Windows 10: Moving windows 10 retail to another PC

Discus and support Moving windows 10 retail to another PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello. I have the following problem. I have windows 10 Retail (i used the slmgr -dli command to check) installed on a PC which I will replace in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mike11357, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Mike11357 Win User

Moving windows 10 retail to another PC

Hello. I have the following problem. I have windows 10 Retail (i used the slmgr -dli command to check) installed on a PC which I will replace in the near future. I have installed the same version on a new PC in order to use that one instead. I have used the slmgr /upk and slmgr /cpky to remove the license from my old PC so that I can use it on the new one. Unfortunately I was unable to activate my windows 10 on the new PC, getting the error code 0xC004C003. What am I doing wrong?

:)

Mike11357, Sep 28, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 28, 2019
  3. TRWOV Win User
    TRWOV, Sep 28, 2019
  4. sabgenton Win User

Has anyone moved the free windows 10 'Retail version' to another PC successfully?

I read on a questions and answers thread on Microsofts website that the free Windows 10 becomes the type it was upgraded from (e.g retail version).

Other threads seem to conclude it still acts like an OEM even in the case of the retail version binding only to the hardware it was first installed on.

Has anybody managed to reinstall Windows 10 on a new computer upgraded from a retail windows, or did it lock to the First hardware?

The EULA states "you may transfer the software to another device that belongs to you" so it looks possible ...

Steps to try:

• Install windows 7/8.1 retail on machine A
    • Upgrade to windows 10 for free.
    • Uninstall windows completely from machine A
    • Install the same windows 7/8 retail on machine B
    • Upgrade to windows 10 again (here's hoping)

If someone has already done the first to steps feel free to try see if it works!

I personally don't want to try the first to steps just in case I can't transfer it after if anyone has done this or has some insight please let me know.

sabgenton, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Moving windows 10 retail to another PC - Similar Threads - Moving retail another

2. Moving my Retail Win10 to a new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving my Retail Win10 to a new PC: Hi all,I have a retail version of Win10 on my current 10-year old PC and have located the partial product key and other details found via the command prompt. I'm ordering a new custom PC and obviously want to transfer my Win10 across. After a quick online search, the...
  3. Transferring license to another pc with Windows 10 retail

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring license to another pc with Windows 10 retail: Hi, I have been getting so many mixed message regarding "retail" not OEM version of Windows 10 that I just want to get some confirmation. Can windows 10 pro retail transferable to another pc infinitely as long it's tied to one pc? Some shops told me that there is a limit to...
  4. Windows 10 Retail activation on another PC without product key

Windows 10 Retail activation on another PC without product key: I bought a windows 7 many years ago, and upgraded to windows 10 when it came out. My windows is retail, so as I know I can deactivate and install on another PC. I'm about to replace my computer, but my product key for the old windows 7 is lost in the past. How can I activate...
  5. moving windows 10 to another pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    moving windows 10 to another pc: I know microsoft hates proficiency and productivity but just in case there is an actual way to do it- - how do I prepare a Windows 10 upgrade on a cloned drive for use in another computer that is being used by another person at the same time? To be more clear, in the past...
  6. Move windows 10 from one PC to another

Move windows 10 from one PC to another: When I bought this PC it came with Windows 8, then I got the free upgrade to Windows 10. I am changing the PC now but I am not able to move the windows 10 to that new pc, is that not allowed? I tried entering the product key, it did not work, then I tried activating from...
  7. Moving WIndows 10 Pro to another PC

Moving WIndows 10 Pro to another PC: Hello, I have a question about Windows 10 Pro. Currently, I've got Windows 10 Home on my PC that was preinstalled by the manufacturer. I thought about updating it to Windows 10 Pro via buying the update on Microsoft Store. However, I'm not sure if I'll be able to move this...
  8. Moving windows 10 from 1 PC to another

Moving windows 10 from 1 PC to another: Back in, probably 2010, I bought Windows 7 from the MS store. Then in 2014, I got the free upgrade to Windows 10, and a few times I've re-installed windows on that PC, and it all went fine because it said it was using my Digital licence linked to my MS outlook account....
  9. How to move a retail license to another VM.

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How to move a retail license to another VM.: If I create a VM and activate it with a retail license and at a later date want to move it to another VM, how would I do that without having an issue with the activation on the new VM? 137234
  10. Moving Win10 (upgrade Win7 Full Retail Licence) to another PC

Moving Win10 (upgrade Win7 Full Retail Licence) to another PC: Hi I have on my laptop a win10 pro installation that was a fresh install using the win7 pro (retail) key. I have just used ShowKeyPlus and it says that a "Windows 7 OEM marker present in firmware". Is this correct? Does it stop me from moving this licence to a new laptop?...