Windows 10: Moving Windows from two hard drives to one

Discus and support Moving Windows from two hard drives to one in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I currently have Windows installed across two hard drives, but am looking to migrate it all to one hard drive. I understand the best way to do this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Matthew Buckley, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Moving Windows from two hard drives to one

I currently have Windows installed across two hard drives, but am looking to migrate it all to one hard drive. I understand the best way to do this is via reinstalling Windows and restoring from a system image, but will it cause an issue when the system image thinks there should be two hard drives and there is then only one?

:)

Matthew Buckley, Apr 13, 2019
  2. little cat, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Apr 13, 2019
  4. $immond$ Win User

Moving Windows from two hard drives to one

Windowed Hard Drives

On the contrary, showing off "slow tech" by adding a window to a hard drive is a "dumb" idea. Do you really want to be showing off a whole "7200-10000 RPM of power" or would you rather show off a plain SSD drive? (If you really desire to "show off")

Adding any window to any drive is just stupid. I just suggested an easier option for you since manufactures don't put windows on the latest hard drives.

$immond$, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

Moving Windows from two hard drives to one

1. Moving Windows from two hard drives to one - Similar Threads - Moving hard drives

2. Sync two external hard drives - not One Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sync two external hard drives - not One Drive: I am interested in syncing two 12TB external drives through my Windows 10 machine, I call them A and B. I want to be able to update the B drive every so often with organisation changes and additions that I make on my A drive automatically after choosing the moment to sync and...
  3. Sync two external hard drives - not One Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync two external hard drives - not One Drive: I am interested in syncing two 12TB external drives through my Windows 10 machine, I call them A and B. I want to be able to update the B drive every so often with organisation changes and additions that I make on my A drive automatically after choosing the moment to sync and...
  4. Sync two external hard drives - not One Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to combine two drives which are from one hard drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to combine two drives which are from one hard drive?: Hello,I have a 1TB hard drive which I split up during windows installation into two 500GB drives. Now I have this configuration in the disk manager:I dont know why, but the single drive is shown as two separate disks and I cant manage to combine them. What can I do to combine...
  6. Moving from two drives to one

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving from two drives to one: I currently have a 250gb SSD as my boot drive holds my operating system, photos, etc, and a 4TB HDD that i use for storing all of my games. I want to upgrade to a single SSD some time soon, as it makes things easier to manage, and Adobe software annoyingly cannot be...
  7. Move Hard Drive from One Laptop to Another

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move Hard Drive from One Laptop to Another: I have two laptops, both are Dell Inspiron model 5558 with identical hardware configurations. Both are Win 10 version 1903. Due to a hinge issue with the primary machine, I want to move the hard drive from the one with the damaged hinge to the one without the hinge problem....
  8. Clone two hard drives into one?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clone two hard drives into one?: Need some help. I have two hard drives that I want to consolidate all the data into one. Macrium usually works for this however it says it will delete the destination drive before copying. How can I copy one drive over then the other without deleting the data from the...
  9. Possible to backup data from two hard drives to one?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Possible to backup data from two hard drives to one?: I have been building my PC for quite a long time now and I have some important information on it. System related things are on my C: drive whereas other things are on my D: drive. Is there a way I can backup these drives to one drive of terabyte storage? Thank you in...
  10. Possible to backup data from two hard drives to one?

in Windows 10 Support
    Possible to backup data from two hard drives to one?: I have been building my PC for quite a long time now and I have some important information on it. System related things are on my C: drive whereas other things are on my D: drive. Is there a way I can backup these drives to one drive of terabyte storage? Thank you in...