Windows 10: Moving Windows Live and contacts mails on a Windows 7 laptop to Outlook or Windows Mail on...

Discus and support Moving Windows Live and contacts mails on a Windows 7 laptop to Outlook or Windows Mail on... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I a trying to help my mother-in-law with the install of her new laptop. She has been using Windows Live mail POP3 type with a local Swedish... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SamAuvray, Jan 21, 2020.

1. SamAuvray Win User

Moving Windows Live and contacts mails on a Windows 7 laptop to Outlook or Windows Mail on...

Hello,

I a trying to help my mother-in-law with the install of her new laptop. She has been using Windows Live mail POP3 type with a local Swedish mail services provider and have therefore all her mails stored locally on the old laptop. I am told one solution is to install Outlook on the new laptop and import mail/contacts from Live Mail.

I have been browsing various support treads and the one called "Export Windows Live Mail emails, contacts, and calendar data to Outlook" https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/980534 is not there anymore. I read as well that the conversion process into PST files that can be uploaded to Outlook is not working seemlessly ... and Outlook is not free

Anything else to recommend ? Should I for example reinstall Windows Live on the new laptop just for mail history purposes and move to the Mail app on Windows 10 without transferring mail history after changing mail type from POP to IMAP4 ?

What about moving over contacts from Live Mail ? Can Windows Mail import contact files .CSV or other ?

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

Sam

:)

SamAuvray, Jan 21, 2020
  2. Dilbert Win User

Windows Live Mail by Windows 7

Dear All,

Core i3 with Windows 7 Home. Recently swapped the HD
    due to crash & reinstalled Win 7 including WLM (Windows
    Live Mail). I encountered 3 problems while configuring
    my account & restoring the (previously exported) inbox.

1/ A family member of mine used my system to check his e-mail.
    To do this he created a second account in WLM in order to read
    his hotmail e-mail traffic. I have now deleted the account but
    when WLM is launched i repeatedly get a login window
    containing the details of the family member's e-mail address
    instead of my details. How can i clear this and make sure that
    when WLM is launched only my e-mail addres is visible?

2/ Mijn account is configured to remember its password,
    and enable immediate access of my mails.
    Despite of this i get a login window when WLM is started.
    When i fill out e-mailaddress & password and press enter
    the account is not recognised and WLM pretends that e-mail
    address or password are wrong. Nevertheless i can see the headers
    of my e-mails and if i close the login window i can also access & read
    the e-mails.. How can i remove the login window permanently?

3/ I'd like to disable the option "leave copy on server" Where can i find
    this option in WLM?

Thanks in advance,
    Dilbert

Dilbert, Jan 21, 2020
  3. Windows Mail

im pretty sure you can. i know outlook you can and windows mail is based upon outlook.

freaksavior, Jan 21, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

Moving Windows Live and contacts mails on a Windows 7 laptop to Outlook or Windows Mail on...

Windows Mail

Yes, Windows mail (on Vista) is almost identical to Windows Live Mail (which I use here at work on XP), and have multiple accounts set up.

Windows Live Mail has one of the best out-of-the-box spam detectors I have ever seen in an e-mail client, and of course, it's free.

The one thing I like about WLM over Windows Mail on Vista, is that WLM does not use popup box verification when you delete the entire junk mailbox (it does, however, on the deleted mailbox). If I hit the delete key for a whole mailbox, I mean it. Honestly, you don't have to ask me if I am sure about what I am doing.

Kreij, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Moving Windows Live and contacts mails on a Windows 7 laptop to Outlook or Windows Mail on... - Similar Threads - Moving Live contacts

2. Outlook and Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook and Windows Live Mail: Although WLM is long past its sell by date, I still use it and have for many years. Very good email client.Trying to add my Outlook Mail account to WLM and have followed this link for server and setup information -...
  3. Outlook and Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook and Windows Live Mail: Although WLM is long past its sell by date, I still use it and have for many years. Very good email client.Trying to add my Outlook Mail account to WLM and have followed this link for server and setup information -...
  4. Moving Windows Live Mail 2011 to "Mail"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Windows Live Mail 2011 to "Mail": I'm moving Windows 10 Live Mail 2011 files from my wife's old computer into another computer which has Mail that's in Windows 10. Is there a trick to it? I see no menu bar that says import, etc. Can someone give me easy steps to accomplish this? Thanks....
  5. Merging contacts from Live Mail to Windows Mail

Merging contacts from Live Mail to Windows Mail: OK. I have finally managed to move my contact list onto the new PC. They all appear in the People tab in Windows mail. Here's my problem - hundreds of them appear as " unnamed contact". When I click on them, it does show the name and email address, but only in the "notes"...
  6. Mail contacts to be moved to Outlook

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Mail contacts to be moved to Outlook: I have recently installed Office365 for my mum on her computer. She previously used the Mail app and I have installed Outlook. However, she is complaining that her contacts are not there. I have downloaded the official contacts from her email system but there are some...
  7. Move Windows 10 Mail app mail, folders, and contacts into Outlook 2016

Move Windows 10 Mail app mail, folders, and contacts into Outlook 2016: There are many articles describing how to move mail, but NONE have the data location correct! Articles say use EML to PST converters, but that assumes that you can find EML messages. As a test, I set up Windows 10 MAIL app today. Let it populate my mail. Searched my...
  8. Contacts in Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Contacts in Windows Live Mail: A couple of days ago I noticed that Windows Live Mail did not know some of the e-mail addresses that I would type in. Upon closer examination, it appears to have reverted to the information it contained a few years ago. I have no idea what caused this. How do I restore it...
  9. Imorting Live Mail contacts in Windows 7 to Mail in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Imorting Live Mail contacts in Windows 7 to Mail in Windows 10: As Live Mail Windows 7 and Mail Windows 10 are Microsoft products, How do I import my contacts from Live Mail in Windows 7 to Mail in Windows 10? If it is not possible why not - they are /Microsoft products?...
  10. Move Windows Live Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Move Windows Live Mail: I should know this. However, I need to get my Windows Live Mail off my old PC and put on new built PC. Both are running Windows 10, Build 14316. I've tried a simple Export Message but it exports the Folders with nothing in them. Had this before but can't remember. Pete...