Windows 10: Moving windows 10 activation keys

Discus and support Moving windows 10 activation keys in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have recently brought a new laptop which is running winodws 10 home and I an an try to move the licence key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by George Nott, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Moving windows 10 activation keys

Hi everyone,

I have recently brought a new laptop which is running winodws 10 home and I an an try to move the licence key from my old laptop which is running windws 10 pro SoSohat i can use windows on the go.

Is it possible to swap the licence keys around from pc to pc throught my microsoft account or through the acctual product key.

Or is there a way to get windws 10 pro functions on Windws 10 home because i am looking for some of the functions you get with windws 10 pro.

:)

George Nott, Jan 10, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 10, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Jan 10, 2019
  4. skippy258 Win User

Moving windows 10 activation keys

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Moving windows 10 activation keys [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

Moving windows 10 activation keys

1. Moving windows 10 activation keys - Similar Threads - Moving activation keys

2. Windows 10 activation key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 activation key: Hey guys!I have a question..So few days ago i bought a new motherboard,and also bought a windows 10 license keyOEM key,when everything was assembled i activated windows and all was fine.Saddly the motherboard had some issues and i had to return it.Now the pc shop will get my...
  3. Windows 10 Activation Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Activation Key: Microsoft did an automatic update on my computer a while back and updated it to Windows 10. I have had no trouble with my computer until now. All of a sudden, my computer keeps popping up a message that Windows 10 needs to be activated and is asking for the activation key....
  4. Windows 10 Activation Key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Activation Key?: Hey everyone. I never used this thread before, but I was just wondering why I have to have an activation key if I am doing a fresh install onto a pc. I was using windows 10 just fine on my old HDD and had a fresh install on my new SSD. I thought that if you install from a USB...
  5. Windows 10 Activation key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation key: hi i have original Windows 10 in my laptop can i use that Activation key to intall Windows in my other laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-activation-key/b188308b-017b-4e7a-9b64-0d88fa477bfc
  6. Moving an activated key from hdd to ssd

Moving an activated key from hdd to ssd: A friend and I built my pc, i used 2 old hdd total 1.5TB and a newer ssd 120gb on which i want to install my windows 10, which is currently on 1 of the hdd. My hard drives have other things on them and so it's not as easy as just moving the files from the hdd to the ssd,...
  7. Moving a Windows 10 license key

Moving a Windows 10 license key: Greetings, I'm just finishing up building a new pc to replace one that had been dying on me, and am wanting to transfer my license to it. I originally hoped that my old pc would survive until I was able to finish my new one, but unfortunately it totally died on me today. So...
  8. Moving Windows 10 License Key

Moving Windows 10 License Key: I've done some searching but I couldn't find an answer... I built a computer last year and bought Windows 10 from the Microsoft store to install on it. Microsoft emailed me the product key and it's been running fine for over a year. Lately, I've been having issues with it...
  9. Window 10 activation key

Window 10 activation key: Hi not sure but my computer died and am rebuilding it i have the install.disc and a product key not sure its the windows 10 one how do i check it is the window key that came with the windows 10.box and can i check.it on a phone thx...
  10. windows 10 activation key

windows 10 activation key: Can I use my windows 10 key for 2 devices , which is my pc and my laptop ? Cause my laptop activation date ran out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-activation-key/1a86b7df-1a1b-4e4d-a17b-2cbfbd0a0184"