Windows 10: Moving Windows 10 to a new PC

Discus and support Moving Windows 10 to a new PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 activated and installed on my SSD in my current computer. I will be getting a new build soon with a M.2 SSD. I want to move the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Reimochi, Aug 1, 2020 at 3:12 PM.

1. Moving Windows 10 to a new PC

I have Windows 10 activated and installed on my SSD in my current computer. I will be getting a new build soon with a M.2 SSD. I want to move the Windows that I have to my M.2 in the new build.

How can I go about doing this? Do I just make a recovery drive from my old computer and then boot up and install it on the new computer, then fully clean my old SSD and add it to my new build? Any pointers will be highly appreciated.

submitted by /u/Reimochi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Reimochi, Aug 1, 2020 at 3:12 PM
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

4. r.h.p Win User

Moving Windows 10 to a new PC

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

Thema:

Moving Windows 10 to a new PC

1. Moving Windows 10 to a new PC - Similar Threads - Moving

2. Moving file/folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving file/folders: I have a Predator gaming laptop I added a 4tb external drive because I was running out of internal drive space, I have it set so that everything possible will go to that drive. Problem is that while some things load to that drive, addon or mods download to a different folder...
  3. I can't move my cursor, but I can left click and right click.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't move my cursor, but I can left click and right click.: Hello! I got a Glorious Model O from PCGamingRace about 2-3 weeks ago, and everything worked fine until today. I was playing and suddenly, my mouse disconnected, the RGB lights went off, and I heard the Windows sound that plays when you unplug a USB device from your...
  4. Documents disappeared after moving them to hard disk?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents disappeared after moving them to hard disk?: I wanted to move my documents to a hard drive, as my SSD was already quite full. Then I selected L:\ and now the documents seem to have become a path to L:\. I cannot restore the default folder, then it says "Error creating the list of regular subdirectories under L:\System...
  5. Programs become large when moved, why?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Programs become large when moved, why?: Hello, I use 2 monitors with my PC (Windows 10). Whenever I want to move a program and drag it away with the cursor, it is displayed on the whole monitor, which is quite annoying... Does anyone know a solution for this problem ? Many thanks in advance MfG Aki...
  6. Upgrading and moving W10 to an SSD.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading and moving W10 to an SSD.: Hi, so I have a question regarding W10, SSD, HDD, and transferring W10 from the HDD to the SSD, making the SSD the boot drive and erasing all the data from the HDD to use as a mass storage device. The reason I am asking is because one of my friends is going upgrade his build...
  7. Trying to move my Office365 Outlook pst file to another drive

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Trying to move my Office365 Outlook pst file to another drive: Hi all, I have finished a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro to a new NVMe drive. I installed Office 365 but the Outlook pst file is located in my Documents folder on C:/ . I want to move it to a large HDD In this PC rather. I tried moving the pst file across to the HDD and...
  8. "System Thread Exception Not Handled" after upgrading ssd, moving mobo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "System Thread Exception Not Handled" after upgrading ssd, moving mobo: I can't boot into Windows, so I am unable to provide log files (sorry). Running Windows 10 Home x64 (I think 1909) on an i7-3770k, ASRock Z77 Extreme4, 16gb ram, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 I tried to upgrade the SSD to a 1tb from my 256gb one (both Samsung EVO, I think going...
  9. Game crashes while playing after I moved it to the D drive on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game crashes while playing after I moved it to the D drive on my computer: I am trying to run Sea of Thieves through steam, and I had the problem of the game crashing randomly while playing after moving the game to my secondary drive. I tried to find a solution, but I couldn't, so earlier today I completely factory reset my computer. After doing...
  10. Move individual applications on the taskbar to the right?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Move individual applications on the taskbar to the right?: hello, is it possible, if yes how, to move single applications that are attached to the taskbar e.g. to the right side? i don't want to move the complete applications of my taskbar, just arrange two applications on the right instead of the other ones on the left. LG...