Windows 10: Moving Windows 10 Pro Digital License to a new laptop

Discus and support Moving Windows 10 Pro Digital License to a new laptop in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, I just purchased a laptop that came with Windows 10 Home and I did an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro through Microsoft store via digital license. Now,... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by FatonA, Oct 31, 2018.

1. FatonA Win User

Moving Windows 10 Pro Digital License to a new laptop

Hi,

I just purchased a laptop that came with Windows 10 Home and I did an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro through Microsoft store via digital license. Now, two days after, my laptop is making tremendous noise and I will return it to manufacturer and get refunded.

When I buy a new laptop, how can I transfer the same Windows 10 Pro upgrade?

Thanks!

:)

FatonA, Oct 31, 2018

2. Windows 10 purchased digital license. Move to a new laptop

I purchased a windows 10 digital license when I upgraded my laptop. It cost $120 to activate the new upgraded windows 10 device. Now the system board on that laptop has died and the pc will not even boot.

I have another pc that I want to all windows 10 onto now to replace the broken one and want to know how I can move the already paid for Windows 10 digital license to the new machine?

Is this possible?

I have access to the old hard drive from the broken machine and can access all of its contents via usb docking was thinking of cloning it to the new laptop but do not want to bother to do this if the license is not going to work.

ToddVan Vliet, Oct 31, 2018
  3. vetooon Win User
    Transfer a Windows Pro digital license to a new laptop

I did already upgrade the new laptop to Windows 10 Pro using generic key, just having trouble activating it.

When run a troubleshooting - it says "We found Windows 10 Home digital license running Windows 10 Pro. To activate using this digital license, you need to install windows 10 Home."

Another option may be using "I changed hardware" option to swap licenses between those 2 laptops, but I'm not sure this is a right way to go...

Perhaps contacting Microsoft support to review my specific case may be the best way to go at this point.

Thank you!

vetooon, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Moving Windows 10 Pro Digital License to a new laptop

Transfer a Windows Pro digital license to a new laptop

Question, the Windows 10 Pro license you bought and upgraded to, is it the $99 upgrade or the full $199 license?

If its the $99 upgrade Microsoft says its not transferable.

If its the $199 full price license, then you should have a digital license you can use to reactivate Windows 10 Pro on the new computer.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

Moving Windows 10 Pro Digital License to a new laptop

1. Moving Windows 10 Pro Digital License to a new laptop - Similar Threads - Moving Pro Digital

2. Move win 10 Pro license to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move win 10 Pro license to new laptop: Hello, I have an older laptop that is running Win 10 Pro the PRO part was an upgrade to Win 10 home purchased on Windows store. The laptop is not feeling well and I believe it is time to replace it. Will I be able to move the PRO license from the old laptop to the new laptop...
  3. Move win 10 Pro license to new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move win 10 Pro license to new laptop: Hello, I have an older laptop that is running Win 10 Pro the PRO part was an upgrade to Win 10 home purchased on Windows store. The laptop is not feeling well and I believe it is time to replace it. Will I be able to move the PRO license from the old laptop to the new laptop...
  4. Move win 10 Pro license to new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Pro digital license key activation on new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro digital license key activation on new laptop: I have a Windows 10 Pro activated license on my old computer, I recently bought a new Laptop which comes with Windows 11 Home installed, I want to upgrade the new Laptops license to Windows 11 Pro using the Old computers key so that I can wipe the old one and sell it. The key...
  6. Unable to transfer Windows 10 Pro digital license to new laptop.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to transfer Windows 10 Pro digital license to new laptop.: Context:1 I bought a windows 8 digital license a few years ago. Directly from Microsoft.In the Microsoft page orders history, as of today, I can permanently see the product key.2 A few years later 2018, I bought a Windows 10 Pro "Upgrade" - digital license. Also directly from...
  7. How to move digital license to a new laptop?

How to move digital license to a new laptop?: Question Is there any instructions on how to move Windows 10 Pro digital license from old laptop to the new one? Details I just bought a new laptop with Windows 10 Home Single Language preinstalled. But my previous laptop has Windows 10 Pro which I got during free...
  8. Moving my Windows 10 Pro license to a new laptop

Moving my Windows 10 Pro license to a new laptop: Hello, I have two laptops, both came with Windows 10 Home pre-installed and activated. I applied my Windows 10 Pro key to one of them but now I'd like to move this license. Is it possible to do it and keep my pre-installed Windows 10 Home on the first laptop and re-use this...
  9. Can Windows 10 Pro be moved to a new computer using digital license?

Can Windows 10 Pro be moved to a new computer using digital license?: I purchased a PC with Windows 10 Home 2 years ago and afterwards upgraded to Windows 10 Pro through the Microsoft store. The activation method is a digital license. I recently bought a new PC, also with Windows 10 Home and a digital license. Can the Windows 10 Pro license be...
  10. Can't move windows 10 pro license to new laptop

Can't move windows 10 pro license to new laptop: Hi! I have laptop with windows 10 pro digital license connected with my Microsoft account. I bought new laptop and want to move my windows 10 license. I installed windows 10 pro. In activation options I choose Troubleshooting -> I changed hardware recently -> choose my old...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. move digital licence windows from laptop

2. upgrade pro refund broken machine

3. windows 10 pro digital license move

4. moving windows 10 digital license to new pc