Windows 10: Moving Windows 10 Pro (upgrade purchased from Microsoft Store) activation to new hard drive

Discus and support Moving Windows 10 Pro (upgrade purchased from Microsoft Store) activation to new hard drive in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I purchased the Windows 10 Pro upgrade in April from the Microsoft Store. I have replaced the hard drive which was built using the Create Installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Don Nedved, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Moving Windows 10 Pro (upgrade purchased from Microsoft Store) activation to new hard drive

I purchased the Windows 10 Pro upgrade in April from the Microsoft Store. I have replaced the hard drive which was built using the Create Installation Media tool. The new hard drive was successfully installed but is running Windows 10 Home. How do I transfer my Pro license to the new hard drive? FYI, I did NOT get an email from the Store with a product key.

:)

Don Nedved, Jul 16, 2019

2. Moving Windows 10 Pro (upgrade purchased from Microsoft Store) activation to new hard drive

I purchased the Windows 10 Pro upgrade in April from the Microsoft Store. I have replaced the hard drive which was built using the Create Installation Media tool. The new hard drive was successfully installed but is running Windows 10 Home. How do I transfer
    my Pro license to the new hard drive? FYI, I did NOT get an email from the Store with a product key.

Don Nedved, Jul 17, 2019
  3. warren982 Win User
    Laptop died weeks after Windows 10 Pro upgrade purchase from Windows Store

I had Windows 10 Home and purchased a Windows 10 Pro upgrade through the Windows Store. The hard drive died on this 5 1/2 year old computer and I destroyed the (encrypted) hard drive and discarded the laptop. I just bought a new laptop, undelivered as
    yet, with Windows 10 Home installed.I'm currently using a 15-year-old Thinkpad, upgraded from its original Windows XP to Vista to 10. This is not the computer I wish to upgrade to the Pro version (it's too low powered). How can I transfer to the new
    Windows 10 Home computer, yet to arrive, the Windows 10 Pro upgrade that I purchased for the last trashed laptop using the digital activation from the Windows Store? I understand that this is possible. Thanks to all.

warren982, Jul 17, 2019
  4. skippy258 Win User

Moving Windows 10 Pro (upgrade purchased from Microsoft Store) activation to new hard drive

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Moving Windows 10 Pro (upgrade purchased from Microsoft Store) activation to new hard drive [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

Moving Windows 10 Pro (upgrade purchased from Microsoft Store) activation to new hard drive

1. Moving Windows 10 Pro (upgrade purchased from Microsoft Store) activation to new hard drive - Similar Threads - Moving Pro upgrade

2. Can't activate Windows 10 Pro purchased from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate Windows 10 Pro purchased from Microsoft Store: I installed W10Pro on a new PC using USB installation media.Was prompted to activate Windows and sent to the microsoft store to purchase a license.I purchased a license for W10Pro.I didn't get an activation key so I can't use the cmdprompt solution posted on the forums.I...
  3. can not upgrade to windows 10 pro after purchasing from microsoft store

can not upgrade to windows 10 pro after purchasing from microsoft store: I purchased a new Dell computer and then purchased the Windows 10 Pro upgrade from microsoft store and it will not install.The message says: " We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a vailid digital license or product key." Do not understand what to...
  4. Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store, but Windows installed...

Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store, but Windows installed...: Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store, but I believe Windows installed a deactivated enterprise. The installation failed during installation process and I received the following errors 0x80072EE7 and 0x80070005. Under Activation, it shows Windows 10...
  5. Purchased Win10 Pro Upgrade from store, will not activate

Purchased Win10 Pro Upgrade from store, will not activate: The computer came with Win10 Home. I purchased a Win10 Pro upgrade from the Miicrosoft store. Now on the activation page it states I have Windows 10 Enterprisewhich I did not purchase - I purchase Windows 10 Professional upgrade. It also states "We can't activate Windows on...
  6. Cannot activate Windows 10 pro upgrade purchased from Windows Store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot activate Windows 10 pro upgrade purchased from Windows Store: Ipurchased Windows 10 pro installed as Enterpriseupgrade upgraded from Win 10 home from Microsoft Store on 1/6/21. Downloaded and installed with no problem. Supposed to be a digital activation, but that did not occur. Now I get daily reminders to activate before I can...
  7. WINDOWS 10 Pro upgrade purchased from Microsoft Store will not activate

WINDOWS 10 Pro upgrade purchased from Microsoft Store will not activate: Brought new Dell PC with Windows 10 Home installed 2 days ago. I immediately purchased Windows Pro 10 upgrade through Windows Store App. Paid for and downloaded no problem. Once done rebooted fine and joined the PC to the network domain. Next morning I find "TEST DISPLAY"...
  8. Moving hard drive to new upgraded hardware???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving hard drive to new upgraded hardware???: I am helping my friend, who’s motherboard has died. What do I have to do to move his hard drive w/ Windows 10 Pro 1909 v18363.815, to a new motherboard & processer? The core is from: Intel i5 4690 to i7 9700 Can I use his current installed windows in new hardware???...
  9. Windows Pro - purchased from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Pro - purchased from Microsoft Store: Hi, a few weeks ago I upgraded from Windows 10 Home edition to Pro as I was needing to work from home with this Covid-19 going around. I purchased from Microsoft Store, it was paid using my credit card which has been debited, but it looks like it was corrupted. I have never...
  10. Activation of a STORE Purchase Windows 10 Pro

Activation of a STORE Purchase Windows 10 Pro: I built a new computer and installed W10 pro via a download. I went to the store and purchased a W10 pro license and paid for it. The window closed and I got nothing. I got an email saying I had made the purchase, still no license. When I go to my order details, I can...