Windows 10: Moving windows 10 from 1 PC to another

Discus and support Moving windows 10 from 1 PC to another in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Back in, probably 2010, I bought Windows 7 from the MS store. Then in 2014, I got the free upgrade to Windows 10, and a few times I've re-installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Rob Donovan, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Moving windows 10 from 1 PC to another

Back in, probably 2010, I bought Windows 7 from the MS store.

Then in 2014, I got the free upgrade to Windows 10, and a few times I've re-installed windows on that PC, and it all went fine because it said it was using my Digital licence linked to my MS outlook account.

Last week, I bought a new PC, and while installing it asked for my MS account and said it would search for a license.

It said it couldn't find any license, and my windows is not 'not activated'. (Yes, I used the same MS account that I had used on the other PC)

Trying to use the Activation Trouble shooter, and telling it my hardware had changed results in a 0xC004F213 error.

I tried phoning support, gave them my Installation ID, but they said they can't help me without the original Windows Product Key... which I dont have. They said it is in the email I was sent. Well, that was a long time ago, and I dont have that.

So I thought if I go into the Order History on microsoft.com, it would show me something, but unfortunately, that history only goes back to 2012. I know it cuts off then, because my other re-occurring bills also stop there, and they were started before 2012.

Surely this is all linked digitally, and somehow they must be able to help me. Because the other machine works fine, so that is being validated somehow.

Anyone have an ideas of what to do?

Thanks.

:)

Rob Donovan, Aug 27, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 27, 2019
  3. hellrazor Win User
    Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Aug 27, 2019
  4. CK011885 Win User

Moving windows 10 from 1 PC to another

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

Moving windows 10 from 1 PC to another

1. Moving windows 10 from 1 PC to another - Similar Threads - Moving another

2. Can I move Windows Boot Manager to another drive without reinstalling windows?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I move Windows Boot Manager to another drive without reinstalling windows?: I want to remove that hard drive from pc because it is starting to fail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-move-windows-boot-manager-to-another-drive/49d45fc6-2fe3-43fe-961d-0c7e6037786d
  3. Can I move Windows Boot Manager to another drive without reinstalling windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I move Windows Boot Manager to another drive without reinstalling windows?: I want to remove that hard drive from pc because it is starting to fail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-move-windows-boot-manager-to-another-drive/49d45fc6-2fe3-43fe-961d-0c7e6037786d
  4. Can I move Windows Boot Manager to another drive without reinstalling windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Office files corrupted after moving from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Office files corrupted after moving from one computer to another: To explain briefly the process i´ve been following, i changed an old computer´s hdd to a new ssd, then i tried to move all the personal files from the hdd to the new sdd connecting the old hdd to another computer and transfering the files over ftp to the computer with the new...
  6. Office files corrupted after moving from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office files corrupted after moving from one computer to another: To explain briefly the process i´ve been following, i changed an old computer´s hdd to a new ssd, then i tried to move all the personal files from the hdd to the new sdd connecting the old hdd to another computer and transfering the files over ftp to the computer with the new...
  7. Office files corrupted after moving from one computer to another

8. Why are my pictures blank when i move them from one computer to another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my pictures blank when i move them from one computer to another?: Why are my pictures blank when i move them from one computer to another?I took some pictures from my old laptop put them on an external drive and then put them on new computer but they are showing as just a white box what have I don't wrong ?...
  9. Why are my pictures blank when i move them from one computer to another?

Why are my pictures blank when i move them from one computer to another?: Why are my pictures blank when i move them from one computer to another?I took some pictures from my old laptop put them on an external drive and then put them on new computer but they are showing as just a white box what have I don't wrong ?...
  10. Can Move Movie Maker Video Editor Pro from one device to another?

Can Move Movie Maker Video Editor Pro from one device to another?: I purchased Movie Maker Video Editor Pro on March 4. The device it is currently loaded on has problems so I am going to be using a different device for this project.Is there a way to download the software again so I can load it to the new device?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. move w10 to another computer