Windows 10: Moving Windows subfolders

Discus and support Moving Windows subfolders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I know this might be a silly question to ask from someone who's new in computers and is still learning about the bells and whistles of a PC and how it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Karanza, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Karanza Win User

Moving Windows subfolders

I know this might be a silly question to ask from someone who's new in computers and is still learning about the bells and whistles of a PC and how it works, so please forgive me Moving Windows subfolders :)

1. Is it possible to move anything inside the "Windows" folder (like system 32, system sub folders, or the windows folder itself) onto the desktop and would Windows 10 allow me to do something like that.

2. I've heard that Windows 10 along with older versions of windows have something called a "Trusted Installer" which is some sort of security that Microsoft implemented. Would that stop me from moving that particular system folder onto the desktop and say that I need permissions or "administrative" privileges to perform that sort of activity?

if you can provide me with some information about Trusted Installer as well as other questions I've asked, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Just a disclaimer: I do not condemn this sort of activity nor am I encouraging anybody else to do it. Like I've mentioned earlier, I'm new to the IT field and willing to learn and seek additional information about computers and how the operating system works.

:)

Karanza, Nov 9, 2018

2. How do I move a subfolder from its folder on the Edge Favorites bar to its own position on the Favorites bar?

Hi Denzil,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Click on the Hub option on top right of the screen.
    • Select the subfolder that you want to move.
    • Drag the subfolder & drop on the folder.

Check if it helps

Hope this helps, if the issue persists do get back to us we will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Nov 9, 2018
  3. hellrazor Win User
    Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Moving Windows subfolders

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Moving Windows subfolders

1. Moving Windows subfolders - Similar Threads - Moving subfolders

2. I tried to move a subfolder in my Link Station 200 folder by dragging. It gave the not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I tried to move a subfolder in my Link Station 200 folder by dragging. It gave the not...: I tried to move a subfolder in my Link Station 200 folder by dragging. It gave the not allowed symbol and several seconds later the folder disappeared. How am I able to get it back?...
  3. I tried to move a subfolder in my Link Station 200 folder by dragging. It gave the not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I tried to move a subfolder in my Link Station 200 folder by dragging. It gave the not...: I tried to move a subfolder in my Link Station 200 folder by dragging. It gave the not allowed symbol and several seconds later the folder disappeared. How am I able to get it back?...
  4. I used to use File Explorer to move a file from my desktop to a desktop subfolder. Since...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I used to use File Explorer to move a file from my desktop to a desktop subfolder. Since...: I used to use File Explorer to move a file from my desktop to a desktop subfolder. Since the last update of Windows 11, I can't seem to do that. Suggestions?...
  5. I used to use File Explorer to move a file from my desktop to a desktop subfolder. Since...

I used to use File Explorer to move a file from my desktop to a desktop subfolder. Since...: I used to use File Explorer to move a file from my desktop to a desktop subfolder. Since the last update of Windows 11, I can't seem to do that. Suggestions?...
  6. Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder: HiI don't know how to explain this clearly but I have many project folders let's name them A, B, C, .....etc.Inside each of them are multiple files and subfolders.I want to make a subfolder named "Design" into each project file and move all the contents of the project folder...
  7. Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder

Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder: HiI don't know how to explain this clearly but I have many project folders let's name them A, B, C, .....etc.Inside each of them are multiple files and subfolders.I want to make a subfolder named "Design" into each project file and move all the contents of the project folder...
  8. What is the most efficient way to move files mixed from subfolders to one or two master...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the most efficient way to move files mixed from subfolders to one or two master...: My older external hard drive WD 1.81 TB of 2 TB used contains the following:Various file types.A directory created out of ignorance see pic.I opened a few folders, but some folders contain other subfolders, uhhhh!This is not the entire directory; the PICTURES folder contains...
  9. What is the most efficient way to move files mixed from subfolders to one or two master...

What is the most efficient way to move files mixed from subfolders to one or two master...: My older external hard drive WD 1.81 TB of 2 TB used contains the following:Various file types.A directory created out of ignorance see pic.I opened a few folders, but some folders contain other subfolders, uhhhh!This is not the entire directory; the PICTURES folder contains...
  10. I have made a subfolder & moved emails into that folder & when I go later to retrieve the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have made a subfolder & moved emails into that folder & when I go later to retrieve the...: I have made a subfolder and moved emails into that folder and when I go later to retrieve the emails, they have disappeared. Next to the folder it gives the number of the emails it contains, but it is empty. Why does this happen & what can I do to resolve it?...