Windows 10: Moving windows 10 license from one bricked laptop to another working laptop

Discus and support Moving windows 10 license from one bricked laptop to another working laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I had purchased an Acer Nitro V gaming laptop that came with windows 10 home, installed on a 128 GB M2 SATA SSD. This laptop is not powering up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KedarBindu, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Moving windows 10 license from one bricked laptop to another working laptop

Hi,

I had purchased an Acer Nitro V gaming laptop that came with windows 10 home, installed on a 128 GB M2 SATA SSD. This laptop is not powering up due to a fault in its motherboard or so I was told. I am trying to salvage as much I can from this laptop, since its now a brick, to other devices I already have. So here is my situation -

• Bricked Acer Nitro V, with a working 128 GB M2 SSD
    • Older, but working Acer Aspire 5920, currently running Linux mint
    • Another windows 10 laptop that I can use for cloning/backing up purposes

My question is: I want to transfer windows 10 home license that came with Acer Nitro V, to the older Acer Aspire, how can I do that?

• I can manage installing windows 10 on the older Acer Aspire. I understand a fresh install would also work.
    • I do not care for the data on the Acer Nitro nor do I care for the data on the old Acer Aspire.
    • I have an external SSD enclosure that allows me to connect the SSD from bricked Acer Nitro to the working older Acer Aspire or for cloning or for retrieving the windows 10 product key/license key/activation key if that is possible
    • The windows 10 on the bricked Acer Nitro came with the laptop, activated by default. I did not purchase it separately. Hence, I do not have its product or activation key
    • I can not install the M2 SSD on Acer Aspire. Its a very old laptop and does not have the slot to install this drive. It has a 160 GB HDD where I can either install windows 10 cloned from SSD if its possible or I can do a fresh windows 10 home installation using a bootable USB drive.

From my research, I understand that the challenge here is to get the activation key or license from the bricked laptop's SSD, and transfer it to Acer Aspire, and that is what I primarily need help with. I understand that cloning from the SSD will not solve the license transfer problem please correct me if I am wrong.

Please help!

Thanks and Regards,

Kedar

:)

KedarBindu, Jul 7, 2020

2. moving windows 10 pro license from one computer to another

Hi,

I recently bought new laptop and faced the activation issues. On my old laptop I reactivated windows licence key with a command line - looked like everything went smoothly. Also made a reset which cleared all the windows files on the old computer - now
    on the old laptop I see the message on activation field:

"Unable to reach Windows activation servers" - which is I think good because I just removed the license from that computer.

Now on my new laptop I see only the red error code : "0xC004C008"

I googled and saw that it is possible to move my license key from one computer to another with my current license but the red error prevents my from activating windows.

I tried to activate by calling but step by step instructions leads my to the message that says: "You have to many computers with license etc..." but I just got removed from one of my laptops that license.

Should I remove all licenses from all computers that are currently running to install to my new version?

Should I contact someone in person to help me with this situation?

Should I buy a new license key and throw every other computer that runs with my windows 10 license away because most of them I do not use anymore?

TomasIlginis, Jul 7, 2020
  3. Ar Rom Win User
    Transfer Windows 10 Pro license from one laptop to another

Hi,

There are certain steps that you can do to transfer Windows 10 Pro license from one laptop to another. Kindly follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa on this

link
    and see if it resolves your concern.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Ar Rom, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Moving windows 10 license from one bricked laptop to another working laptop

Another bricked laptop

I just attempted to install Windows 10 on my Thinkpad X61. The laptop is now a brick (and software licenses are trapped on the hard disk). It took nearly 12 hours for the installation to "check for updates" after which it took another very long time to install
    Windows 10. Upon reboot it hangs on the initial Windows screen.

What is the best way to get Windows 7 back, Windows 10 is clearly not to be trusted.

MurrayLevi, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

Moving windows 10 license from one bricked laptop to another working laptop

1. Moving windows 10 license from one bricked laptop to another working laptop - Similar Threads - Moving license bricked

2. Transferring a digital license from one laptop to another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring a digital license from one laptop to another: Hi. I have a question. I had two laptops from different manufacturers. Both were bought pre-installed with Win7 Ultimate and Win7 Home and Certificate of Authority Label with Product Key. Since the purchase, both devices have been consistently updated to Win8 - Win10 Pro and...
  3. Transferring a digital license from one laptop to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring a digital license from one laptop to another: Hi. I have a question. I had two laptops from different manufacturers. Both were bought pre-installed with Win7 Ultimate and Win7 Home and Certificate of Authority Label with Product Key. Since the purchase, both devices have been consistently updated to Win8 - Win10 Pro and...
  4. Transferring a digital license from one laptop to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 license to another laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 license to another laptop: Hey guys I have a question, I have an old laptop that runs windows 10, yesterday I got another laptop which runs windows 7. Upgrading isn’t free anymore, can I convert the key from my win10 laptop to the win7 laptop ? submitted by /u/Nismo1991 [link] [comments]...
  6. Moving of OS from one laptop to another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving of OS from one laptop to another: My laptop is almost dead. It has Windows 10 OS. I have another laptop, which is in decent condition. How do I move Windows license from broken laptop to a new laptop?...
  7. Move Hard Drive from One Laptop to Another

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move Hard Drive from One Laptop to Another: I have two laptops, both are Dell Inspiron model 5558 with identical hardware configurations. Both are Win 10 version 1903. Due to a hinge issue with the primary machine, I want to move the hard drive from the one with the damaged hinge to the one without the hinge problem....
  8. Q: Moving license from one PC to another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Q: Moving license from one PC to another: Details pls: 3 yrs ago I purchased Windows 8.1 Pro (Retail !) I reinstalled to have Windows 10 pro.Now I want buying a new PC. Can I move the license to the new PC? If not: Can I add an HDD, and change CPU? Thanks guys :-) 78312
  9. Moving harddrive from one laptop to another and can't activate

Moving harddrive from one laptop to another and can't activate: I have 2 laptops. Both with 10 pro on them and both activated. One is dying and has an ssd. the other is a spinning drive. I took the ssd out of the bad one (both HP's) and put it in the good one, but now windows is no longer activated. Error code is 0xC004F034. 107397
  10. Moving settings and data from one windows 10 laptop to another

Moving settings and data from one windows 10 laptop to another: My son, kind boy that he is, bought me a new laptop for Christmas. The old one is perfectly serviceable, but slow (i3-2365M, 1TB hdd, 8Gb mem, on-chip graphics*Sad ). The new one is a i7-6700HQ, 512Gb sdd, 1TBhdd, 16Gb mem, NVIDIAGeForce GTX 960M *Biggrin. Both laptops have...