Windows 10: Moving Windows 10 Home version from Hard Disk Drive to SSD

Discus and support Moving Windows 10 Home version from Hard Disk Drive to SSD in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I have genuine Windows 10 Home version which is currently installed on my Hard Disk Drive. Now I want to upgrade my Hard Disk Drive with SSD. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BhaumikSoni, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Moving Windows 10 Home version from Hard Disk Drive to SSD

Hi,

I have genuine Windows 10 Home version which is currently installed on my Hard Disk Drive. Now I want to upgrade my Hard Disk Drive with SSD.

I heard that if I set up my SSD and remove the HDD then I will lost my windows 10 version.

Is that right? if yes, is there any way I can reactivate my windows 10?

Thanks in advance.

:)

BhaumikSoni, Mar 7, 2019

2. Move Windows 10 from installed hdd to installed ssd

If you want to move it from hard disk, system image or cloning would be your options:

Choose system image if the SSD is equal in size or larger than hard disk:

Choose cloning if its not:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/clone-move-windows-10-data-larger-ssd-disk-drive/

OR

You can remove the hard disk, reinstall Windows 10 directly to SSD, reattach the hard drive and format it.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Mar 7, 2019
  3. Perra Win User
    Hard Rectangular Drive Could be the Hard Disk Answer to SSDs

You're probably right but until SSD's come down to a more reasonable price-level, I'm all for this kind of stuff. Can probably be a perfect stepping-stone from HDD to SSD.

If it ever gets to stores that is *Smile Moving Windows 10 Home version from Hard Disk Drive to SSD :)

Perra, Mar 7, 2019
  4. vivanco Win User

Moving Windows 10 Home version from Hard Disk Drive to SSD

hard disk drive problem

i have a western digital 120 gb ide hard drive ( there was still 25 gb free space ) and everything was running fine until i decided to update windows xp home edition service pack 1 to service pack 2. I updated the windows and after the updating was done it asked me to restart the computer so i restarted the computer and it was normal then the windows would not start up. i turned off the computer and then turned it back on, everything gets on normally but it gets stock at where it says windows xp, it just stays there forever therefore i dont get to my desktop. Any idea what might be causing the problem?

I have an old hard disk drive which im not using and it has 10 gb space. Can i plug it to my system and run the windows from that and still be able use my other hard disk too so i can uninstall the service pack 2 from my hard disk.

Waiting for your suggestions!

Thank you for your time !

vivanco, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

Moving Windows 10 Home version from Hard Disk Drive to SSD

1. Moving Windows 10 Home version from Hard Disk Drive to SSD - Similar Threads - Moving Home version

2. Cloning Windows 10 Home to new SSD hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cloning Windows 10 Home to new SSD hard drive?: Hi Microsoft Community,I'm trying to clone my data and licensed version of Windows 10 Home from my old HHD drive to a new Crucial MX500 2.5 SSD using the Acronis True Image for Crucial software. It clones fine but when I install the new SSD hard drive into my laptop it will...
  3. Cloning Windows 10 Home to new SSD hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cloning Windows 10 Home to new SSD hard drive?: Hi Microsoft Community,I'm trying to clone my data and licensed version of Windows 10 Home from my old HHD drive to a new Crucial MX500 2.5 SSD using the Acronis True Image for Crucial software. It clones fine but when I install the new SSD hard drive into my laptop it will...
  4. Move C Drive to SSD from hard drive

Move C Drive to SSD from hard drive: 21H1 Built 19043.1110 I have a Dell Inspiron 3580 that comes with a 128GB SSD and a 1TB Toshiba hard drive. After trying to install a duel boot with Win 10 Pro and Linux I see in Disk Management that Windows (C:) is on the 1 TB drive. I can only boot into Win 10 and every...
  5. Move C Drive to SSD from hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Move C Drive to SSD from hard drive: 21H1 Built 19043.1110 I have a Dell Inspiron 3580 that comes with a 128GB SSD and a 1TB Toshiba hard drive. After trying to install a duel boot with Win 10 Pro and Linux I see in Disk Management that Windows (C:) is on the 1 TB drive. I can only boot into Win 10 and every...
  6. Windows move from hard drive to SSD

Windows move from hard drive to SSD: Hi, I just recently bought a computer preowned and it has a hard drive and an SSD. When I turned the computer on and set up windows I realised that windows was installed on the hard drive and not on the SSD. Is there anyway to move windows to my SSD? I don't have anything...
  7. Move data from hard disk to external hard disk without installed Windows version?

Move data from hard disk to external hard disk without installed Windows version?: I wanted to reinstall it because my Windows "broke" it. Now I have no space for Windows on the full hard disk Do I have to delete them? https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/daten-von-festplatte-auf-externe-festplatte-legen-ohne-installierte-windows-version
  8. Replacing windows 10 home hard disk with SSD

Replacing windows 10 home hard disk with SSD: Hi! I have an HP Envy x360 m6-aq105dx convertible laptop that I bought from Best Buy. I'd like to replace the slow hard disk with an SSD, but I don't have the Windows 10 Product key to create an installable USB flash drive. It looks like there may be some non-trivial ways to...
  9. Moving windows 10 from mech hard drive to SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving windows 10 from mech hard drive to SSD: My old hard drive is on its last legs so i got a new SSD. Can i install windows 10 and activate it with the same licence that is on my old mechanical one. Or do I have to purchase a new key? Also I dont have my old activation key Thanks in advance...
  10. Problem moving Documents Folder to hard drive from SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem moving Documents Folder to hard drive from SSD: My SSD is filling up (it's 256gb) and so I decided to move the documents folder to the D: harddrive. I changed the location under Quick Access to D:\Documents. The system created the directory and moved the files. However, before the move there were 54gb of files and 2840...