Windows 10: Moving Windows 10 to a new motherboard

Discus and support Moving Windows 10 to a new motherboard in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Summary: Can I move the SSD with my Windows 10 OS OEM license which is digitally connected with my MS account to my new motherboard, and sign in with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mr Sir, Nov 24, 2022 at 11:57 AM.

1. Mr Sir Win User

Moving Windows 10 to a new motherboard

Summary: Can I move the SSD with my Windows 10 OS OEM license which is digitally connected with my MS account to my new motherboard, and sign in with my MS account to reactivate my license?I would like to address the potential problem in advance, instead of risking having to deal with it after the motherboard change is done.Short about the context:I am upgrading some vital parts of my PC, here included the Motherboard, CPU, and RAM. I am keeping my GPU, 2 storage drives, and my PSU.On my main NVME drive, I have my Windows 10 OS + license, that I absolutely must carry over, meaning a fresh W

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

3. Purchased Windows 10 pro retail version and want to move it to a new motherboard

Yes, a retail purchased license includes unlimited transfer rights. Its a full version and you can move to new motherboard without hindrance. Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Nov 24, 2022 at 11:59 AM
  4. hellrazor Win User

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

Thema:

1. Moving Windows 10 to a new motherboard - Similar Threads - Moving motherboard

2. Moving Windows 10 to a new motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Windows 10 to a new motherboard: Summary: Can I move the SSD with my Windows 10 OS OEM license which is digitally connected with my MS account to my new motherboard, and sign in with my MS account to reactivate my license?I would like to address the potential problem in advance, instead of risking having to...
  3. Moving Windows 10 to a new motherboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving Windows 10 to a new motherboard: Summary: Can I move the SSD with my Windows 10 OS OEM license which is digitally connected with my MS account to my new motherboard, and sign in with my MS account to reactivate my license?I would like to address the potential problem in advance, instead of risking having to...
  4. Anyone have experience with moving GPT mirrored boot drives to a new motherboard?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone have experience with moving GPT mirrored boot drives to a new motherboard?: Can't find this with Google. I have two 2TB SSDs mirrored with Windows that are my boot drives, and I need to move them to a new motherboard. Same CPU and everything else. Will this cause any problems, or is there a special way I need to do it? Edit: I'm running Windows 10...
  5. Moving Temp Windows Files Location after switching motherboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving Temp Windows Files Location after switching motherboard: I have 5 current drives on my PC. I have switched my temp windows files locations folder to my D: drive so my main C drive (480gb) does not get clogged up. Before upgrading to a new motherboard, can i just switch the location of this folder to my C drive, install the new...
  6. Wanna replace the motherboard and CPU and move Windows 10 to the new build and remove it...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Wanna replace the motherboard and CPU and move Windows 10 to the new build and remove it...: Hello! My Windows 10 is a free upgrade from a genuine physical copy of Windows 7 still have the package and it is activated. Does this combination allow me to move Windows 10 to a new computer? New motherboard and CPU make it a new computer, I believe. I linked Windows...
  7. Best practice to move existing system drive to new motherboard/CPU?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Best practice to move existing system drive to new motherboard/CPU?: UnfortunatelyI am starting to feel the upgrade itch. Its been over 4 years and a new series of Intel desktop CPUs has launched. All I might change are CPU and motherboard---not RAM. Im seriously considering NOT doing my normal clean install, partially out of curiosity about...
  8. Moving SSD windows 10 pro to a new motherboard

Moving SSD windows 10 pro to a new motherboard: Planning on upgrading CPu/GPU/RAM/motherboard but I hate reinstalling everything as my current set up of installed softwares are already optimal. Any way i can move my SSD with the OS to the new motherboard without reinstalling? Windows 10 pro wasn't preinstalled, it was a...
  9. Moving Windows to a new CPU and Motherboard

Moving Windows to a new CPU and Motherboard: Hi, I am upgrading my motherboard and wonder what will happen when I move my version of windows to this new piece of hardware. I have my Microsoft account linked to my digital license, so I have heard that when booting on the new motherboard ASUS STRIX Z390-E Windows will do...
  10. How can I move my windows license from a bad motherboard to another of same make?

How can I move my windows license from a bad motherboard to another of same make?: I have two Gigabyte G41M-ES2L boards. OLD I know but read on please. One was working. It was upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 during the free upgrade period. The other may have had windows XP on it, but never anything more. The one that was working with windows...