Windows 10: Moving Windows 10 from one ssd to another

Discus and support Moving Windows 10 from one ssd to another in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have two SanDisk SSD 120GB in my computer. I am running out of space and the one that boots up (with Windows OS on it) is dying. 1) How can I see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VioletStraw28, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Moving Windows 10 from one ssd to another

I have two SanDisk SSD 120GB in my computer. I am running out of space and the one that boots up (with Windows OS on it) is dying.

1) How can I see what is on each individual SSD? I have everything backed up and there was very little on the two SSDs to begin with.

2) My plan was to just take out the dying SSD and boot my computer from the Windows 10 USB I originally bought with OS and install on the SSD that is doing fine. However, I am getting the error that says "The upgrade option isn't available if you start your computer using Windows installation media." What am I doing wrong?

PS I will also be installing a larger SSD to keep my games, files, programs etc. Also, I know there are ways to clone SSD using other software, but I'd rather go this route if possible.

:)

VioletStraw28, Aug 21, 2019

2. Move Windows 10 from installed hdd to installed ssd

If you want to move it from hard disk, system image or cloning would be your options:

Choose system image if the SSD is equal in size or larger than hard disk:

Choose cloning if its not:

How to Clone or Move Your Windows 10 Installation to a Larger Hard Disk or SSD

OR

You can remove the hard disk, reinstall Windows 10 directly to SSD, reattach the hard drive and format it.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Aug 21, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 21, 2019
  4. hellrazor Win User

Moving Windows 10 from one ssd to another

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

Moving Windows 10 from one ssd to another

1. Moving Windows 10 from one ssd to another - Similar Threads - Moving ssd another

2. Moving Windows From An SSD To Another SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Windows From An SSD To Another SSD: The past few days, I've been having issues with my boot drive. I keep getting the A2 error on my mobo. I installed the SSD in 2017 and am going to buy a new one before it completely dies. I don't want to rebuy windows. What's the best way for me to move windows onto a new...
  3. Moving Windows From An SSD To Another SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving Windows From An SSD To Another SSD: The past few days, I've been having issues with my boot drive. I keep getting the A2 error on my mobo. I installed the SSD in 2017 and am going to buy a new one before it completely dies. I don't want to rebuy windows. What's the best way for me to move windows onto a new...
  4. Moving Windows 10 from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Windows 10 from one drive to another: Here's how my system is setup now. Drive 1: Three partitions. Recovery, EFI system, and C: primary OS Drive 2: Two partitions. Recovery, D: secondary OSBoth C: and D: are Windows 10. Currently in a dual boot setup, it asks me at boot which partition to use. I want to delete...
  5. Moving Windows 10 from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving Windows 10 from one drive to another: Here's how my system is setup now. Drive 1: Three partitions. Recovery, EFI system, and C: primary OS Drive 2: Two partitions. Recovery, D: secondary OSBoth C: and D: are Windows 10. Currently in a dual boot setup, it asks me at boot which partition to use. I want to delete...
  6. Moving Windows 10 from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Moving Win10 from one SSD to another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Win10 from one SSD to another: Hi, I bought a new SSD and want to move my system to that disk. There is a total of 3 disks in the system: 0 - which is a HDD and it looks like I'm booting from that 1 - the old SSD 2- the new SSD Goal is to only boot from 2 and remove 1. 0 can stay. I cloned 1 to 2 with...
  8. Moving SSD from one PC to another

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Moving SSD from one PC to another: I have 2 laptops of different brands with completely different hardware, both with Windows 10 Home. The first laptop had a 250GB SSD, and the second had a 1TB HDD. I upgraded the first laptop to a 500GB SSD, and put the 250GB SSD in the second instead of the 1TB HDD. So the...
  9. Move windows 10 to another ssd.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move windows 10 to another ssd.: Hello, so I have two ssd on my computer and I want to move windows 10 to a bigger partition on the other SSD, so I can make space for my ubuntu, but I don't want other partitions with my data(pictures, videos, and documents) to get deleted and/or damaged. and other partitions...
  10. Move Windows 10 Pro from one SSD to another SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Move Windows 10 Pro from one SSD to another SSD: Good morning, I called on the Microsoft community to ask for your opinion on moving the operating system (Windows 10 Pro) from one SSD to another SSD without operating system installation (Windows 10 Pro). I am waiting for an answer from you in this regard !!! Thank you!!! A...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. moving windows 10 from one ssd to another