Windows 10: Moving Windows 10 to a new motherboard

Discus and support Moving Windows 10 to a new motherboard in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Summary: Can I move the SSD with my Windows 10 OS OEM license which is digitally connected with my MS account to my new motherboard, and sign in with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mr Sir, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Mr Sir Win User

Moving Windows 10 to a new motherboard

Summary: Can I move the SSD with my Windows 10 OS OEM license which is digitally connected with my MS account to my new motherboard, and sign in with my MS account to reactivate my license?I would like to address the potential problem in advance, instead of risking having to deal with it after the motherboard change is done.Short about the context:I am upgrading some vital parts of my PC, here included the Motherboard, CPU, and RAM. I am keeping my GPU, 2 storage drives, and my PSU.On my main NVME drive, I have my Windows 10 OS + license, that I absolutely must carry over, meaning a fresh W

:)

Mr Sir, Nov 24, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 24, 2022
  3. Purchased Windows 10 pro retail version and want to move it to a new motherboard

Yes, a retail purchased license includes unlimited transfer rights. Its a full version and you can move to new motherboard without hindrance. Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Nov 24, 2022
  4. hellrazor Win User

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

1. Moving Windows 10 to a new motherboard - Similar Threads - Moving motherboard

2. Can i move a sata ssd with windows 11 pro to a new motherboard that says it has windows 10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i move a sata ssd with windows 11 pro to a new motherboard that says it has windows 10...: I currently have a 256gb sata ssd with windows 11 pro boost drive, 1tb hdd with files that i can put in a usb and a m.2 ssd with games. I currently have a new motherboard coming and it says it has windows 10 on the motherboard description and i was wondering if me putting my...
  3. Can i move a sata ssd with windows 11 pro to a new motherboard that says it has windows 10...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can i move a sata ssd with windows 11 pro to a new motherboard that says it has windows 10...: I currently have a 256gb sata ssd with windows 11 pro boost drive, 1tb hdd with files that i can put in a usb and a m.2 ssd with games. I currently have a new motherboard coming and it says it has windows 10 on the motherboard description and i was wondering if me putting my...
  4. how to move win11 license from dead motherboard

how to move win11 license from dead motherboard: Googling I read that I can uninstall retail win11, then install on another system. However, the motherboard is dead, so cannot uninstall. Can I just delete it from my Microsoft account similar to deleting one of my 365 family shares?Is this explained better somewhere? I...
  5. how to move win11 license from dead motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to move win11 license from dead motherboard: Googling I read that I can uninstall retail win11, then install on another system. However, the motherboard is dead, so cannot uninstall. Can I just delete it from my Microsoft account similar to deleting one of my 365 family shares?Is this explained better somewhere? I...
  6. can i simpy move my SSD with windows 10 pro on it from one motherboard to another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    can i simpy move my SSD with windows 10 pro on it from one motherboard to another: Hello I hope you can assist me PleaseI dont have a product key because Windows 10 pro was a free upgrade, so i have a digital entitlement, but can i use the Windows 10 generic key to activate Windows 10 pro on my New Motherboard ?so as far a i can tell i should not have to...
  7. can i simpy move my SSD with windows 10 pro on it from one motherboard to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i simpy move my SSD with windows 10 pro on it from one motherboard to another: Hello I hope you can assist me PleaseI dont have a product key because Windows 10 pro was a free upgrade, so i have a digital entitlement, but can i use the Windows 10 generic key to activate Windows 10 pro on my New Motherboard ?so as far a i can tell i should not have to...
  8. can i simpy move my SSD with windows 10 pro on it from one motherboard to another

9. Can i move my ssd to another motherboard with windows 10 installed and all my personal...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can i move my ssd to another motherboard with windows 10 installed and all my personal...: Im about to upgrade my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-move-my-ssd-to-another-motherboard-with/684bfb06-5e70-405c-be2e-4968e2dd372c
  10. Can i move my ssd to another motherboard with windows 10 installed and all my personal...

Can i move my ssd to another motherboard with windows 10 installed and all my personal...: Im about to upgrade my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-move-my-ssd-to-another-motherboard-with/684bfb06-5e70-405c-be2e-4968e2dd372c