Windows 10: Moving windows 10 pro license from my dead Surface Pro 3 to my new laptop with windows 10...

Discus and support Moving windows 10 pro license from my dead Surface Pro 3 to my new laptop with windows 10... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The subject says it all. Recently my Surface Pro 3 died and I was forced to buy a new computer. I decided on a Lenovo as a new Surface Pro was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Khun Jean, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Khun Jean Win User

Moving windows 10 pro license from my dead Surface Pro 3 to my new laptop with windows 10...

The subject says it all.

Recently my Surface Pro 3 died and I was forced to buy a new computer.

I decided on a Lenovo as a new Surface Pro was unfortunately above my available budget.

This Lenovo has windows 10 home edition pre installed and I would like to change that to the pro edition.

I understand that it is possible to move a license from one computer to another by releasing the license from the old computer and use it on the new.

As my Surface Pro is nu not functional anymore this can not be done.

How am I going to solve this problem?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

:)

Khun Jean, Jan 25, 2019
  2. myagkov-a Win User

Can't move windows 10 pro license to new laptop

Hi!

I have laptop with windows 10 pro digital license connected with my Microsoft account. I bought new laptop and want to move my windows 10 license. I installed windows 10 pro. In activation options I choose Troubleshooting -> I changed hardware recently ->
    choose my old laptop in list and get "Unable to activate windows" error without specific error code.

Is it possible to activate Windows 10 pro with digital license on new laptop?

myagkov-a, Jan 25, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Jan 25, 2019
  4. Frick Win User

Moving windows 10 pro license from my dead Surface Pro 3 to my new laptop with windows 10...

Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Moving windows 10 pro license from my dead Surface Pro 3 to my new laptop with windows 10... - Similar Threads - Moving pro license

2. Move win 10 Pro license to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move win 10 Pro license to new laptop: Hello, I have an older laptop that is running Win 10 Pro the PRO part was an upgrade to Win 10 home purchased on Windows store. The laptop is not feeling well and I believe it is time to replace it. Will I be able to move the PRO license from the old laptop to the new laptop...
  3. Move win 10 Pro license to new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move win 10 Pro license to new laptop: Hello, I have an older laptop that is running Win 10 Pro the PRO part was an upgrade to Win 10 home purchased on Windows store. The laptop is not feeling well and I believe it is time to replace it. Will I be able to move the PRO license from the old laptop to the new laptop...
  4. Move win 10 Pro license to new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Transfer Windows 10 Pro license from a dead laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows 10 Pro license from a dead laptop: Hello! A laptop I had, using a retail license of Windows 10 Pro, died a while ago and cannot be repaired - the laptop remained at the seller and he sent a replacement unit which is yet to arrive. Is there any way I can migrate the Pro license to a new machine? Thank you for...
  6. Dead? TPM screen only/Surface Pro 3/Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dead? TPM screen only/Surface Pro 3/Windows 10: Surface Pro 3, Windows 10 Contacted four times to Microsoft and every times tried, it got worst. Now they said no repair service available because Surface Pro 3 is discontinued. Full reset failed after it could recover Windows 8 original, then I rebooted with USB recovery...
  7. Windows 10 Pro license after Surface Laptop 3 replacement

Windows 10 Pro license after Surface Laptop 3 replacement: Hi there, My Surface Laptop 3 was recently replaced by Microsoft Repair Centre. The old one had Windows 10 Home version upgraded to Windows 10 Pro and paying for it of course, but replacement device has Windows 10 Home edition again. Can I have the license transferred as...
  8. Moving my Windows 10 Pro license to a new laptop

Moving my Windows 10 Pro license to a new laptop: Hello, I have two laptops, both came with Windows 10 Home pre-installed and activated. I applied my Windows 10 Pro key to one of them but now I'd like to move this license. Is it possible to do it and keep my pre-installed Windows 10 Home on the first laptop and re-use this...
  9. Can't move windows 10 pro license to new laptop

Can't move windows 10 pro license to new laptop: Hi! I have laptop with windows 10 pro digital license connected with my Microsoft account. I bought new laptop and want to move my windows 10 license. I installed windows 10 pro. In activation options I choose Troubleshooting -> I changed hardware recently -> choose my old...
  10. Moving Windows 10 Pro Digital License to a new laptop

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Moving Windows 10 Pro Digital License to a new laptop: Hi, I just purchased a laptop that came with Windows 10 Home and I did an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro through Microsoft store via digital license. Now, two days after, my laptop is making tremendous noise and I will return it to manufacturer and get refunded. When I buy a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface proi7 windows 10 pro licence

2. surface pro license rejected

3. transfer windows 10 pro license from surface laptop

4. can i transfer windows 10 license from a surface pro,
  5. transfering licence from surface pro 3 to pro 6,
  6. transfer my windows pro licence to new surface,
  7. transfer surface pro3 windows 10 pro license to new surface,
  8. moving windows 10 pro to new surface