Windows 10: Moving Windows 7 from one PC to another - can it be done ?

Discus and support Moving Windows 7 from one PC to another - can it be done ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I have Windows 7 Home Prem OA pre installed on an elderly Acer laptop and I have a product key sticker on the underneath of the Acer laptop. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MikeyT201, Jan 29, 2021.

1. MikeyT201 Win User

Moving Windows 7 from one PC to another - can it be done ?

Hi

I have Windows 7 Home Prem OA pre installed on an elderly Acer laptop and I have a product key sticker on the underneath of the Acer laptop.

I would like to move it over to my MacBook Pro on a dual boot system.

Is is possible and allowed to move over Windows 7 to another laptop, I will not use the old Acer one.
    If so, then I will probably look to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 if it works.

Any advice and help is much appreciated, thank you.
    Mike

:)

MikeyT201, Jan 29, 2021
  2. hellrazor Win User

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Jan 29, 2021
  3. TRWOV Win User
    TRWOV, Jan 29, 2021
  4. Moving Windows 7 from one PC to another - can it be done ?

Windows 8.1, and Why You Should Let Go of Windows 7

I got you all beat.

Step 1, there is no step 1.

Step 2, there is no step 1.

You already have win7.

PopcornMachine, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

Moving Windows 7 from one PC to another - can it be done ?

1. Moving Windows 7 from one PC to another - can it be done ? - Similar Threads - Moving another done

2. Move Windows From One Drive To Another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move Windows From One Drive To Another: I have three drives C,D & E. I want to move windows and do a clean install from C to E, but keep the files that are on D. The main reason is that C is tiny and out of space and E is faster and much larger. I don't care about preferences and applications being lost as I have...
  3. Move Windows From One Drive To Another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Windows From One Drive To Another: I have three drives C,D & E. I want to move windows and do a clean install from C to E, but keep the files that are on D. The main reason is that C is tiny and out of space and E is faster and much larger. I don't care about preferences and applications being lost as I have...
  4. Move Windows From One Drive To Another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to move programs from one PC to another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to move programs from one PC to another: Hi All, IT newb here. I have two identical hardware-wise PCs that I need to setup for two people. I've setup all the programs in Computer A. My question is, what would be the best way to transfer all the programs/settings from Computer A to Computer B without losing...
  6. Moving pre-installed windows from one pc to another

Moving pre-installed windows from one pc to another: Hi, I've got hp 8300 computer that came with pre-installed windows 10 and I'm getting new computer that has clean wiped ssd with no OS. Can I move my hp windows license to new computer? Thanks...
  7. Move windows 10 from one PC to another

Move windows 10 from one PC to another: When I bought this PC it came with Windows 8, then I got the free upgrade to Windows 10. I am changing the PC now but I am not able to move the windows 10 to that new pc, is that not allowed? I tried entering the product key, it did not work, then I tried activating from...
  8. Moving SSD from one PC to another

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Moving SSD from one PC to another: I have 2 laptops of different brands with completely different hardware, both with Windows 10 Home. The first laptop had a 250GB SSD, and the second had a 1TB HDD. I upgraded the first laptop to a 500GB SSD, and put the 250GB SSD in the second instead of the 1TB HDD. So the...
  9. Q: Moving license from one PC to another

Q: Moving license from one PC to another: Details pls: 3 yrs ago I purchased Windows 8.1 Pro (Retail !) I reinstalled to have Windows 10 pro.Now I want buying a new PC. Can I move the license to the new PC? If not: Can I add an HDD, and change CPU? Thanks guys :-) 78312
  10. How to move a metro app from one PC to another?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move a metro app from one PC to another?: Hi, I'm trying to move a metro app from my old Windows 8.1 PC to my new Windows 10 PC. Before you say 'Just re-download it' I should point out that, for some reason, MS have not only pulled it from the store but it also doesn't appear on my list of apps that are available...