Windows 10: moving windows apps to another drive

Discus and support moving windows apps to another drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hi, I have moved an app from the windows drive to another drive to keep my windows drive free but when I checked the windows apps folder on the windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by garretmia, Sep 25, 2018.

1. garretmia Win User

moving windows apps to another drive

hi, I have moved an app from the windows drive to another drive to keep my windows drive free but when I checked the windows apps folder on the windows drive it now has the app listed as a shortcut folder but the app is still taking up space on the windows drive even though the app is showing on the other drive as well.

:)

garretmia, Sep 25, 2018
  2. hellrazor Win User

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Sep 25, 2018
  3. How to move installed apps from one drive to another drive in Windows 10?

Hello,

As your concern is to move the apps from one drive to another drive, we will help you with this issue.

I recommend you to try the below steps to move the apps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings option.
    • Click on System, and on Apps & features to view all installed apps and their installation size.
    • Click on the app entry that you would like to move to a different drive to see
      Move and Uninstall options. Click Move
      button and then select a drive of your choice to move the app.

NOTE: When you click on a traditional desktop program or an app that came preinstalled with Windows 10, Windows 10 offers only Uninstall option and you can’t move desktop applications using this method.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 25, 2018
  4. moving windows apps to another drive

little cat, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

moving windows apps to another drive

1. moving windows apps to another drive - Similar Threads - moving apps another

2. Moving app to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving app to another drive: I want to move an app from my C drive to my external E drive. I tried uninstalling the app from the C drive and when I reinstall it, it doesn't give me an option where to install it so it automatically installs back to my C drive....
  3. Moving app to another drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving app to another drive: I want to move an app from my C drive to my external E drive. I tried uninstalling the app from the C drive and when I reinstall it, it doesn't give me an option where to install it so it automatically installs back to my C drive....
  4. Windows 11 - Moving app to another drive - No move option found.

Windows 11 - Moving app to another drive - No move option found.: How can I move an application from the C drive to the D drive on Windows 11? Can seem to find the "move" button as mentioned by Windows 10 users....
  5. Windows 11 - Moving app to another drive - No move option found.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Moving app to another drive - No move option found.: How can I move an application from the C drive to the D drive on Windows 11? Can seem to find the "move" button as mentioned by Windows 10 users....
  6. Moving windows 10 to another drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving windows 10 to another drive: Hi all, So I installed a NVMe drive on my desktop computer. My windows 10 install right now is on a SATA drive, and I would like to move it to my NVMe drive as I want to get faster load times and all. Any ideas? The only way I know of is to totally reinstall windows, which...
  7. move "microsoft photos app" to another drive windows 10

move "microsoft photos app" to another drive windows 10: I'm out of space on c: and need to move some store apps to another drive, especially the photos app. Other posts here say to set the SYSTEM storage location in settings to the other drive. Photos will not install there, and can not be moved from the c drive. If I set a...
  8. Can't move apps to another drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't move apps to another drive: Hi, I would just like to install Phantasy Star Online 2 on my pc but I'm having a weird error code. First of all I wanted it to go to my drive E where I have a lot of space left the option was there to download the app and is highlighted blue so it's clickable but when I do...
  9. How to "move" an app from c:/ to another drive?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to "move" an app from c:/ to another drive?: I am trying to move an app to a different drive to free up space. I am an administrator. The "move" icon on the apps & features page is grayed out. What do I have to do to activate the move command?...
  10. Move Apps to another Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Move Apps to another Drive in Windows 10: How to: Move Apps to another Drive in Windows 10 How to Move Apps to another Drive in Windows 10 In Windows 10, users can move their installed Windows apps from the Store to another drive. The default location is This PC on the Windows C: drive in the...