Windows 10: Moving Windows 10 Apps

Discus and support Moving Windows 10 Apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I've just got a new PC and I want to install my password management app, Password Locker, but it is no longer available on Windows Store. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cyberhippy, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Moving Windows 10 Apps

Hi,

I've just got a new PC and I want to install my password management app, Password Locker, but it is no longer available on Windows Store. Is there a way I can locate and copy the file from my old PC and move it to my new one? It's absolutely essential, all my passwords are stored in it as I've been using it for many years.

Thanks

CyberHippy

:)

Cyberhippy, Mar 6, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 6, 2021
  3. hellrazor Win User
    Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Mar 6, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Moving Windows 10 Apps

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

Moving Windows 10 Apps

1. Moving Windows 10 Apps - Similar Threads - Moving Apps

2. How to move app to USB?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to move app to USB?: Hello, I noticed that the way to move an app to a usb is slightly different on Windows 10. I need to try and move an app because the older computer is not doing so hot on the internet. I mostly used the same steps:Go to Settings > System > Storage > Advanced Storage Settings...
  3. How to move app to USB?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move app to USB?: Hello, I noticed that the way to move an app to a usb is slightly different on Windows 10. I need to try and move an app because the older computer is not doing so hot on the internet. I mostly used the same steps:Go to Settings > System > Storage > Advanced Storage Settings...
  4. How to move app to USB?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why is there a "move" option if none of the apps can be moved?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there a "move" option if none of the apps can be moved?: Greetings. I have plenty of free space on my laptop but I keep the partition for Windows at 224GB. I do this purposefully so that Windows won't grow too big, which it will if it's allowed to, which it is by default. I have my opinions on why this is so, but I won't share them...
  6. Why is there a "move" option if none of the apps can be moved?

Why is there a "move" option if none of the apps can be moved?: Greetings. I have plenty of free space on my laptop but I keep the partition for Windows at 224GB. I do this purposefully so that Windows won't grow too big, which it will if it's allowed to, which it is by default. I have my opinions on why this is so, but I won't share them...
  7. Move app data to default drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move app data to default drive.: Hello, I recently got an ssd installed which is great and improved the overall performance of my device. The issue being, my user profile, settings, browser bookmarks, etc, have all been replaced. The new ssd has become the default drive and I can't access my previous...
  8. Move app data to default drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move app data to default drive.: Hello, I recently got an ssd installed which is great and improved the overall performance of my device. The issue being, my user profile, settings, browser bookmarks, etc, have all been replaced. The new ssd has become the default drive and I can't access my previous...
  9. Move app data to default drive.

10. How do I move an app in the Open With... Menu from "More Options" to "Suggested apps"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move an app in the Open With... Menu from "More Options" to "Suggested apps"...: HiI'm trying to add an app to the Suggested List of the "Open With..." context menu, but everything I tried had not worksI still have to go into "Choose Another App" and selected from the more "More Options" list.I even tried making it a default app for the extension, but...