Windows 10: Moving Windows 10 to an SSD from HDD

Discus and support Moving Windows 10 to an SSD from HDD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I'm upgrading my current PC replacing mobo, cpu, ram, and adding an m.2 ssd but I would like to transfer windows 10, and only windows 10 to the ssd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sawyer78, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Sawyer78 Win User

Moving Windows 10 to an SSD from HDD

So I'm upgrading my current PC replacing mobo, cpu, ram, and adding an m.2 ssd but I would like to transfer windows 10, and only windows 10 to the ssd to be the boot drive and game storage device while keeping the hdd and what's on it intact, what would be the best way to go about doing this?

:)

Sawyer78, Oct 1, 2020
  2. AlecYM Win User

Moving windows 10 from ssd to hdd.

Hi, I was wondering if I would be able to move my Windows 10 from my HDD to my new SSD.

AlecYM, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Window 10 Home OEM , HDD to SSD transfer(Move)

I just want to move my Window 10 home OEM from my HDD to SSD. so i clone my window to SSD. change 1st boot priority to SSD. but when i try to start my Laptop its boot from HDD not from SSD. so without boot from SSD i can't format HDD system partition and
    can't use SSD as system

ravi kalathiya, Oct 1, 2020
  4. Moving Windows 10 to an SSD from HDD

Move Windows 10 from installed hdd to installed ssd

If you want to move it from hard disk, system image or cloning would be your options:

Choose system image if the SSD is equal in size or larger than hard disk:

Choose cloning if its not:

How to Clone or Move Your Windows 10 Installation to a Larger Hard Disk or SSD

OR

You can remove the hard disk, reinstall Windows 10 directly to SSD, reattach the hard drive and format it.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

Moving Windows 10 to an SSD from HDD

1. Moving Windows 10 to an SSD from HDD - Similar Threads - Moving SSD HDD

2. Moving Windows from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving Windows from HDD to SSD: Hi everyone! I have bought my PC(came with both HDD and SSD) more than a year ago and my Windows on a DVD which I stupidly installed on my HDD(and waiting 10 min every time i wanted to turn it on), but for this whole time i didn't have my SSD storage available. Today tho i...
  3. Moving files from SSD to HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving files from SSD to HDD: I want to transfer all the files execpt the ones required to boot up Windows from my SSD to the HDD to keep my SSD free as it is a low capacity one. I have tried many methods posted online but couldn't do anything about it and I need the steps to be explained in such a way...
  4. Moving Windows 10 OS from HDD to SSD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving Windows 10 OS from HDD to SSD?: Hi, so I bought a 250GB SSD so that I can transfer my windows OS and some other files from my 2TB HDD so that things could move much more smoother and faster? Is there any way I can do this? submitted by /u/KongOG789243 [link] [comments]...
  5. Is it possible to move windows from HDD to SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to move windows from HDD to SSD?: Good morning I will buy a new pc with a hdd and ne ssd soon. Only now when I turn it on and windows 10 is installed I don't know if the OS will install itself into the HDD or SSD but I would like to have the OS in the SSD because it is faster. But if this is installed to...
  6. Move data from ssd to hdd?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move data from ssd to hdd?: I built my pc yesterday, installed everything and my 250gb ssd is already full. How can I move my files from the ssd to the hdd? Thanks a lot! Daten von ssd auf hdd verschieben?
  7. Moving Windows to an SSD from an HDD

Moving Windows to an SSD from an HDD: I have a copy of Windows 8, however, when I went to reinstall Windows, it transferred automatically to Windows 10. I am looking to reinstall windows onto the SSD, but I am afraid that something may go wrong during the transfer, whether it be a problem with windows trying to...
  8. How to move window from HDD to SSD

How to move window from HDD to SSD: How to move window from HDD to SSD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-window-from-hdd-to-ssd/e943886a-a104-4826-95b3-1ccda93b1107
  9. Moving from HDD to SSD

Moving from HDD to SSD: Hello, I recently decided to buy a new 1TB SSD to “replace” my current and only HDD. I’ve been using my HDD for some time now and I wanted to make the SSD my windows 10 boot drive but I’m not sure how to do this. I wanted to make it a clean install so I can add my programs...
  10. move windows os from ssd to hdd

move windows os from ssd to hdd: How to move windows os from ssd to hdd. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-windows-os-from-ssd-to-hdd/bb3498ed-d913-4da0-b429-c86bfcd6ad21