Windows 10: Moving windows 10 to new SSD

Discus and support Moving windows 10 to new SSD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I recently bought a new Samsung 1 TB SSD for my computer, mainly for more storage but also for a faster boot up. I want to move my OS, windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by epacheco91, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Moving windows 10 to new SSD

Hello! I recently bought a new Samsung 1 TB SSD for my computer, mainly for more storage but also for a faster boot up. I want to move my OS, windows 10, from my current 500GB SSD to my new 1TB SSD. I still have the orginal Windows 10 USB Flash AND the key code provided to me when i purchased this OS for my build. Would I be able to just wipe clean my current 500GB SSD, pop in my new 1TB SSD and reinstall windows just by inserting the windows 10 flash drive and keybode i have? Could it be that simple? All i have is games installed on it and i dont mind reinstalling the game on the new drive afterwards. What are my options here? I appreciate any and all replies! Thank you in advance!

:)

epacheco91, Mar 25, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 25, 2021
  3. Move SSD (with windows 10) from old to new desktop

Hello Greg,

I may try your suggestion of moving the SSD and buying a new windows 10 license. I also marked question answered in your first post.

In hindsight, I should have not upgraded to W10 and saved $139. Then built the new PC & bought a new W10 license.

Rajesh

Rajesh_rpv, Mar 25, 2021
  4. Moving windows 10 to new SSD

Moving Windows 10 to new SSD drive

How can i move Windows 10 to a new SSD?

TimCorbett1, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

Moving windows 10 to new SSD

1. Moving windows 10 to new SSD - Similar Threads - Moving SSD

2. SSD contents mostly empty when moved to new PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD contents mostly empty when moved to new PC: I am trying to move contents from an old PC with windows 10 to a new PC with windows 11. What I've done is connect a new SSD to the old PC so I can directly copy all of the files. The operation appears to finish without any issues. And when I right click properties of the...
  3. SSD contents mostly empty when moved to new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD contents mostly empty when moved to new PC: I am trying to move contents from an old PC with windows 10 to a new PC with windows 11. What I've done is connect a new SSD to the old PC so I can directly copy all of the files. The operation appears to finish without any issues. And when I right click properties of the...
  4. SSD contents mostly empty when moved to new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I move my windows 10 to my new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I move my windows 10 to my new SSD: I have a hard drive that currently has Windows 10 installed on it. Recently, I got an SSD to upgrade the boot speeds. How do I go about updating it?...
  6. How do I move my windows 10 to my new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move my windows 10 to my new SSD: I have a hard drive that currently has Windows 10 installed on it. Recently, I got an SSD to upgrade the boot speeds. How do I go about updating it?...
  7. How do I move my windows 10 to my new SSD

8. How do i move my windows along all its files from the ssd it is on to another ssd?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i move my windows along all its files from the ssd it is on to another ssd?: I recently upgraded my pc along with a bigger M.2 ssd and i just cant move my windows.These are my drives. ignore local disk D i initially had windows on local disk E and moved it manually CTRL+C, CTRL+V basically to the actual disk, C. now i want to do the same with Local...
  9. How do i move my windows along all its files from the ssd it is on to another ssd?

How do i move my windows along all its files from the ssd it is on to another ssd?: I recently upgraded my pc along with a bigger M.2 ssd and i just cant move my windows.These are my drives. ignore local disk D i initially had windows on local disk E and moved it manually CTRL+C, CTRL+V basically to the actual disk, C. now i want to do the same with Local...
  10. How do i move my windows along all its files from the ssd it is on to another ssd?

in Windows 10 Gaming