Windows 10: moving windows license from old pc to new pc

Discus and support moving windows license from old pc to new pc in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I purchased a dell PC (not windows 10 pro), and then updated it Windows 10 pro. I queried the machine to get my activation code I uninstalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BrianJoyce2, Mar 1, 2019.

1. moving windows license from old pc to new pc

Hi,

I purchased a dell PC (not windows 10 pro), and then updated it Windows 10 pro.

I queried the machine to get my activation code

I uninstalled the windows license from the dell, with success,

How do I upgrade my surface pro 6 (just purchased) from windows home to that windows 10 pro license?

Thanks,

Brian

:)

BrianJoyce2, Mar 1, 2019

2. move windows 10 license from old to new pc.

Sorry, but I can't find an answer for how to move windows 10 home license to new pc.

All are talking about upgrade from windows 7/8 etc and/or free windows 10 upgrade license.

In my case is no upgrade and no free windows 10 license involved.

Situation:

- Old pc is running windows 10 and the license has been ordered from www.microsoftstore.com

- New pc is without any OS and I would like to install windows 10 home using the product key i do use on the old pc.

Is that possible and any special actions ?

thanks.

FlemmingSøndergård, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Tyr0n Win User
    how to move license to new pc

hi

i bought an win 8.1 pro retail license 3 years ago

i upgraded my win8.1 to win 10 pro

for now i wanna change my pc new m.b and new gpu ram or ....

so can i move my license to new pc too?

thanks alot

Tyr0n, Mar 1, 2019
  4. moving windows license from old pc to new pc

Windows 10 | Moving license to a new PC

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We are glad to assist you with the issue.

I suggest you to refer the suggestion by Mile hall on Aug-29-2015
    and check if this helps.

Move Windows 10 license to another PC?

Let us know if this helps.

Akheel Ahmed, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

moving windows license from old pc to new pc

1. moving windows license from old pc to new pc - Similar Threads - moving license old

2. Moving from old PC with Win10 to new PC with Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving from old PC with Win10 to new PC with Win11: I bought Windows 10 Home in in 2017 on Microsoft Store. When Windows 11 came around, it told me that my PC doesn't meet the requirements. Finally I have built a new PC and installed Windows 11. I want to deactivate Windows 10 on my old PC and activate Windows 11 to my new...
  3. Moving from old PC with Win10 to new PC with Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving from old PC with Win10 to new PC with Win11: I bought Windows 10 Home in in 2017 on Microsoft Store. When Windows 11 came around, it told me that my PC doesn't meet the requirements. Finally I have built a new PC and installed Windows 11. I want to deactivate Windows 10 on my old PC and activate Windows 11 to my new...
  4. Old Windows license on new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Windows license on new PC: Hello everyone,I have an old PC that has Windows Enterprise activated, and I was wondering if there is any way I can use the same license code in a new PC, since I will be discarding the old one soon.Thanks in advance!...
  5. Old Windows license on new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old Windows license on new PC: Hello everyone,I have an old PC that has Windows Enterprise activated, and I was wondering if there is any way I can use the same license code in a new PC, since I will be discarding the old one soon.Thanks in advance!...
  6. Old Windows license on new PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. SSD Moved from old to new PC

SSD Moved from old to new PC: Hello, I recently built a new computer and moved my SSD that contained my windows install from the old to the new computer. Everything boots fine, but I'm getting the notifications that my copy of windows is not genuine and that I need to provide a windows key. I never had to...
  8. Moving Fonts from OLD PC to NEW

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Fonts from OLD PC to NEW: Hiya, I have a new PC and want all the additional fonts I added to my old PC. How does one... do that? https://www.techwalla.com/articles/h...ter-to-another That article provides a method. But it implies you must pick and choose which you want to move. I want to skip that...
  9. Moving Windows License to a new PC

Moving Windows License to a new PC: Hello, Soon I will have a new PC which is custom built, so Windows will not be pre-activated. Is there any way I can transfer the license from my current PC to the new PC? I do not have a product key and I do not wish to re-purchase Windows 10 again unnecessarily....
  10. Moving from win7/old pc to win10/new pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving from win7/old pc to win10/new pc: I have a newly built pc on which I will install Win 10. My old pc has Win 7 installed. I plan to have the new pc boot UEFI. The old pc is legacy boot (non-UEFI). Q1. Will I be able to just put the old HDDs in the new pc as storage and transfer files (photos, music,...