Windows 10: Moving windows from HDD to SSD

Discus and support Moving windows from HDD to SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, fairly new to this and recently bought an average 2.5 SSD to go in my PC, I want to move the windows installation to the SSD from my HDD but I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JayMerkenzie, May 1, 2021.

1. Moving windows from HDD to SSD

Hi, fairly new to this and recently bought an average 2.5 SSD to go in my PC, I want to move the windows installation to the SSD from my HDD but I'm having issues. I've tried wipng and cloning the drives, making a full image and trying to restore. My next option was to reset everything and do a fresh install of Windows through the settings, not sure if that would work? I haven't got a USB as of now, is there anything I can do? Thanks

:)

JayMerkenzie, May 1, 2021

2. Upgraded Windows Transfer from HDD to SSD

Hi

My windows was upgraded from 8 to 10 on my laptop few years back. I was trying to get the HDD replaced with SSD. During the copy process, the technician said windows cannot be moved to SSD as it is an upgraded version from 8 to 10.

Kindly guide if there is a possibility to copy the windows to SSD ? If so, please suggest the steps.

NipunSingla, May 1, 2021
  3. Is my SSD (22.5GB) big enough to move Windows from my HDD?

I have windows installed in a 1TB HDD, my computer has a 25GB SSD with 22.5GB of free space, the rest being used by a folder named drivers which I guess obviously stores drivers, though im not sure if they're actually used, the Windows folder in my HDD
    is 18GB.

Is the space in my SSD enough to move Windows to it? if so, what steps should I follow to move it?

Eduardo Proa, May 1, 2021
  4. Moving windows from HDD to SSD

How to move window from HDD to SSD

How to move window from HDD to SSD

Suni lMachhar, May 1, 2021
Thema:

Moving windows from HDD to SSD

1. Moving windows from HDD to SSD - Similar Threads - Moving HDD SSD

2. Moving Windows from SSD to HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving Windows from SSD to HDD: Hi all!I am looking to upgrade my SSD where windows is installed. Ideally I want to transfer everything from the old SSD to the new SSD Both M.2. I would like to know If I can transfer windows to my HDD and back to my new SSD or if I need to do something else.I am not great...
  3. Moving windows from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving windows from HDD to SSD: Hi, I bought a new SSD and I want to move windows from my old HDD, the problem is that my HDD where windows is installed has more storage than the SSD and is also full ie. 1.7TB/2TB whereas my SSD has 250GB. I want to know how I can move windows in my situation. Thanks in...
  4. Moving windows from HDD to SSD

Moving windows from HDD to SSD: Hi, I bought a new SSD and I want to move windows from my old HDD, the problem is that my HDD where windows is installed has more storage than the SSD and is also full ie. 1.7TB/2TB whereas my SSD has 250GB. I want to know how I can move windows in my situation. Thanks in...
  5. Moving windows from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Moving windows from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Moving windows from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Moving windows from HDD to SSD

Moving windows from HDD to SSD: Hi, fairly new to this and recently bought an average 2.5 SSD to go in my PC, I want to move the windows installation to the SSD from my HDD but I'm having issues. I've tried wipng and cloning the drives, making a full image and trying to restore. My next option was to reset...
  9. Moving Windows from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving Windows from HDD to SSD: Hi everyone! I have bought my PC(came with both HDD and SSD) more than a year ago and my Windows on a DVD which I stupidly installed on my HDD(and waiting 10 min every time i wanted to turn it on), but for this whole time i didn't have my SSD storage available. Today tho i...
  10. Moving from HDD to SSD

Moving from HDD to SSD: Hello, I recently decided to buy a new 1TB SSD to “replace” my current and only HDD. I’ve been using my HDD for some time now and I wanted to make the SSD my windows 10 boot drive but I’m not sure how to do this. I wanted to make it a clean install so I can add my programs...