Windows 10: Moving Windows 10 from broken laptop to new PC *(Installing in a new Storage)

Discus and support Moving Windows 10 from broken laptop to new PC *(Installing in a new Storage) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello guys, soo, I got 3 questions , here's the scenario : I've got a broken laptop, with an activated Windows 10 Home in the laptop's HDD, Now, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WillChanzx, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Moving Windows 10 from broken laptop to new PC *(Installing in a new Storage)

Hello guys,
    soo, I got 3 questions , here's the scenario :
    I've got a broken laptop, with an activated Windows 10 Home in the laptop's HDD,
    Now, I want to move to PC, but I don't want to use the HDD again as a boot device,
    instead, I want to have it installed in a new SSD I purchased...

The questions are :
    1. How do I check if my Windows 10 Home activation key is linked with my microsoft account?
    2. Is it possible to get my Windows 10 home activated just by logging into my new PC?
    3. Once I login into my PC with my microsoft account and get it activated, will the installed Windows 10 Home in my HDD still be active?

Thanks in advance >w<)/

:)

WillChanzx, Sep 14, 2019
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Sep 25, 2019
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Moving Windows 10 from broken laptop to new PC *(Installing in a new Storage)

Moving Windows 10 from broken laptop to new PC *(Installing in a new Storage)

Hello guys,

soo, I got 3 questions , here's the scenario :

I've got a broken laptop, with an activated Windows 10 Home in the laptop's HDD,

Now, I want to move to PC, but I don't want to use the HDD again as a boot device,

instead, I want to have it installed in a new SSD I purchased...

The questions are :

1. How do I check if my Windows 10 Home activation key is linked with my microsoft account?

2. Is it possible to get my Windows 10 home activated just by logging into my new PC?

3. Once I login into my PC with my microsoft account and get it activated, will the installed Windows 10 Home in my HDD still be active?

Thanks in advance >w<)/

WillChanzx, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Moving Windows 10 from broken laptop to new PC *(Installing in a new Storage)

1. Moving Windows 10 from broken laptop to new PC *(Installing in a new Storage) - Similar Threads - Moving broken laptop

2. File storage issue with move to new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File storage issue with move to new PC: On upgrading to new PC with Windows 11, my files, when copied from a separate hard drive, were saved to OneDrive even though I selected save on 'This PC'. Can this be undone? Files also now 'read-only. All help appreciated....
  3. File storage issue with move to new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File storage issue with move to new PC: On upgrading to new PC with Windows 11, my files, when copied from a separate hard drive, were saved to OneDrive even though I selected save on 'This PC'. Can this be undone? Files also now 'read-only. All help appreciated....
  4. Move license from destroyed PC to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move license from destroyed PC to new laptop: Hello,Previously I bought a license window in the Microsoft store and after some time my PC was totally destroyed, I bought a new laptop and install windows 11 and i want to move this license.I have no chance to do something with the old pc as it was totally destroyed....
  5. Move license from destroyed PC to new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move license from destroyed PC to new laptop: Hello,Previously I bought a license window in the Microsoft store and after some time my PC was totally destroyed, I bought a new laptop and install windows 11 and i want to move this license.I have no chance to do something with the old pc as it was totally destroyed....
  6. Installing Windows 10 on a new PC and transferring license from a broken laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing Windows 10 on a new PC and transferring license from a broken laptop: My son's Windows 10 laptop is beyond repair so we are about to replace it with a new desktop PC. He's as you can imagine on a budget so of course the option of buying a PC without a pre-installed operating system will save him a considerable amount of money if he then...
  7. Move Windows 10 digital license bought online from broken laptop to new laptop?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Move Windows 10 digital license bought online from broken laptop to new laptop?: About six months ago, I bought an ASUS laptop that came with no operating system. I installed Windows 10 Home and then bought a digital license Windows 10 Home from the Microsoft website. The activation worked. Huzzah! Fast forward to last week: that laptop was destroyed...
  8. Moving windows 10 installation into a new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving windows 10 installation into a new PC: I have seen many quesitons being asked on this same topic. Here is our situation, we have a new Lenovo PC (PC1) came Windows 10 pro preinstalled and all setup was done including installing all of our custom software. Now we would like to update our other PCs (different...
  9. Moving storage HDD from old computer to new

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Moving storage HDD from old computer to new: I built a new computer and want to move the storage HDD from the old one to the new one without having to redownload hundreds and hundreds of gigabytes of Microsoft Store games and apps. I was hoping when I logged into the Microsoft Store on the new computer with my old...
  10. Move Windows 10 to a new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move Windows 10 to a new PC: I am running windows 10 64bits and going to upgrade my PC hardware, including changing mother board, CPU and hard disks. Is it possible to create an image of my current PC and move to the new one without installing all my currently running programs and data? 85673