Windows 10: Moving windows 10 to another drive

Discus and support Moving windows 10 to another drive in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all, So I installed a NVMe drive on my desktop computer. My windows 10 install right now is on a SATA drive, and I would like to move it to my NVMe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Tuckplace, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Tuckplace Win User

Moving windows 10 to another drive

Hi all,

So I installed a NVMe drive on my desktop computer. My windows 10 install right now is on a SATA drive, and I would like to move it to my NVMe drive as I want to get faster load times and all. Any ideas? The only way I know of is to totally reinstall windows, which would lose my activation I think?

Thank you

:)

Tuckplace, Dec 12, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 12, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Dec 12, 2020
  4. hellrazor Win User

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Moving windows 10 to another drive - Similar Threads - Moving another drive

2. Moving windows 10 drive to another SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving windows 10 drive to another SSD: Need to replace my current SSD. Does Windows 10 come with some kind of cloning program so I can just move my copy of Windows to the new SSD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-windows-10-drive-to-another-ssd/8ec2f84b-6438-4ae9-b2d8-0d81f535ed0c
  3. Moving windows 10 drive to another SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving windows 10 drive to another SSD: Need to replace my current SSD. Does Windows 10 come with some kind of cloning program so I can just move my copy of Windows to the new SSD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-windows-10-drive-to-another-ssd/8ec2f84b-6438-4ae9-b2d8-0d81f535ed0c
  4. Moving windows 10 drive to another SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Move drive with Windows to another computer

Move drive with Windows to another computer: If I move my SSD, with Windows OS on it, from one PC to another PC, will that other PC boot to windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-drive-with-windows-to-another-computer/ad052ecc-db9a-476c-be30-1d7808545802
  6. Move drive with Windows to another computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Move drive with Windows to another computer: If I move my SSD, with Windows OS on it, from one PC to another PC, will that other PC boot to windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-drive-with-windows-to-another-computer/ad052ecc-db9a-476c-be30-1d7808545802
  7. Moving Windows to another hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Windows to another hard drive: i have my laptod with Windows 10 Pro 21H1 on Sata Drive 1TB. Now i have added an SSD 250GB Hard with it for faster processing. I want to move my complete OS to new SSD without loosing my softwares and file. What should i do. I will keep using the old drive as extension drive...
  8. Moving Windows to another hard drive

Moving Windows to another hard drive: i have my laptod with Windows 10 Pro 21H1 on Sata Drive 1TB. Now i have added an SSD 250GB Hard with it for faster processing. I want to move my complete OS to new SSD without loosing my softwares and file. What should i do. I will keep using the old drive as extension drive...
  9. Moving Windows 10 to another drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving Windows 10 to another drive: I recently reset my pc and windows got installed on the hdd instead of the ssd. I need to move it, because it's much slower now than before. So how do i do just that? How do i move windows 10 to another drive?...
  10. Move Apps to another Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Move Apps to another Drive in Windows 10: How to: Move Apps to another Drive in Windows 10 How to Move Apps to another Drive in Windows 10 In Windows 10, users can move their installed Windows apps from the Store to another drive. The default location is This PC on the Windows C: drive in the...