Windows 10: Moving Windows 10 to a different drive

Discus and support Moving Windows 10 to a different drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I just recently purchased a WD-Black M.2 Drive for my PC. I want to move Windows 10 from my HDD to my M.2 Drive so I can get better boot times.I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Shanejohn13, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Moving Windows 10 to a different drive

Hello, I just recently purchased a WD-Black M.2 Drive for my PC. I want to move Windows 10 from my HDD to my M.2 Drive so I can get better boot times.I have seen many YouTube videos on how to clone my HDD to my M.2 but I only want to move my Windows installation. Would this be possible with only moving Windows? Thank You,Shane

:)

Shanejohn13, Jun 13, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 13, 2021
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jun 13, 2021
  4. hellrazor Win User

Moving Windows 10 to a different drive

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

Moving Windows 10 to a different drive

1. Moving Windows 10 to a different drive - Similar Threads - Moving different drive

2. Move windows image to different drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move windows image to different drive: I have two SSDs in my system, one 250gb That's the one with my windows image on it, and a 2tb SSD. My boot drive fills up too fast with the stuff I do, and I was wondering how hard it is to move my windows image to the bigger 2tb drive and just get rid of the other drive....
  3. Move windows image to different drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move windows image to different drive: I have two SSDs in my system, one 250gb That's the one with my windows image on it, and a 2tb SSD. My boot drive fills up too fast with the stuff I do, and I was wondering how hard it is to move my windows image to the bigger 2tb drive and just get rid of the other drive....
  4. moving windows 10 intact to a different drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    moving windows 10 intact to a different drive.: is it possible to move my windows 10 onto another drive within my pc, my ssd drive says its full and i want to move it to a bigger drive while keeping my files intact, is that possible ?...
  5. moving windows 10 intact to a different drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    moving windows 10 intact to a different drive.: is it possible to move my windows 10 onto another drive within my pc, my ssd drive says its full and i want to move it to a bigger drive while keeping my files intact, is that possible ?...
  6. moving windows 10 intact to a different drive.

7. Downloading windows on a different drive and moving that drive to a different pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloading windows on a different drive and moving that drive to a different pc: So, is it possible to remove a hard drive from a pc and replace it with a different hdd and install windows 10 pro with a disc and after it’s done installing, can i just remove the hdd and put it in a new pc and put the other hdd back?...
  8. Downloading windows on a different drive and moving that drive to a different pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading windows on a different drive and moving that drive to a different pc: So, is it possible to remove a hard drive from a pc and replace it with a different hdd and install windows 10 pro with a disc and after it’s done installing, can i just remove the hdd and put it in a new pc and put the other hdd back?...
  9. Downloading windows on a different drive and moving that drive to a different pc

10. moving MSFS20 to a different drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    moving MSFS20 to a different drive?: I bought MSFS on steam and chose my f: drive (HD) - OS Win10 for the installation everything works fine, but now I would like to move it to my e: drive (SSD) the only info I found was this: "from Windows settings from the start menu, go to apps. Find the app you want to...