Windows 10: Moving Windows 10 from one SSD in my PC to another in the same PC?

Discus and support Moving Windows 10 from one SSD in my PC to another in the same PC? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just built a new PC with Windows 10 Pro running from my old SSD. How do I move my Windows install from the old SSD (where it is running now), to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BillPalmer1, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Moving Windows 10 from one SSD in my PC to another in the same PC?

I just built a new PC with Windows 10 Pro running from my old SSD. How do I move my Windows install from the old SSD (where it is running now), to the new M.2 SSD I just installed in the same PC?

:)

BillPalmer1, Jul 31, 2018
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 31, 2018
  4. r.h.p Win User

Moving Windows 10 from one SSD in my PC to another in the same PC?

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

Moving Windows 10 from one SSD in my PC to another in the same PC?

1. Moving Windows 10 from one SSD in my PC to another in the same PC? - Similar Threads - Moving SSD another

2. How to move programs from one PC to another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to move programs from one PC to another: Hi All, IT newb here. I have two identical hardware-wise PCs that I need to setup for two people. I've setup all the programs in Computer A. My question is, what would be the best way to transfer all the programs/settings from Computer A to Computer B without losing...
  3. Moving Win10 from one SSD to another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Win10 from one SSD to another: Hi, I bought a new SSD and want to move my system to that disk. There is a total of 3 disks in the system: 0 - which is a HDD and it looks like I'm booting from that 1 - the old SSD 2- the new SSD Goal is to only boot from 2 and remove 1. 0 can stay. I cloned 1 to 2 with...
  4. Moving "One Drive" folder from my SSD to a HDD on the same PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving "One Drive" folder from my SSD to a HDD on the same PC: Hi, I have just purchased a new PC that has two drives C: which is a 250Gb SSD drive and D: which is a 1Tb HDD intended for data. During my install, Windows set up my "One Drive" folder on the C: drive whereas it should have been set up on the D: drive. How can I move...
  5. Moving SSD to another laptop from same manufacturer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving SSD to another laptop from same manufacturer: So we have two Lenovo laptops (z500 and z570 from 2012) from same year but different models which we use at home only when we need Windows. One has SSD as hard drive and other is normal HDD. One with SSD started going crazy yesterday, giving all kinds of BSOD most of them...
  6. Move windows 10 from one PC to another

Move windows 10 from one PC to another: When I bought this PC it came with Windows 8, then I got the free upgrade to Windows 10. I am changing the PC now but I am not able to move the windows 10 to that new pc, is that not allowed? I tried entering the product key, it did not work, then I tried activating from...
  7. Moving SSD from one PC to another

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Moving SSD from one PC to another: I have 2 laptops of different brands with completely different hardware, both with Windows 10 Home. The first laptop had a 250GB SSD, and the second had a 1TB HDD. I upgraded the first laptop to a 500GB SSD, and put the 250GB SSD in the second instead of the 1TB HDD. So the...
  8. Move Windows 10 Pro from one SSD to another SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Move Windows 10 Pro from one SSD to another SSD: Good morning, I called on the Microsoft community to ask for your opinion on moving the operating system (Windows 10 Pro) from one SSD to another SSD without operating system installation (Windows 10 Pro). I am waiting for an answer from you in this regard !!! Thank you!!! A...
  9. Moving Windows 10 from one ssd to another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Windows 10 from one ssd to another: I have two SanDisk SSD 120GB in my computer. I am running out of space and the one that boots up (with Windows OS on it) is dying. 1) How can I see what is on each individual SSD? I have everything backed up and there was very little on the two SSDs to begin with. 2) My...
  10. Q: Moving license from one PC to another

Q: Moving license from one PC to another: Details pls: 3 yrs ago I purchased Windows 8.1 Pro (Retail !) I reinstalled to have Windows 10 pro.Now I want buying a new PC. Can I move the license to the new PC? If not: Can I add an HDD, and change CPU? Thanks guys :-) 78312

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i moved my computer ssd from one computer to another and it is asking dor activation windows 10

2. can i move owm windows 10 to another ssd on the same machine