Windows 10: Moving Windows 10 from RAID 1 to single drive install

Discus and support Moving Windows 10 from RAID 1 to single drive install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had Windows 10 installed on a RAID 1 set of 2 SSD drives. I replaced those SSDs in the RAID 1 with an internal NVMe drive just 1 single one. I copied... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IT Operator, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Moving Windows 10 from RAID 1 to single drive install

I had Windows 10 installed on a RAID 1 set of 2 SSD drives. I replaced those SSDs in the RAID 1 with an internal NVMe drive just 1 single one. I copied my Windows 10 Installation over to this NVMe drive. Now when my Windows 10 boots I get an error message saying its attempting to repair the volume however Windows 10 boots just fine. How do I get rid of that error message and configure Windows 10 to properly boot on this one single NVMe drive?

:)

IT Operator, Apr 18, 2020

2. how to install Windows in a raid 1 config

Hi. I have two 160gb hdd and I wanted to install windows in a raid 1 configuration with those drives. I have windows 10 currently installed in a third 320gb hdd and already transformed the other two into a single raid 1 partition. How do I install
    windows in the raid 1? Do I have to move the system to that partition or do I have to install it from scratch into it? If it's the second option, how could I install windows in a dynamic partition? thanks

eliasvelardez, Apr 18, 2020
  3. suraswami Win User
    Raid 1 Questions - Help Is Needed Quick !!!

Like the other guy said, backup and RMA it.

Step 1. Backup or store all the info to another external drive or source.
    Step 2. Put Drive 2 (after getting replacment drive for drive 1) along with Drive 1
    Step 3. Thru Bios Configure the drives to be part of Raid Group and specify Raid 1. So it will warn you about data loss. After conforming to that message its going to format both drives and group them as Raid 1.
    Step 4. Try to partition the drive if possible from with bios utility.
    Step 5. Install windows on first partition (it may ask for drivers)
    Step 6. If Windows XP SP 1 it will recognize the whole full 320GB. So finish installing the OS and update to SP2.
    Step 7. Go into Computer management and add the extra partition to the OS or u can partition into how many ever and add it.
    Step 8. May be you need to install Seagate optimize tool to see the full size of the drive.

Good luck.

suraswami, Apr 18, 2020
  4. XVI
    xvi Win User

Moving Windows 10 from RAID 1 to single drive install

raid 80g or 160g

I'm actually not sure what you just said, so I'll just list the steps.

1: Install the drives
    2: Go in to your BIOS (or whatever is controlling the RAID)
    3: Set them up as RAID
    4: Install windows
    5: Press F6 when Windows says "Press F6 if you need to install additional RAID or SCSI controllers."
    6: Insert the floppy and load the drivers
    7: Continue with the install like normal

Thema:

Moving Windows 10 from RAID 1 to single drive install

1. Moving Windows 10 from RAID 1 to single drive install - Similar Threads - Moving RAID single

2. Move Boot Raid-0 to Single SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Boot Raid-0 to Single SSD: My Win11 boot is two 500GB M.2 drives mounted as a RAID-0 array not my original choice - and they're running out of room. I want to change the boot to a new single 1TB SSD drive. I have three other internal HDDs mounted additional volumes and two external HDDs for backup and...
  3. Move Boot Raid-0 to Single SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move Boot Raid-0 to Single SSD: My Win11 boot is two 500GB M.2 drives mounted as a RAID-0 array not my original choice - and they're running out of room. I want to change the boot to a new single 1TB SSD drive. I have three other internal HDDs mounted additional volumes and two external HDDs for backup and...
  4. Moving from raid 0 to non raid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving from raid 0 to non raid: I want to move away from my nvme raid 0 to a non raid nvme without reinstalling. Aomei backupper doesn't work, bsod. Any other solutions? submitted by /u/collins_amber [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l63z0n/moving_from_raid_0_to_non_raid/
  5. Raid 1 Drives disappeared in Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Raid 1 Drives disappeared in Win10: I am using a Dell T-130 server running Windows 10 pro since 2017. The machine is setup to use RAID in the bios. there is a C: drive that the machine boots from and there are 3 identical 1.8T drives that are in a RAID 1 config. These show as D: drive. There is also a DVR RW...
  6. upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 in RAID 1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 in RAID 1: I have a Dell precision T3600 with RAID 1 configuration running Windows 7 Professional that I want to upgrade to Windows 10. My goal is to upgrade without loosing functionality. So, I have some questions. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 in the RAID 1 configuration following a...
  7. Cloning a Windows installation (RAID 0) to single SSD (non-RAID) fails

Cloning a Windows installation (RAID 0) to single SSD (non-RAID) fails: Hi All, I've got a Windows 10 Home install running on a pair of 120GB SSDs running in RAID 0 (striped) - seemed like a good idea at the time.....ho-hum.... :/ Have now run out of space and want to move to a bigger (single) SSD. I used Macrium Reflect to clone the partitions...
  8. Windows 10 raid 1 using windows raid

Windows 10 raid 1 using windows raid: Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum. I've added a hard drive to my system to enable raid 1 via windows 10 Pro (not hardware raid). my main drive has 4 partitions which were set up when I installed windows 8.1. I have since upgraded to 10 pro. I assume these partitions...
  9. Migrating from single disk to Raid 1

Migrating from single disk to Raid 1: Hi all! Setting up my first Raid 1 NAS because I want redundancy for my important files. So here is my proposed plan. 1. I have a 3 TB drive with about 2 TB data on it - I'll call this the source disk. It has never been in an array, just a normal single disk. I purchase a...
  10. Single drive with RAID?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Single drive with RAID?: This doesn't make sense. My new Dell 15 XPS (9550) laptop has the BIOS SATA setting set to RAID (not AHCI) and yet it has a single internal OS NVMe PCIe SSD. Any idea why it's not set to AHCI? thanks 54722

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 replace raid with ssd