Windows 10: Moving windows 10 licence on to large USB flash drive

Discus and support Moving windows 10 licence on to large USB flash drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a windows PC with only a 32GB SSD which is now unable to take the latest updates. Am I able to actually install my Win 10 Operating system onto... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavidJeffers1, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Moving windows 10 licence on to large USB flash drive

I have a windows PC with only a 32GB SSD which is now unable to take the latest updates. Am I able to actually install my Win 10 Operating system onto say a 64GB USB drive and use this to extend the time I can run windows 10 on this hardware. I would like to hear any other ideas that let me continue to use Windows 10 on this PC.

:)

DavidJeffers1, Aug 12, 2019
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Aug 12, 2019
  3. 7.62 Win User
    Installing Windows 7 via USB flash drive!

USB drive doesnt show up, even after a format through windows (XP)

Any suggestions?

4. Sher Amo Win User

Moving windows 10 licence on to large USB flash drive

Copying movie to Flash Drive

Hi Todd,

One way on how to save and move files to a flash drive is by using the File Explorer in Windows 10. To assist you with your concern, to save your movie file to a flash drive, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Connect your USB flash drive to your PC.
    • Navigate to the folder or location where you save your movie files.
    • Right-click on the movie file and select
      Copy
    • Right-click on the Start menu, and select
      File Explorer.
    • On the left-pane, double-click on This PC.
    • Double-click on the drive letter that correspond to your USB flash drive.
    • Right-click and select Paste.
    • Wait for the process to complete the transfer.
    • Once you’re done, you can safely remove your USB flash drive.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

Moving windows 10 licence on to large USB flash drive

1. Moving windows 10 licence on to large USB flash drive - Similar Threads - Moving licence large

2. USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB flash drive: Hello, I just purchased a PNY USB flash drive. After connecting it to my PC, I noticed there is 34mb of unallocated space on it. Can anyone explain the reason for this? Please see screen shot below. If I want to allocate this 34mb space and make the USB flash drive have one...
  3. USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Support
    USB flash drive: Hello, I just purchased a PNY USB flash drive. After connecting it to my PC, I noticed there is 34mb of unallocated space on it. Can anyone explain the reason for this? Please see screen shot below. If I want to allocate this 34mb space and make the USB flash drive have one...
  4. How to fix Windows 10 install.wim file too large for USB flash drive

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix Windows 10 install.wim file too large for USB flash drive: [ATTACH]If when you download the Windows 10 ISO image and try to copy it to a bootable USB flash drive, but receive the error message […] This article How to fix Windows 10 install.wim file too large for USB flash drive first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    usb flash drive: I have a problem regarding my USB, [ATTACH]I can't see storage space and have formatted several times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-flash-drive/8477fb10-4dc5-4265-97ca-392c395a972e
  6. USB Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB Flash Drive: How do I back up my microsoft photos to the USB drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-flash-drive/a0206f3a-49e2-4d2e-80ce-566fe8aba1ba
  7. usb flash drive

usb flash drive: I am using windows 10. My usb flash drive does not show in disk manage but only intermittently. Often to make matters worse it freezes my mouse when I have the flash drive plugged in. Also it wont let my computer shut down when the flash drive is plugged in. So far I have...
  8. Windows 10 moving with flash drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 moving with flash drive: I have my PC reg with microsoft all the Windows info and version,can i get windows on a memory stick of the version on my broken PC and move it to another?I might need to do tht if the HD is broken,i bought (its in the mail) the same PC but it dosent come with an OS just the...
  9. Windows 10 USB Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 USB Flash Drive: What should I do if I accidentally wipe my MCT created USB flash drive containing the installation files with diskpart clean command and I don't have another PC handy to redownload the MCT? Do I need to call a repair shop? 130937
  10. USB flash drive

USB flash drive: usually, when I insert a cd/dvd in my laptop, it usually asks how I want to use it, and gives 2 options: like a USB flash drive or with CD/DVD drive. I just need to see and read what's in it. which option is appropriate?...