraded to pro on a new computer and it fails activation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded to pro on a new computer and it fails activation.: I just recently purchased a new computer. It came with windows 10 home installed. I decided that I wanted pro. So I bought it in the Microsoft store.I have had nothing but problems since I tried to install the upgrade. The below image is what I see now.I have called Microsoft...
  7. Move Windows 10 Pro licence to new computer

Move Windows 10 Pro licence to new computer: I have window10 pro installed in my SSD M2 disk. I ave purchades new motherboard and CPU, and I wllle like to move my Windows SSD M2 to the new computer and activate my windows 10 pr licence there. Question 1. Can I move my SSD M2 with windows and all programs and reactivate...
  8. Move Windows Pro license to a new computer

Move Windows Pro license to a new computer: Is is possible to remove or disable Windows 10 PRO totally from one computer and install in a new computer with the original being dismantled and recycled? TedPaulat...
  9. Windows 10 pro license move to a new computer?

Windows 10 pro license move to a new computer?: In the past few years I upgraded my laptop (Windows 8.1) to Windows 10. Then I purchased windows 10 pro from Microsoft Store online and I successfully upgraded my Laptop to Windows 10 pro without product key attach. Can I get a product key or move my windows 10 pro license...
  10. Moving win10 from old computer to new

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving win10 from old computer to new: I'm upgrading from and old computer to a new build. Am I able to move the operating system to the new one without buying a brand new windows product key? I will not be using the old one whatsoever (just keeping the hard drives). Originally this was a windows 7 and I got the...