Windows 10: Moving windiws7 key form my old broken laptop to newly build desktop

Discus and support Moving windiws7 key form my old broken laptop to newly build desktop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi Team, Recently I have upgraded my self to new desktop and want to use my windows 7 key in my new desktop. I had purchased windows 7 and I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by PiyushVerma32, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Moving windiws7 key form my old broken laptop to newly build desktop

Hi Team,

Recently I have upgraded my self to new desktop and want to use my windows 7 key in my new desktop.

I had purchased windows 7 and I am sole owner of that .

My Laptop is broken where windows 7 was installed.

I can't access my laptop as it is not in working and am not going to use that system at all.

Is it possible to use the Key of windows 7 in new desktop upgrading it to windows 10. As an individual , I am lawful owner of that key and want to move and use that product in newly build system.

I tried it but it in not accepting.

Please reach out to me at *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Thanks

Piyush Verma

:)

PiyushVerma32, Oct 18, 2020

2. Activation after moving harddisks from a broken laptop to a new desktop

Recently, my old laptop that had Windows 10 installed and linked to my account broke down beyond repair. I transferred the hard disks to a new desktop computer and I want to activate windows, but my old laptop is not seen on the list of available computers.
    The old laptop is seen at the list of computers linked to my account, however. I thought of deleting my old laptop from that list, but I was afraid to irreversibly lose my licence. Any kind of help would be much appreciated. I thank you for your kind response!

NatašaŠkrinjar, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Newly upgraded Desktop verses my laptop

Hi friends as some of you may know with your help , I just recently upgraded my desktop with a bunch of what I thought was great parts (over $1000.00) to make my editing life more enjoyable, well I'm shocked to find out after testing both the same editing projects on both my laptop and newly upgraded desktop ,my laptop rendered the project faster than my big desktop, I'm just wondering why. I was expecting my desktop to render the project twice as fast!
    Here are the specs on my laptop and desktop computers, can anyone explain to me why my laptop was faster. I used VideoStudio ProX7 on both test.
    Thanks

newfielander, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Moving windiws7 key form my old broken laptop to newly build desktop

Building a Desktop or Buying a Laptop?

No the cpu he selected is a mobile chip....aka for laptops. He needs to get a LGA 775 or socket T chip (same thing).

At OP: Depends on what you want to do? If you move alot, I would suggest getting a smaller laptop, I mean 15.4 is big for a laptop that you move alot 17" is huge. If you're not going to need it in other places stick with the desktop it gives you more performance. Just depends on what you're going to do.

kwchang007, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Moving windiws7 key form my old broken laptop to newly build desktop

1. Moving windiws7 key form my old broken laptop to newly build desktop - Similar Threads - Moving windiws7 key

2. Moving HDD with data from old win10 desktop to a newly built win11 desktop. HDD show in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving HDD with data from old win10 desktop to a newly built win11 desktop. HDD show in...: I had an older desktop running Win10 with several internal HDDs that stored data only. I purchased a new moterboard, cpu, memory, ssd and installed that in the old case, and set up win11 on this new installation as a fresh install. That is all working fine.The HDDs that...
  3. Moving HDD with data from old win10 desktop to a newly built win11 desktop. HDD show in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving HDD with data from old win10 desktop to a newly built win11 desktop. HDD show in...: I had an older desktop running Win10 with several internal HDDs that stored data only. I purchased a new moterboard, cpu, memory, ssd and installed that in the old case, and set up win11 on this new installation as a fresh install. That is all working fine.The HDDs that...
  4. move the product key from a broken laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    move the product key from a broken laptop: Does anyone know how to move the Windows 10 retail product key from a broken laptop?I can't activate my product key on the new PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-the-product-key-from-a-broken-laptop/d8cbef8f-cdc7-426f-9c02-79bd88b1b190
  5. move the product key from a broken laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    move the product key from a broken laptop: Does anyone know how to move the Windows 10 retail product key from a broken laptop?I can't activate my product key on the new PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-the-product-key-from-a-broken-laptop/d8cbef8f-cdc7-426f-9c02-79bd88b1b190
  6. move the product key from a broken laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Using the license form an old laptop on a new one

Using the license form an old laptop on a new one: I have an old laptop with windows pro that doesn't work anymore, and I wonder if it's possible to use that license instead of the Windows Single Language installed in my new laptop. The hard disk from the old laptop is still working and even I managed to obtain the windows...
  8. Can I move my existing windows 10 to a newly build pc?

Can I move my existing windows 10 to a newly build pc?: Hi, i purchsed a retail copy of windows 8.1 dvd and installed it on my current computer 6 years ago and upgraded to windows 10 while it was free couple years back. my question now is, if im building a new gaming pc, can i move my current windows 10 licensing to the new...
  9. Physically moving an SSD (With Windows) & a HDD (Storage) to my newly build PC...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Physically moving an SSD (With Windows) & a HDD (Storage) to my newly build PC...: So I've just finished building a new PC for gaming and was wondering if I would have any problems physically moving my old SSD (Which is my boot drive) and HDD (Storage) from my old Pre-Build desktop to a new custom built desktop. If I were to move both drives to my new...
  10. Move Desktop to Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move Desktop to Laptop: Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 530 desktop with a 500MB hard drive. I have installed W10 and my Office 2007 license (from years ago) was worth it and I continue using it without any problem. I need to change that machine for a laptop, more than anything to be able to move with...