Windows 10: Moving Windows 10 to a new PC

Discus and support Moving Windows 10 to a new PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 activated and installed on my SSD in my current computer. I will be getting a new build soon with a M.2 SSD. I want to move the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Reimochi, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Moving Windows 10 to a new PC

I have Windows 10 activated and installed on my SSD in my current computer. I will be getting a new build soon with a M.2 SSD. I want to move the Windows that I have to my M.2 in the new build.

How can I go about doing this? Do I just make a recovery drive from my old computer and then boot up and install it on the new computer, then fully clean my old SSD and add it to my new build? Any pointers will be highly appreciated.

submitted by /u/Reimochi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Reimochi, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 1, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Aug 1, 2020
  4. r.h.p Win User

Moving Windows 10 to a new PC

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Moving Windows 10 to a new PC

1. Moving Windows 10 to a new PC - Similar Threads - Moving

2. Move data from hard disk to external hard disk without installed Windows version?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move data from hard disk to external hard disk without installed Windows version?: I wanted to reinstall it because my Windows "broke" it. Now I have no space for Windows on the full hard disk Do I have to delete them? https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/daten-von-festplatte-auf-externe-festplatte-legen-ohne-installierte-windows-version
  3. trying to move files in the windows background thing (?)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    trying to move files in the windows background thing (?): [ATTACH] when i try and move my files it automatically snaps so its right below another file/gets sandwiched between them, i've updated recently and idk if this is a new feature and i have no idea whats its under in settings in order to change it.idk how to google it...
  4. When I start an app then move to another virtual desktop the app starts in the other...

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I start an app then move to another virtual desktop the app starts in the other...: It's really annoying because I like to have 1 virtual desktop open for Zoom and 1 open for Google docs and slides and whatever study material I need. Then when the teacher enters breakout rooms zoom closes then re-opens, and if I'm in the desktop for study material then the...
  5. Moving my ssd to a different computer with no need to keep any past files. Is there...

Moving my ssd to a different computer with no need to keep any past files. Is there...: As stated, I got a new pc and want to put an old ssd on it. I already have the same files on a different ssd, so there’s no need to keep them. I can’t find any methods of factory resetting the ssd, so my plan was to just delete everything, but a lot of the drivers seem...
  6. Moving windows to a new drive

Moving windows to a new drive: Long story short, I accidentaly installed windows on my hard drive rather than my SSD and all of my files are on my hard drive. Is there any way I can get them transferred or will I have to do a clean reinstall and will I need to buy a new windows key if thats the case?...
  7. How do move windows to my SSD?

How do move windows to my SSD?: I do not have a Samsung SSD so I can't use their data migration tool submitted by /u/SmollBollBob [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i95p6j/how_do_move_windows_to_my_ssd/
  8. How many time to move the windows key to another mainboard and How I can move Home to Pro...

How many time to move the windows key to another mainboard and How I can move Home to Pro...: How many times to move the windows key to another mainboard? I got a problem with the mainboard and want to change it. But I have moved the key last year from the old mainboard. can I move it for a new one? How I can move Home to Pro version? I got a problem with...
  9. I have a licensed Windows 10 Pro system on an old computer that I would like to move to a...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have a licensed Windows 10 Pro system on an old computer that I would like to move to a...: I have a licensed Windows 10 Pro system on an old computer that I would like to move to a new computer. I thought that I had the proper code. however, my new computer will not accept it. Is there a way to activate this. Is there a way to have my new computer use my non OEM...
  10. Can't move game to different drive

Can't move game to different drive: [ATTACH] I am trying to Move Forza Horrizon 4 to my HDD because my ssd is running low on space. But if I go into the settings the button to move an application is greyed out. the reason for that seems to be that there is an update for the game. The problem is that I can't...