Windows 10: moving windows 10 on new comuter onto ssd drive I will be installing

Discus and support moving windows 10 on new comuter onto ssd drive I will be installing in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; New computer has no operating disk, but windows 10 is installed with no instructions. How to transfer new windows 10 operating system to ssd drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KennethHaubert, Nov 29, 2018.

1. moving windows 10 on new comuter onto ssd drive I will be installing

New computer has no operating disk, but windows 10 is installed with no instructions. How to transfer new windows 10 operating system to ssd drive

:)

KennethHaubert, Nov 29, 2018
  2. The Joob Win User

Move Windows 10 to a new SSD Drive

I want to move windows 10 to a new SSD drive but there are road blocks everywhere. Windows won't even let you format your old drive or completely delete it to install on the new drive. I know this can't be a unique effort. Someone please show me how to
    move windows to my new hard drive.

Thanks

The Joob, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Move Windows 10 from installed hdd to installed ssd

If you want to move it from hard disk, system image or cloning would be your options:

Choose system image if the SSD is equal in size or larger than hard disk:

Choose cloning if its not:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/clone-move-windows-10-data-larger-ssd-disk-drive/

OR

You can remove the hard disk, reinstall Windows 10 directly to SSD, reattach the hard drive and format it.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Nov 29, 2018
  4. CK011885 Win User

moving windows 10 on new comuter onto ssd drive I will be installing

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

moving windows 10 on new comuter onto ssd drive I will be installing

1. moving windows 10 on new comuter onto ssd drive I will be installing - Similar Threads - moving comuter onto

2. Installing Windows10 onto new SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Windows10 onto new SSD: I recently built a new PC, and used the SSD from my prior build in this one so I had Windows and didn't lose any files. I have another PC fully built, but no operation system installed on the brand new SSD for it. Do I NEED to download the ISO files onto a USB Drive and...
  3. Move Windows Installation to New SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move Windows Installation to New SSD?: Hey all,I'd like to move my Windows 10 installation to a solid state drive I just got. How can I do this while keeping all my user data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-windows-installation-to-new-ssd/20ba14cd-b13e-414c-9081-ba9868e8e29a
  4. Move Windows Installation to New SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move Windows Installation to New SSD?: Hey all,I'd like to move my Windows 10 installation to a solid state drive I just got. How can I do this while keeping all my user data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-windows-installation-to-new-ssd/20ba14cd-b13e-414c-9081-ba9868e8e29a
  5. Move Windows Installation to New SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Moving Windows 10 to new SSD drive

Moving Windows 10 to new SSD drive: How can i move Windows 10 to a new SSD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-windows-10-to-new-ssd-drive/8c7f72af-fb9c-4966-9f4f-b8a91ff9a1d2
  7. Unable to install windows onto new SSD

Unable to install windows onto new SSD: Hello. I have been trying to install windows to my brand-new SSD for 4-5 days now. I installed Ubuntu onto it first, since I plan on having a dual-boot system. (Which I've done before) The first issue is that the Windows Media Creation Tool keeps failing to download/burn to...
  8. Cant move files onto a new drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant move files onto a new drive: Hello. Recently ive bought a 2TB E: disk. It was working fine and i could move everything onto it up til recently, when i tried to move around 20 GB folder. I got an error that the disk is full and the files couldnt be moved but the disk still has 1.7 TB Free Space. Heres the...
  9. AHCI Clean install windows 10 onto new SSD drive

AHCI Clean install windows 10 onto new SSD drive: I seem to remember, when I installed windows 7 Pro 64 bit on a new build, a few years ago, I had to install some specific drivers during the Windows 7 installation to ensure drives used AHCI mode. Do I still need to do anything during windows 10 clean install to new SSD drive...
  10. Install Win10 ISO onto new SSD drive?

Install Win10 ISO onto new SSD drive?: Hi All, A few days ago I got a new Win8.1 laptop that I smoothly upgraded to Win10. This laptop now shows as being registered with Microsoft. I just now purchased a 250GB SSD that will arrive in a week or so. I want to install Win10 on this new drive. A friend just gave me a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. moving install disk onto ssd

2. i cant move windows 10 onto new ssd because its too small